Which Games Are You Planning On Purchasing Or Do You Already Have?

So it's official. I'm getting my Wii U this week likely on the 17th along with 4 games (Will be taking advantage of the Target deal as well). I'm planning on purchasing the Wii U Deluxe model along with Need For Speed: Most Wanted, but I'm not sure what I want to get for the other 3 games because they're all such excellent choices. That's where you guys come in (I want to purchase what the community will have).

What games do you guys already have and are planning on purchasing?

NSMBU, Nintendo Land, ZombiU, maybe NG3RE. NG3 fits what I like to play best, but it seems to be a sufficiently good game, not a proficiently good one. It's hard to prioritize it with the games coming to the 360 and 3DS. The 3DS is killing it this year so far.

Cubits

I'm a big fan of ZombiU, and it DID win our highly-competitive, coveted, and first WiiU GOTY (you always remember your first). Survivor mode is properly intense at times, and hunting down the corpses of online friends for teh lootz never gets old. :p

NSMBU wasn't on my radar at launch. I was burnt out on 2D Mario, but i recently picked it up and started having a lot of fun. The challenge modes are great when you're playing competitively with a friend, and the multiplayer is pretty damned good. As a solo experience it's fairly comparable to other recent efforts, so that is entirely down to how ready you are to go back to the series.

I'd say wait a couple of days for Monster Hunter. If you're a fan, it's going to be epic online fun with all of us. If you're not a fan, well there's nothing i can do for you. Maybe someone living closer can help you with some involuntary electro-shock therapy to bring you around. All i can do from here is hope you'll see the light.

Then there's the wildcard of Lego City...

Aki

I own the following games:- new super mario bros. u- darksiders II- assassin's creed III- mass effect 3- 007 legends- nintendoland- trine 2- black ops 2- sonic racing- nba 2k13- madden nfl 12- batman- fifa 12- zombi u- ninja gaiden 3
I'm purchasing the following next week:- need for speed- monster hunter - lego city

FriedShoes

MLG
I'm getting NFS, Monster Hunter and Lego City.
I suggest you grab ZombiU though, my favorite game ever. Least until the even more awesome sequel gets released.

I don't know if I'm going to get Need For Speed this month or next, it depends on if I can get it on sale and how much spending money I have left... I feel like I overspent this month already buying a lot of music mostly (Just a lot of stuff came out/comes out in march, and with artist I like I'm mostly buying overseas so it's expensive shipping on top), plus Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Spider-man (which was a bit of an impulse buy but I wanted it before, and skipped it on the HD twins because I planned to get it on the 3DS since I was playing that more at the time, still true I guess, but then that version got panned and everything fell out. Still it was $30 on Amazon, heck of a deal I think). So now I'm debating on getting Need For Speed and Luigi's Mansion next month, of course next month I already payed for Soul Hackers and Pandora's Tower... so I dunno... Maybe I'm just being stingy.. I may get one... it just depends.
[/firstworldproblems]

I have the following:

-Zombi U (8.3'd)
-New Super Mario Bros U
-Mighty Switch Force (7.0'd)
-Trine 2: Director's Cut
-Nano Assault Neo

ZombiU is one of the best games I've played last year. Don't let my score discourage you.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
I have...

[list type=decimal][*]Nintendo Land[*]sonic and racing allstars transformed[*]skylander giants[*]tekken tag tournament 2 wiiu editioncall of duty blackopsnew super mario bros u
I plan to get at some point.
Need for speed most wanted [/list type=decimal]This is mainly for games with confirmed release dates right now but there will be others for sure once they get a date.

I already have:[list type=decimal][*]Nintendo Land[*]NSMBU[*]Little Inferno[*]Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition[*]The Cave[*]Trine 2[*]Balloon FightF-ZeroI plan on buying:Mass Effect 3Bit.Trip Presents: Runner 2Pikmin 3The Wonderful 101New Super Luigi UAll of the Virtual Console Trial Campaign games until and including Super Metroid[/list type=decimal]I also want MH3U, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to buying and playing that beast.

solitanze

RoboPosterâ„¢
So far, I only have Nintendo Land and Just Dance 4 (an unwanted gift).
I plan on getting the following in 2013:
Mario 3D (providing it releases this year)Mario Kart U (providing it releases this year)
Bayonetta 2 (providing it releases this year)
Games like Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and Yoshi Yarn are also on my radar but I need to see more before I make a purchase decision on them.

