What games are you looking forward to in 2012?

admin

Administrator
Of course, I can't wait for the Wii U and any games it brings. But, I must say we sure have waited a long time for Pikmin 3. It better live up to our expectations. Other games I'm looking forward to are:

Resident Evil Revelations

Why: It has some of the best graphics on the system and it seems like it will be a full Resident Evil experience, only on a handheld. Throw in those scanning goggles ripped right out of Metroid Prime and a narrative-thick approach unlike Resident Evil 5 (not to mention the circle pad pro) and you have a game I'm mighty excited for.
------

Kid Icarus Uprising

Why: Because it's the first Kid Icarus in decades, duh. And I want to see Masahiro Sakurai put to the test now that he's left the SSB franchise and put at the head of his own studio. Also, is it just me or does it seem like this is the only game that's actually supporting AR cards?
------

Metal Gear Solid 3D

Why: Well, MGS3, was one of the only Metal Gear Solid games I haven't played. Plus, it should satisfy my needs for exceptionally complex storylines and cool cinematics when I get in that Metal Gear mood.
-------

Paper Mario 3DS

Why: I'm very happy to finally have a Mario RPG that seems like it will return to the its roots of what made the origina Paper Mario so special. No more Mario & Luigi RPG, no more Super Paper Mario. Just pure Paper Mario like the original.
-------

Luigi's Mansion 2

Why: Originally, Super Mario 3D Land was my most anticipated game on the 3DS. Now that that's out and done with (yeah right, I'm not even close to finishing the Special Worlds) Luigi's Mansion 2 is my next most anticipated game. I was a big fan of the original and if they manage to lengthen the experience this time and make it deeper, it should be a real winner. Plus, I can't wait to see it in 3D.
--------

Tales of the Abyss

Why: Tales of the Abyss should satisfy my need for a really long and deep RPG. Unlike the other games here (besides MGS3D) it has already been released and we already know it's good. Now it just has to arrive on the shelves for Western audiences.
-------

Mario Tennis 3D

Why: This seems like the perfect game to be on a handheld. I can just imagine sitting down in the john to a couple brief but addictive game rounds of Mario Tennis. And it will be cool to adjust the 3D slider to watch the tennis ball popping at you.
-------
/>Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle

Why: The truth is I'm not so excited for Layton for Ace Attorney. I'm more excited for another dose of classic Layton with upgraded visuals. It's not really fair that Japan got this as a launch game and we have to wait, but I'm sure I'll forgive their indignity once I get my hands on it.
-------

VVVVVV

Why: This is really an awesome indie game. When I first started playing it on PC, I thought, Yeah it has a cute gimmick. But how much could they do with it already? Little did I realize what a deep and masterfully crafted game it was. It's long, difficult, and brilliantly retro. And I think playing it on a handheld will actually make it a little easier.
-------

Tekken 3D Prime Edition

Why: So far I love the fighters that have come to the 3DS so far. I own Street Fighter and Dead or Alive and I can't wait for the equally awesome looking Tekken 3D Prime. If we just receive Super Smash Bros, I think we can officially call the 3DS the best handheld for fighters of all time. (Except for the Neo Geo Pocket, which may have been the best system ever for fighters. Check it up!)
-------

Dillon's Rolling Western

Why: No, not because it's a new Nintendo IP, rather, because it's Nintendo's first attempt at a Tower Defense game. Plus, it's got such a goofy setting you can't help but root for it!
-------

Mutant Mudds

Why: It's Renegade Kid, that's why! Also, I love the pixel art and graphical style.
-------

Guild01

Why: Now this is a new idea for a game: four developers contribute their random games into one package? I can't wait to see what Suda51 cooks up!
------

Time Travellers

Why: First of all, I love games made by Level-5. Second of all, it looks really cool. Sort of like a combination between post-apocalypse and sci-fi.
------

Fantasy Life

Why: Yet another game by Level-5. Only this time they're partnering up with Brownie Brown of Mother 3 acclaim. We don't know much about it but it's definitely one to watch.
-------

Kyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shibō Desu

Why: Simple. 999 was one of the coolest adventure games on the DS and this is its successor. Wait for it to blow your mind. That reminds me, I've been meaning to check up Kotaro Uchikoshi's acclaimed sci-fi visual novel, Ever 17: The Out of Infinity. Obviously, this guy has talent.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Xenoblade, Xenoblade and Xenoblade.

