What game do you suppose is Tantalus' AAA Wii U port?

Aki

I personally believe it's going to be some lame ass game that no one really cares about. Most likely a port of a game that's already been out for quite some time on the other consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if it's BF4 or CoD.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I personally believe it's going to be some lame ass game that no one really cares about. Most likely a port of a game that's already been out for quite some time on the other consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if it's BF4 or CoD.
It's already been stated it is not a M rated game, so COD or BF4 are out. The list keeps getting narrower and narrower as people wonder more and more what it could be.

The back of my mind though does come back to Destiny, however. The Wii U was mentioned in the site code of the game's website before it came out. At that point, some people wonder if it really was coming to the Wii U.

And it is T rated, so it still works. The only issue is what exactly do Tantalus mean when the game is not hardcore? Does hardcore imply not a M rated game, or what? The term hardcore isn't exactly definitively defined most of the time.

Remember when Wii got the first Modern Warfare when everyone else was getting MW2?

Activision giving us old games is nothing new

Not saying it IS Destiny, but I'm just pointing out that Activision has done this before, sorta.

hogge

I really doubt Minecraft could hit Wii U.

The same about FF. I believe Nintendo platform will never see a FF main title again, there must be some business contract that doesn't allow it.
Considering Minecraft now is owned by Microsoft, that's pretty certain... atless Microsoft is planning to buy Nintendo out as well.

hogge

Prince of Persia Trilogy HD, Beyond Good and Evil HD, Sould Calibur 2 HD... any other HD collection that has cme out this gen.
Well, Soul Calibur might just be it :)
They're pretty large game, although I'm not sure if they're bigger than Deus Ex.

Shoulder

Devil May Cry sounds good, but it's been confirmed from Tantulus this will not be a M rated game, so we can count that one out. This is more difficult than it seems.

In the end, we all might be disappointed, because of what we think it may be, versus what it will become, but it's still interesting to comment.

Odo

Let's sum it up.

Time flies, right?

As was reported yesterday, Tantalus are hard at work with yet another "AAA next-gen port" which will be unveiled soon and released later this year. And it has my balding scalp tingling with desire. What could this be? We have some hints that include it's from a "top-notch publisher," and it's the "biggest game we've ever done." I'm predicting something open world.

Here are some ideas I have:

Skyrim
Tomb Raider
Destiny
GTAV
Red Dead Redemption

Minecraft
Dark Souls 1 and/or 2
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy XIII trilogy (maybe XV?)
etc, etc

EDIT: I forgot that it's not supposed to be a M-rated game, so scratch some of those choices. Fuck, this is hard.

So basically, just a wish list of what I think could be it, but we've been surprised before. I'm not going to get my hopes up too much, but I'm seriously curious what this could be.
Minecraft?

KH?

FF?

Mass Effect Trilogy, full 60 dollars, no DLC
LOL :D

Ok then, I think previous gen then. Given Wii U isnt getting Arkham Knight, I can see it being Origins.
Batman Origins.. no :D

Dark Souls!!! no ..

Let's see here. I don't think it's going to be Final Fantasy XV. Going solely off the trailers, I don't believe that the Wii U can run that game, at least not at HD resolutions. I can't see it being Kingdom Hearts 3 for the same reason. Don't see it being KH1 / 2 either since those are Sony exclusive. I think I'm gonna go with Dark Souls II since it's coming out somewhat soon for both PS4 and XB1 and it was a last gen game so Wii U can definitely run it.
Yeah, not FF.

y'all need to read, its not m-rated.
Also I'd bet on it being a western game than a japanese one.
Dreaming for a western port.

So far we can deduce:

-Likely a Western title
-Not M-rated
-AAA Title
-Biggest game Tantatlus has done yet, so think bigger than ME3 and DE:HR
-Game comes from a "top-notch" publisher

That does narrow it down a bit. Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy is what I think now.
Kingdom Hearts have fans!

Dark Souls 2 is rated 'T', by the way. So I still think it's possible.
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33288
More dreams about Dark Souls. Imagine Dark Souls for Wii U :D

Tank! Tank! Tank! of course!

Jokes aside, maybe the new Witcher game. That could be brilliant. Although the ambitions of W3 sounds too much like Zelda U...
Witcher game! Wow!

Good suggestion, except that the game they're porting is not going to be M-rated. Tantulus has already mentioned that.

GAF has a huge thread about this whole thing we're all talking about, and some more common suggestions on there are:

Pro Evolution Soccer
Guitar Hero
Rock Band (until it was announced for PS4/X1)
Destiny
Minecraft
Final Fantasy XIII trilogy

I checked and Destiny is actually a T rated game, so that could potentially work. I know some people do or do not like it (I enjoyed the beta), but Activision does have a big vision for it, so having it on all necessary platforms would be what Activision would want to maximize profits and whatnot.

FFXIII was another one that seemed interesting, even if for the fact there hasn't been a FF game on a Nintendo console since the 90's (there have been a few FF games on handhelds though in the past) FFXIII seems to be a love it or hate it type of game for most people.

Minecraft is the only odd duck because it's not really a AAA game, even if Microsoft owns the IP now (top-notch publisher). But Miyamoto does like Minecraft, and I'm sure more people at Nintendo, and according to some people on GAF, it's a popular request on Miiverse (I don't know, as I don't visit Miiverse that often).

Some are hoping it'll be unveiled at PAX East next week.
PES?

Destiny? The big MMO for Wii U. It'd be good, right?

I really doubt Minecraft could hit Wii U.

