what lets players do u watch in background?

AutisAwsome

AKA FloppyPony. I am on twitter and facebook to :3
Just a question to discuss. what let's player or gaming video do you guys like to listen to in the background when you are doing something else? o_OI like to listen to Vinesauce livestreams on youtube as he plays for hours and can be boring when u watch individually but when you hear him in background u can always pop in when he is doing something interesting. :phe also does silly voices all the time so you know what is going on in general without watching it. So what about u guys? o_O

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I don't watch Let's Plays either, but if I have something on in the background while I'm doing something, it's usually one of the podcasts I follow.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I've only watched some LP's, but mostly I do not engage. I have watched a few of LSB's vids in the past, and recently I did watch the channel, TheStrawHatNO, which featured a LP of Skies of Arcadia, which is of course my #1 GOAT.

If I do watch a LP, I have to have commentary, but then the commentary has to be good. Otherwise, I'd much rather play the game myself if I can. But if someone is talking through it, adding their own spin or humor to it, I like that, and for a lot of the vids, it makes me laugh quite a lot.

It's why I watched a series called Mesh Does... back in 2004 when the whole LP thing wasn't really a thing. Two blokes from Britain played scary video games, and the guy playing them would get so scared by it, while his friend watched him play right besides him. It was absolutely hilarious. Those guys are still around, but they more or less do their own LPs separately.

To answer your question directly though, I don't watch LPs in the background though. If I'm watching it, I'll watch it, much like I'll do for almost every video on YT I watch, unless I've watched it numerous times, which does happen. Normally, if I have some background stuff going on, I'll have the TV on with either some Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu. Lately, it's been Seinfeld in the background, which is perfectly fine for me. :mthumb:

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Most of the time, if I watch a game on YT, I watch a no-commentary video. I care more about the game itself than the actual LP'er (although there are some exceptions to that). The commentators I do watch usually have a voice that's great for radio and are 100% more honest in their reactions than most of the ones out there. Also they know about this thing called "editing" and don't need to have their face plastered on the screen cause they're afraid that people will forget whose playing.

praisegrima

AutisAwsome

wow well this topic bombed quick lol :oops: Well what do u watch or listen to in background while doing anything then? I personally watch loads of lets plays but I guess they are getting out of fashion now. makes me feel old oh dear :confused:

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Usually either audiobooks or podcasts if I want to have something going on in the background (although I'm usually pretty picky about podcasts). Sometimes I do listen to Gophersvids Minecraft streams because his voice is beautiful and is comforting to listen to while grinding.

praisegrima

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
wow well this topic bombed quick lol :oops: Well what do u watch or listen to in background while doing anything then? I personally watch loads of lets plays but I guess they are getting out of fashion now. makes me feel old oh dear :confused:
Oh no, it's we who are the crotchety old geezers. Seriously a whole bunch of people here are past their 30s, or getting there.

But to answer your question, mostly I listen to music in the background if I'm doing something else. Occasionally I'll watch some fighting game matches on the side, like Street Fighter V tournament footage. But I generally don't like having something that requires a lot of concentration in the background.

SkywardCrowbar

Twintelle's loyal Husbando
I really like RPGLoony, AltimaMantoid, TheRunawayGuys, and NintendoCapriSun. I don't watch them all the time, but they're fun from time to time.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Just a question to discuss. what let's player or gaming video do you guys like to listen to in the background when you are doing something else? o_OI like to listen to Vinesauce livestreams on youtube as he plays for hours and can be boring when u watch individually but when you hear him in background u can always pop in when he is doing something interesting. :phe also does silly voices all the time so you know what is going on in general without watching it. So what about u guys? o_O
Are you an autism joke?

AutisAwsome

Oh no, it's we who are the crotchety old geezers. Seriously a whole bunch of people here are past their 30s, or getting there.

But to answer your question, mostly I listen to music in the background if I'm doing something else. Occasionally I'll watch some fighting game matches on the side, like Street Fighter V tournament footage. But I generally don't like having something that requires a lot of concentration in the background.
yeah it does depend on what you are doing. I wont have anything in the background when writing my fanfics as requires concentration but I do it all the time when doing repetitive tasks like sorting my laptop files or something

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
I only check out videos of video games when I want information about a secret or strategy. I used to watch a lot of Starcraft e-sports matches for a mix of learning and entertainment.

I will only listen to music in the background. Occassionally podcasts if I'm doing something menial like cooking.

AutisAwsome

I only check out videos of video games when I want information about a secret or strategy. I used to watch a lot of Starcraft e-sports matches for a mix of learning and entertainment.

I will only listen to music in the background. Occassionally podcasts if I'm doing something menial like cooking.
My mum listens to podcasts all the time. she gets riled up about politics every single time and rages about it but she also gets all excited when it says something is happening. err mum I don't think u understand how a podcast works lol :D

SkywardCrowbar

Twintelle's loyal Husbando
I listen to "podcasts" of radio shows sometimes too. About as often as I watch LP's.

In general, I really like watching people play DOOM. To me it's the most let's playabale game because it's fun to watch (pretty in an old school way) and there's so many secrets to reveal to the viewer.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Why would u like to listen to a lecture? Are u trying to learn something? Surely it would difficult to concentrate like that
I'm not trying to learn something. I'm trying to learn all things! I find it only takes concentration if you are trying to master some concept. But I'm not interested in mastering everything, just gaining a reasonably decent understanding.

I imagine it's like throwing a bucket of cow shit at the wall. At some point, something will stick.
:mad:

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
Runaway guys typically I have running in a tiny window while doing certain things on the computer.

I'm honestly surprised by the large amounts of no's though.