GaemzDood

Vidya I own
- Assassin's Creed III

- Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition

- Call of Duty: Black Ops II

- The Cave

- Darksiders II

- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition

- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

- Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition

- Trine 2: Director's Cut

- ZombiU

Ones I'm getting.

- Assassin's Creed III: The Tyranny of King Washington

- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

- Bayonetta 2

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution

- Injustice: Gods Among Us

- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

- Need for Speed: Most Wanted

- Rayman Legends

- Resident Evil: Revelations
ly: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 24px;">- Sacrilegium
- Sniper Elite V2

- Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots

- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

- Watch_Dogs

Tally Up:Need For Speed Most Wanted U: 20Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: 12New Super Mario Bros. U: 9ZombiU: 9Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: 5Trine 2: 4Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition: 3Lego City Undercover: 3Mass Effect 3: 3Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge: 3Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: 3Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition: 3Assassin's Creed III: 2Darksiders II: 2Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Edition!: 2The Cave: 2007 Legends: 1Assassin's Creed III: The Tyranny of King Washington: 1Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag: 1Balloon Fight: 1Bit.Trip Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien: 1F-Zero: 1FIFA 12: 1Injustice: Gods Among Us: 1Little Inferno: 1Madden NFL 12: 1Nano Assault Neo: 1NBA 2K13: 1Nintendo Land: N/APikmin 3: 1Pokemon Rumble U: 1Resident Evil: RevelationsRayman Legends: 1Skylanders Giants: 1Sniper Elite V2: 1The Amazing Spider Man: 1The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct: 1The Wonderful 101: 1
MH3 and NFS Tallies were also taken from this thread.
Some games weren't accounted for because they don't have a release date announced.

[hr]After the tally and after reading all your responses, the four retail games I'm going to get are Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Already decided on though), ZombiU, Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition, and New Super Mario Bros U. Other games I'll probably get digitally.
Thanks guys!

Cripes I don't own a Wii U yet; but when I do, these are the games I'm getting:Games Currently Out (and Coming out):
  • Nintendoland
  • ZombiU
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
  • Monster Hunter 3 Unlimited
    Upcoming future titles (That's been announced)

• Pikmin 3Bayonetta 2Shin Megami Tensei X Fire EmblemMonolith Soft's XRayman LegendsWatch DogsLegend of Zelda: The Windwaker RemakeDeus Ex Human Revolution

mantisLJD

The Human Metroid
Retail (purchase order)
1. Assassin's Creed III
2. ZombiU
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
4. Injustice: Gods Among Us
5. Batman Arkham City Armored Edition
eShop (purchase order):
1. Super Metroid
2. Mega Man X
3. Ghosts 'n Goblins
4. Trine 2
5. Puddle

owned
  • all 30 cent deal games
  • Nano assault neo
  • smb2
  • AC3- sucked
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Might Switch Force HDNintendo LandFo sho buyingWWHDMonolith XRayman LegendsBayonetta 2ZeldaU
Damn I thought i had more. guess i just been buying 3ds and old wii games lately. yeah, not any wiiu games out now i am planning on buying, just gotta wait it out

2013 Game purchases

Very likely
-Rayman Legends
-Wonderful 101
-Zombi U
-Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
-Watch Dogs

Maybe
-Pikmin 3
-Mario 3D World
-Call of Duty Ghosts
-Sonic Lost Worlds
-Trine 2

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
*sighs*

Pretty much every major game coming out. I will be having a funeral service for my wallet after the New Year if anyone would like to attend.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
^ :)) better lock up your wallet before it runs away.
Time to update... I own...
[*]Nintendo Land[*]sonic and racing allstars transformed[*]skylander giantstekken tag tournament 2 wiiu editioncall of duty blackopsnew super mario bros ui, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 18px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252); list-style: decimal !important;">Darksiders 2[*]Batman Arkham city *still brand new in the shrink wrap*
Plan to get..... And assuming all these are coming out this year.