The same about FF. I believe Nintendo platform will never see a FF main title again, there must be some business contract that doesn't allow it.
Minecraft? never!!

LOL. I was damn wrong!

BF4?

Considering Minecraft now is owned by Microsoft, that's pretty certain... atless Microsoft is planning to buy Nintendo out as well.
Pretty certain Minecraft will never be on Wii U right?

Prince of Persia Trilogy HD, Beyond Good and Evil HD, Sould Calibur 2 HD... any other HD collection that has cme out this gen.
A Prince of Persia comeback. I'd love it.

DMC?

No guys, it's just Zelda TP!

From a top notch publisher :D

Anyone disappointed?

PS: Don't take me seriously, in fact all your thoughts made sense! I'm just trying to make fun of our dreams of last year.

Last edited:

Shoulder

Let's sum it up.

Time flies, right?

Minecraft?

KH?

FF?

LOL :D

Batman Origins.. no :D

Dark Souls!!! no ..

Yeah, not FF.

Dreaming for a western port.

Kingdom Hearts have fans!

More dreams about Dark Souls. Imagine Dark Souls for Wii U :D

Witcher game! Wow!

PES?

Destiny? The big MMO for Wii U. It'd be good, right?

Minecraft? never!!

LOL. I was damn wrong!

BF4?

Pretty certain Minecraft will never be on Wii U right?

A Prince of Persia comeback. I'd love it.

DMC?

No guys, it's just Zelda TP!

From a top notch publisher :D

Anyone disappointed?
It's interesting when you think about all the hints and details we got from Tantulus, and yet we never once thought the publisher was Nintendo themselves. In certain aspects, this is one of those megaton announcements we did not see coming.

To be fair, the various rumblings said "nextgen port".
TP is nowhere near fitting that description.
I dont dream for western ports, just figured that was the most logical given the hints and history. I would take any Japanese game over Batman and Tombe Raider. Alas, disappointment.

Odo

I didn't mean to laugh at anyone. I said dreaming for western port just to make my text funny. I'm just trying to making you all have fun with our thoughts from one year ago.

I think everyone's ideas made sense.

Tantalus is the one who laughed at our faces.

To be honest, I dreamed a lot about Wii U getting western ports and my dream was this port to be some big AAA western game from PS3/PS4 in order to make Wii U stronger in the West.

Zelda TP is great, but I'm quite disappointed since we've got already plenty of Zelda games being ported and it could've been something "new" for Wii U.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I didn't mean to laugh at anyone. I said dreaming for western port just to make my text funny. I'm just trying to making you all have fun with our thoughts from one year ago.

I think everyone's ideas made sense.

Tantalus is the one who laughed at our faces.

To be honest, I dreamed a lot about Wii U getting western ports and my dream was this port to be some big AAA western game from PS3/PS4 in order to make Wii U stronger in the West.

Zelda TP is great, but I'm quite disappointed since we've got already plenty of Zelda games being ported and it could've been something "new" for Wii U.
I really hoped the port was either Dark Souls 1 or 2. I think those games are a perfect fit for the Nintendo fanbase, they fit right alongside stuff like Bayo 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Shoulder

To be fair, the various rumblings said "nextgen port".
TP is nowhere near fitting that description.
I dont dream for western ports, just figured that was the most logical given the hints and history. I would take any Japanese game over Batman and Tombe Raider. Alas, disappointment.
To be fair though, saying it's a next-gen port is technically correct because it's a port of an older game on a next-gen system. Although, I hate the term next-gen because we are already in the next-gen, so it should be called current-gen. I know many people associate the term next-gen for graphics, but in the pedantic terms of what next-generation actually means, it's true...unless of course everyone thinks next-gen port means a game on a current gen system that is being ported to a different current gen system, but who knows.

The term next-gen is outdated and needs to be abolished until the next generation of systems are announced.

Goodtwin

I was happy it was Zelda TP HD. No single western port was going to do anything to drive the Wii U userbase, and Zelda TP HD is very much aimed at the existing userbase. It's for those of us who are really into Nintendo, and more specifically Zelda games. Zelda TP was Nintendo's biggest undertaking ever, and getting a quality remaster is welcome in my book.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
I was happy it was Zelda TP HD. No single western port was going to do anything to drive the Wii U userbase, and Zelda TP HD is very much aimed at the existing userbase. It's for those of us who are really into Nintendo, and more specifically Zelda games. Zelda TP was Nintendo's biggest undertaking ever, and getting a quality remaster is welcome in my book.

Sent from my SM-G360V using genital warts
Totally agree. I haven't been this excited for another remaster since Final Fantasy X back in 2014. It's a big welcome for me and should help fill in the scarce spring releases for WiiU.

Odo

I think I'm not excited, because I played TP a few years ago. I don't feel the need to play it again this year.

Shoulder

Sent from my SM-G360V using genital warts
TPHD makes me very excited as well. If you think about it, Nintendo have re-released, in some form, many of the other previous Zelda titles (excluding a few handheld versions), so it only made sense after Wind Waker on GCN, and OoT and MM on 3DS, that Twilight Princess would also be getting re-released as well. And like the other titles I just mentioned, it also is getting remade with better graphic fidelity, and fixes/improvements.

Totally agree. I haven't been this excited for another remaster since Final Fantasy X back in 2014. It's a big welcome for me and should help fill in the scarce spring releases for WiiU.
FFX/X-2HD also made me very excited when I first heard about them. It's also why I purchased them immediately when it came out for PS3. I still have yet to finish FFX (I have played through it once before and ditto for FFX-2), but I want to do that soon.