If any of the other OpRainfall games come over, I'll be anticipating Pandora's Tower more than The Last Story.

I've been all over Protocol since its reveal (take THAT, tired war shooters). I hope it lives up to my expectations.

admin

Administrator
Since I was focusing on 3DS games I totally forgot to mention The Last Story. I'm really pumped about that one. Looks like the game Final Fantasy should be making.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
The 3DS really seems to be hitting its stride. I may have to end up getting one yet. RE-meets-Prime sounds awesome sauce.

[I'm trying to think up a few U games. Ninja Gaiden III is set for a March launch on PS3 and 360, so I guess it's safe to say that it'll be a launch game for the U. Ghost Recon should be a safe bet. Dunno about what else Ubi has up its sleeve (Killer Freaks is a launch possibility, but that didn't really light me up).

And then there's what Nintendo plans on...]

A

Anonymous

So what games? For me personally is The Last of Us! Cannot wait for it! I have made this video with some of the future releases ( 20+ games) .

A

Anonymous

Well if we are just talking about physical retail, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Kid Icuris, and MH3G if it makes it over.

admin

Administrator
Hi Prime! Nice to see you made the transfer from chat to the forums. Btw, I forgot to ask you if you like RPGs in general.

"admin" wrote:
Hi Prime! Nice to see you made the transfer from chat to the forums. Btw, I forgot to ask you if you like RPGs in general.
Of course I like RPGs... Xenoblade is a first day buy for me

As for my "first new thread" I will be reviewing Skyward Sword... maybe tomorrow or next week.

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
Personally, I'm psyched mostly for Paper Mario 3DS and the possibility of Monster Hunter 3G. I loved my time with Tri, but I always had limited time to play it, and restrictions as to when I was able to play online. The possibility of playing it wherever and whenever makes me lust after the title more than anything =|

Annnd I am also thoroughly excited for Luigi's Mansion and Bit.Trip Saga (UK)

Kid Icarus really hasn't sparked my interest yet..I don't reckon it's gonna be for me.

Ex-Actarus

I'm really looking forward to several 3DS games : Metal Gear Snake Earter 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Bravely Default, Paper Mario, etc...

I'm also expcting Ninja Gaiden 3, and I would like to have it on Wii U. I hope I will be patient enough

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
"Ex-Actarus" wrote: I'm really looking forward to several 3DS games : Metal Gear Snake Earter 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Bravely Default, Paper Mario, etc...
Those are probably my most anticipated on the 3DS. Kid Icarus less so than the others, just because I'm not really convinced by it yet. Paper Mario is definitely the one I'm most excited for. MGS 3D has me interested more than most games, but I'm not sure I'll get it (will have to see what others think of how it plays when it comes out).

Finally, of all titles that I'm interested in learning more about, Bravely Default is the most exciting to me. As far as WiiU goes, I think I'll just wait and see what they really have to offer!

Menashe

Bravely Default is definitely my most anticipated game. It looks really awesome.

Why does Kid Icarus do such a bad job at convincing all of us that it's a good game? Is it because something really is underwhelming about it or is it because the franchise is completely unproven for the last two decades and we need proof before we believe in it?

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
"Ex-Actarus" wrote: I'm really looking forward to several 3DS games : Metal Gear Snake Earter 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Bravely Default, Paper Mario, etc...

I'm also expcting Ninja Gaiden 3, and I would like to have it on Wii U. I hope I will be patient enough
How could I forget about Bravely Default :O I love the look of that game, I hope we'll get more details soon but it looks full of charm and character atm.

Is it definitely releasing this year? I didn't realise. I suspect the Western release might be a little later though?