[list type=decimal][*]Pikmin 3[*]New super Luigi U[*]Wonderful 101Sonic Lost Worlds *after reviews first to be safe*Donkey Kong Tropical BreezeSuper Mario 3D LandLego City Undercover *Whenever I find a cheap copy*[/list type=decimal]

I Own (but haven't played enough for no good reason):
  • NSMBU[*]ZombiU[*]Assassin's Creed III[*]Trine 2[*]Nano Assault Neo
    I Will Buy:
    Pikmin 3
    Wind Waker
    Super Mario 3D World
    & likely more but those are the ones set in stone

Well let's see.I Have:
  • Need For Speed Most Wanted U (Really Enjoy)[*]Batman Arkham City (Enjoy)[*]Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed (Dislike/Planning On Selling)[*]Nintendo Land (Enjoy)[*]New Super Mario Bros U (Enjoy)[*]Super Metroid (Enjoy)[*]Yoshi (Meh)[*]Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Really Enjoy)
I Want For 2013:[list type=decimal][*]Pikmin 3 (High Priority)[*]Blacklist (Mid-Priority)W101 (High Priority)Arkham Origins (Mid-Priority)Sonic Lost Worlds (Mid-Priority)ACIV (Mid-Priority)Watch_Dogs (Mid-Priority)Deus Ex (Low-Priority)Wii Fit U (Mid-Priority)3D World (Low-Priority)DKCR:TF (Low-Priority
)WWHD (Low-Priority
)[/list type=decimal]

Arkham Origins has moved to low priority for me as it's just been said by GI to have no online. I can see it now, "We released a gimped version of our game on the Wii U and it didn't sell as well as the non-gimped versions!"

I love you Warner Bros., but no shit.

~Posting from Wii U

Aki

I'm going to keep it strictly Wii U
I Own
[list type=decimal][*]Super Mario U (favorite game)[*]Super Luigi U (have yet to play) [*]Resident Evil (really enjoyed, a pleasant surprise considering the past few iterations of the RE franchise)[*]EarthBound (currently playing and enjoying a lot)[*]MH3U (might get back into it)[*]Blops 2 (will sell eventually, however, I'm having a great time running with the crew)[*]Lego City (on the back burner)[*]NFS (on the back burner)[*]Zen Pinball 2 w/ Marvel & Star Wars Packs (love this game, fun to pick up and play for 30min spans or even hours)[*]Kirby's Dream Course*[*]Kirby's Dream Land 3*[*]Kirby Super Star*[*]Mega Man X*[*]Super Ghouls N Ghosts*[*]SMB 2*SMW (third favorite game on Wii U)Super Metroid (second favorite game on WIi U)Yoshi*
* Have yet to play the game

Games That I've Owned / Sold
AC III BatmanFIFA Darksiders 2 MaddenME 3NBANFSNinja GaidenNintendo Land Sonic RacingZombiU [/list type=decimal]
Verdana; font-size: small; ">
Games That I Plan on Purchasing
[list type=decimal][*]Mario Kart[*]Smash Bros.[*]Rayman[*]Wind Waker HD[*]Donkey KongSuper Mario 3D WorldPikmin 3SonicW101[/list type=decimal]

I'll be getting every Nintendo-published title released this year and 2014. Third party will depend on whether the version is up to scratch.

The Eshop will be taking a rolyal hammering from my wallet too, with CBK, Shovel Night and Scram Kitty as almost-definates, with Shadow of the Eternals, Cryamore, 1001 Spikes and 90s Arcade Racer all set firmly in my sights. I'm looking forward to seeing how Super Ubie Land, Liege, Armikrog, Ballpoint Universe and a whole load of others turn out too.

