Which game is Tantalus Media porting? DISCUSS!

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Ok, so in this we are trying to figure out the Tantalus Media game. Here are the links that they are brought up in:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/tantalus_media_seeking_staff_with_wii_u_experience_for_new_triple_a_title

http://www.nintendonews.com/2014/01/tantalus-medias-new-wii-u-title-is-a-port-from-top-notch-publisher/

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/07/tantalus-medias-triple-a-title-will-be-a-port-for-wii-u-says-company-director/

So we know it's next gen, it's triple A, and it's a port for an "absolutely top notch publisher". Also, it is not rated M.

Just a few publishers off of the top of my head (I will work more on this when I get home). Mojang, EA, Square Enix, and Activision. They all have non rated M franchises. Activision with Skylanders, Mojang with Minecraft, EA with PvZ Garden Warfare, NFS Rivals, Mirror's Edge, and Square Enix with Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3.

They have previously worked with Square Enix on the Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and EA with Mass Effect 3.

Personally, I truly hope it's Kingdom Hearts 3. But, let's try to guess what it really is.

Is Destiny Rated M? Could be that. Kingdom Hearts 3 makes sense too, in fact that game should have already been announced for Wii U.

Goodtwin

I dont know, Tantalus and Straight Right are basically the same developer, so this would be their third Wii U game. They should have a pretty good grasp on how to move a game onto Wii U at this point. Both Mass Effect 3 and Dues Ex were exceptional ports to Wii U. Whatever it is, I will be inclined to pick it up because these guys do good work.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Since they last worked with Square Enix for Deus Ex, I'm going to guess this time it's either Tomb Raider (since there's that definitive edition or whatever coming to XBone and PS4) or Sleeping Dogs (since there is a sequel being made, so it would make sense to get some profile by having the first one ported to Wii U). If I had to go with one, I'd bet on Tomb Raider.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
It's said to not be an M rated game, so Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Destiny, etc are all out for the count. I suspect it's another Square-Enix game, and either Kingdom Hearts 3, OR Final Fantasy XV.

Why are people saying FF XV and KH III? Those games are no where near finished, porting starts when a game is done and not in early development. The only two things that would make sense to me would be KH 1.5 HD remix and Minecraft.

Shoulder

Why are people saying FF XV and KH III? Those games are no where near finished, porting starts when a game is done and not in early development. The only two things that would make sense to me would be KH 1.5 HD remix and Minecraft.

Bayonetta on PS3 was handled by a different developer, and not Platinum, and yet it relased the same time as the 360 version. Sure, the PS3 version was worse, but just because a game hasn't been released yet, doesn't mean an external team cannot port it in time to launch on other platforms. It could be a different game though, but porting doesn't necessarily always start after the game is finished.

Goodtwin

Gawd I would hope its not Tomb Raider. That would make it a super late port with no chance of doing well at all. I am guessing it will be a game that will have been previously released already, but a game that is over a year old stands no chance of doing well unless its price for the bargain bin.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Gawd I would hope its not Tomb Raider. That would make it a super late port with no chance of doing well at all. I am guessing it will be a game that will have been previously released already, but a game that is over a year old stands no chance of doing well unless its price for the bargain bin.
Par for the course for these guys, though. Hell, that seems to be EA's and Square Enix's mentality when giving them ports: "yeah, we need you to go ahead and bring this old-ass game to Wii U. What's that, you don't think it will sell? Don't worry about it."

Bayonetta on PS3 was handled by a different developer, and not Platinum, and yet it relased the same time as the 360 version. Sure, the PS3 version was worse, but just because a game hasn't been released yet, doesn't mean an external team cannot port it in time to launch on other platforms. It could be a different game though, but porting doesn't necessarily always start after the game is finished.
I still think that it's a game that has either been released or will be released very soon, because they said it would be more like a "rework" than a port.

Par for the course for these guys, though. Hell, that seems to be EA's and Square Enix's mentality when giving them ports: "yeah, we need you to go ahead and bring this old-ass game to Wii U. What's that, you don't think it will sell? Don't worry about it."
"they won't buy it, then we'll have an easy excuse as to not continue future support seeing as they don't want our games" "It's THIER FAULT! Not ours, we did our best"… yada, yada, yada...

Shoulder

I still think that it's a game that has either been released or will be released very soon, because they said it would be more like a "rework" than a port.

Good point, I missed that. So it's a rework of a previous game, it's not rated M, and it's from a top notch publisher. To some, this "top notch" stuff is simply hinting that it's Notch, which means it's Minecraft, which would fit with the rumors that first came around here on TNE several weeks back. Although, is Mojang considered a top notch publisher though? It could simply be PR talk for a large AAA publisher, which Mojang is not, but who knows.

GaemzDood

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut came out on the PS3, 360, & PC in addition to the Wii U on the same date. The Wii U version also happens to be the best one.

Perming my weave on Tapatalk.