What Other Styles Could the Next Zelda Go With?

admin

Administrator
I'm trying to think of what other art styles Zelda could work with.

Realism?

Surrealism?

Fauvism?

Expressionism?

Pointillism?

Post Impressionism?

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.

Early/Proto-Cubism
[That's a Cezanne, which would be an intriguing place to start, as he sort of straddled the lines for impressionism, post-impressionism, and then cubism...and then you could go absolutely MAD with the more garish aspects of later cubism for monsters.]

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
I couldn't find any suitable pictures to illustrate, but I think I'd like to see a realistic Zelda, but with bright, yet not too saturated, colour palette. Real life shading models, and realistic (though impossible) looking items and locations. I also wouldn't be too upset if the hylians looked a little more human and a little less goofy

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
OK, I've found what I want, I think. It just occurred to me, and I would love it. I don't care if everyone else in the world would hate it, I wants it!

Zelda in the style of...

MARIO!

That would be amazing!

admin

Administrator
I suggested a few days ago that the Zelda and Mario teams take a break from their respective franchises and switch places for one game. I'd love to see what creativity the Galaxy team would come up with for Zelda and if Aonuma would give more of an adventure feel to Mario.

Tough one for me to answer.
But I would say, a Zelda game that looks like a glossy cg intro.
Check the Smash Melee intro as a good example.

Last edited: