Who Here Would Support a Super Mario Sunshine NX Remake?

So I was watching a Ratchet & Clank comparison video that reminded me of how good the new game looks, and I thought to myself: "somebody should do something like this with Super Mario Sunshine".

It would feature deferred rendering, CGI level animation and textures on everything, PBR shading, Enlighten's global illumination, image based lighting, high poly characters and environments, HDR lighting, tessellation for the light shafts/water/trees/character models, subsurface scattering, god rays, volumetric lighting, 16x anisotropic filtering, screen space independent reflections with consistency across everything and cube map reflections, superb temporal anti-aliasing, high resolution post effects (motion blur, post process eye adaptation, bokeh depth of field, lens flare, bloom, etc), volumetric fog and smoke, parallax occlusion mapping, HBAO, high draw distances, & soft shadows.

It would be a great showpiece, a great game, and it could fund other projects.

Last edited:

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
Though I liked and very much miss the open exploration worlds of mario sunshine. Not really It'd take a lot for me to rebuy it especially since i can freely play it whenever I want. I'd much rather have a new 3d mario game in the realm of 64/sunshine with open worlds. A remake would have to get rid of those annoying blue coins " I did not enjoy collecting them a second time in a new game file ", I'd much rather have full new levels in it, and also get rid of those platforming area's where you had to go back a second time for red coins, I'd have rather had an entire new world been there instead of doing basically the same shine twice to extend the worlds the game had.

Even still, I'd rather just have a new game instead even with all those changes. I actual seldom rebuy games I still own. Almost always I will only rebuy a game if i no longer have access to the original. But would still like to play it more than once in the future.

isturbo1984

Whoremonger & Cokefiend
I agree. It's a sad truth.
Yeah thats pretty much my stance with NX games for the most part. At least in that projected launch window. I want the Wii U to be supported. Not content being cut for the sake of just moving it onto the next machine. Not only do I want my money's worth with my Wii U, but I don't necessarily want some cross-gen port on my NX either.

on-topic:
Sunshine HD with some tweaks would be awesome. On that note, I wouldn't mind a New 3DS remake.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Yeah thats pretty much my stance with NX games for the most part. At least in that projected launch window. I want the Wii U to be supported. Not content being cut for the sake of just moving it onto the next machine. Not only do I want my money's worth with my Wii U, but I don't necessarily want some cross-gen port on my NX either.

on-topic:
Sunshine HD with some tweaks would be awesome. On that note, I wouldn't mind a New 3DS remake.
I think a remake designed around a handheld would be our best bet. The amount of effort needed for a remake would be better suited for a main home console 3D Mario

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

isturbo1984

Whoremonger & Cokefiend
I think a remake designed around a handheld would be our best bet. The amount of effort needed for a remake would be better suited for a main home console 3D Mario

Sent from my SM-G920V using genital warts
I might be bias, but I just love my 3DS. It's got great original titles, but I probably enjoyed the remakes on that system the most. It was insanely fun replaying Zelda and Star Fox in 3D. Would not mind Sunshine that way at all.

Also, I know you read my post on "fanboyism." dont let it alarm you. whenever it is present in any way shape or form, it just really gets to me and i feel the need to say something.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I might be bias, but I just love my 3DS. It's got great original titles, but I probably enjoyed the remakes on that system the most. It was insanely fun replaying Zelda and Star Fox in 3D. Would not mind Sunshine that way at all.

Also, I know you read my post on "fanboyism." dont let it alarm you. whenever it is present in any way shape or form, it just really gets to me and i feel the need to say something.
Hey, same, the 3DS is my favorite system this gen. Although I was thinking the remake would be for the next handheld, seeing as there may be performance issues with Sunshine on the 3DS

It's all good, man :p

No reason why it can't be on the Wii U. If Nintendo is going to support the NX the way they are the Wii U... I am better off just buying a craigslist NX bundle with all the fixins 5-6 years after release.
A Wii U game at 1080p with all of the features I listed doesn't seem feasible. Fast Racing NEO is one of the few Wii U games that actually uses things like deferred shading, PBR, god rays, HDR lighting with cinematic tonemapping, realistic materials, AO, soft shadows, atmospheric scattering and actual anisotropic filtering (at 60 frames no less), but it does so by processing render targets and effects as low as 640x720p (I'm also sure that there's no GI either, correct me if I'm wrong), a resolution that Rage on the PS3 scaled down to.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
It's something I've been wanting for a long time. Just fix the poison waterfall quest (just getting there was already an annoyance) and the put in a blue coin counter for every level with some extra worlds and challenges and I'm all good.

Add in a soundtrack CD and I'll buy it in a heartbeat.