Support U, get my cash. Simples.

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
So far we have:Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (my reason for having the system now)Nintendo LandLego City Undercover (the wife's reason for having the system now)(also downloaded Super Metroid)I'm pleased as shit with what's going to be on offer through 2014 - it may not be a lot of software, but it's a top heavy line-up and more than enough to keep me busy. No idea what comes after that for the system, but I have to say it will have been worth it regardless. Here's what I am down for:

Fall

The Wonderful 101
(I have been won over recently on the grounds that it's not Pikmin but is in fact an action brawler first and foremost - one that does some neat things with the pad)

Deus Ex
(also a more recent conversion, and while I would love the variety this would add to the fall-winter holiday gaming lineup for me I don't really want to pay more than $30 for it and would either wait it out til 2014 or a PC release if necessary)

Winter Holidays

Super Mario 3D World
(Christmas day!)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
(ditto!)

Mario Kart 8
(Day one)

X
(Day one)

Bayonetta 2
(Day one)

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
(Day one)

At some point

I'm going to get a copy of New Super Mario Bros. U
at some point, I've just been waiting for the right time. It will happen out of the blue I am sure.

As always there's a bunch of maybes and no doubt some stuff I'm forgetting as well. But that's the line-up that's really got my attention.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Games I own[list type=decimal][*]Need For Speed Most Wanted U[*]Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed[*]Nintendo Land[*]New Super Mario Bros U[*]Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien[*]Nano Assault Neo[*]Toki Tori 2[*]Super Metroid [*]Yoshi[*]F-Zero[*]Kirby's Adventure[*]Punch-Out!![*]Trine 2: Director's CutGames I Plan on Purchasing[*]Super Mario 3D World[*]X[*]Mario Kart 8[*]The Wonderful 101[*]Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze[*]Lego City Undercover [*]Super Smash Bros. 4Pikmin 3Sonic Lost WorldZelda: Wind Waker HDShovel Night‎Scribblenauts UnlimitedRayman LegendsMight Switch Force HDJeopardy!Scribblenauts UnmaskedGame & WarioMario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter GamesNew Super Luigi UProject CARSArmilloPuddleCloudberry KingdomDuckTales: RemasteredMutant Mudds DeluxeOther eShop/VC Games[/list type=decimal]

mantisLJD

The Human Metroid
UPDATE:The Cave
The demo was sluggish and choppy. Assuming you have the final, is it better than the demo?
My brother beat the demo and said he did not have any frame rate issues and that so far he has not experienced any issues with the full version which may have something to do with how much console memory you have left :-?

Ex-Actarus

I was actually thinking about that the other day.The coming 3 month are probably going to be the most I've EVER spent for videogames.
- The Wii U- The Xbone- and at least
10 games ( W101, Ghosts, BF4, NB2K14, Madden 25, Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Watchsdogs, etc... ) !- and all the accessories.
DAMNED, it's going to hurt the wallet.
I hope, I'll make good commissions :)

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Here's my current Wii U list:Physical:ZombiUNeed for Speed: Most Wanted URayman LegendsBatman: Arkham OriginsDigital:Assassin's Creed 3Bit. Trip. Presents: Runner 2Toki Tori 2+Nano Assault NeoTrine 2: Director's CutThe Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HDDeus Ex: Human Revolution Director's CutResident Evil: RevelationsNintendoLand
Virtual Console:
F-ZeroBallon FightKirby's AdventurePunch-OutSuper Metroid

Some games I'm still planning on getting soon, or when they release:
The Wonderful 101Pikmin 3 ACIV: Black FlagSuper Mario 3D WorldSonic Lost WorldDonkey Kong Country: Tropical FreezeBayonetta 2XSuper Smash BrosMario Kart 8
Plus, there's an assortment of Indie games I'm planning on getting once they release, or soon thereafter, so I'll update as things happen.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I need to get your NNID if I haven't already

@imthesoldier

Or just send me a request on Miiverse.

Mattavelle is my NNID