Who's buying the 3DS XL?

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
I'm not really interested in spending the money myself. Two reasons: I don't have the money, and I'm happy with my current 3DS.
My 3DS also has sentimental value, I wouldn't want to replace it.

BUT these pictures do make it look VERY appealing.

What do you guys think??

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
It is pretty appealing but I

(a) don't have the money
(b) already have a 3DS
(c) am perfectly happy with my 3ds as it is

So not me, at least not in the near future.

"DarkDepths" wrote: It is pretty appealing but I

(a) don't have the money
(b) already have a 3DS
(c) am perfectly happy with my 3ds as it is

So not me, at least not in the near future.
This. I'll buy it if and when the price lowers. And plus, it doesn't have a second analog stick.

running_in_jam

"DuskyKrom" wrote: This. I'll buy it if and when the price lowers. And plus, it doesn't have a second analog stick.
I think I would've been slightly peeved if it DID have a second analog stick. The CPP is okay, but it sure is ugly. It would probably confuse devs a lot, because not everyone has a CPP, or a 3DS XL. A second circle pad would be quite redundant on the 3DS XL for quite some time I think.

Absolutely not. I wouldn't get it even if I had the money. I simply don't see the point in "upgrading" to it when I have a perfectly functional 3DS that is functionally the same.

running_in_jam

"Apocalypse" wrote: Absolutely not. I wouldn't get it even if I had the money. I simply don't see the point in "upgrading" to it when I have a perfectly functional 3DS that is functionally the same.

I'm on your side, Apocalypse. For me, it's just a big tease and I will envy owners of the XL. However I cannot justify spending such a significant amount of money when I won't really gain anything from it. I could spend my money on much better things than replacing a perfectly good piece of hardware just because it's slightly bigger.

Also, I thought this recent quote from Iwata was funny:

"What we wanted to do was have a bigger screen in comparison with the overall size of the system, so had various discussions and had to make trade-offs and this is the outcome.

Attaching a second analogue stick is possible but it would have made the system even bigger and, though it perhaps puts a burden on people that really want that second stick, it’s a call we had to make and these people will have to live with it

"

link

Ex-Actarus

Day 1 for me.

I can't care less about the abscence of the 2nd analogue stick.

I'm pretty sure that the 3DS XL will be a huge success as the DS lite was.

Beside releasing that system alongside New Super Mario Bros 2 ( clearly the future best selling game of the system ) is a clever move by big N.

This will drive the install base even further in Europe and US where the 3DS is not selling as well as in Japan.

- The system looks slick ( Not sure if i'll take Silver or Blue... )
- the top screen is Vita huge
- the battery life is longer than the original 3DS and the Vita

Day 1

running_in_jam

"Ex-Actarus" wrote: Day 1 for me.

Beside releasing that system alongside New Super Mario Bros 2 ( clearly the future best selling game of the system ) is a clever move by big N.

This will drive the install base even further in Europe and US where the 3DS is not selling as well as in Japan.

Day 1
Then Ex-Actarus, i will envy you
Out of curiosity is it replacing your current 3DS or will this be your first one?

Ex-Actarus

"running_in_jam" wrote:
"Ex-Actarus" wrote:
Day 1 for me.

Day 1
Then Ex-Actarus, i will envy you
Out of curiosity is it replacing your current 3DS or will this be your first one?
Kind of both

I gave mine that I bought at launch to my younger brother.

I haven't boight one since

So that one will be for me ( or my brother could decide to give me back mine and take that one
)

running_in_jam

"Ex-Actarus" wrote:

Kind of both

I gave mine that I bought at launch to my younger brother.

I haven't boight one since

So that one will be for me ( or my brother could decide to give me back mine and take that one
)
Aw, that's so generous of you Ex
lol! Well, when you get it you'll have to add us in our 3DS friend code thread! =D What games do you plan on picking up/already own?

I`ll buy it at launch for sure. I've been wanting to get a 3DS for some time now, specially to play Dream Drop Distance.
To speak the truth, It wasn't the larger screens that picked my interest, it was the extended battery life.

running_in_jam

"Rapha" wrote: I`ll buy it at launch for sure. I've been wanting to get a 3DS for some time now, specially to play Dream Drop Distance.
To speak the truth, It wasn't the larger screens that picked my interest, it was the extended battery life.
Great stuff Rapha, you will love it I'm sure! I haven't played DDD. I should download the demo. Is there anything else you intend on picking up?

In all honesty, it's only been on very rare occasions when my battery has given up on me. Maybe twice in the year I've had it. Frankly, when that happens I definitely feel like I should be doing something else and taking a break anyway

"running_in_jam" wrote:
"Rapha" wrote:
I`ll buy it at launch for sure. I've been wanting to get a 3DS for some time now, specially to play Dream Drop Distance.
Great stuff Rapha, you will love it I'm sure! I haven't played DDD. I should download the demo. Is there anything else you intend on picking up?

In all honesty, it's only been on very rare occasions when my battery has given up on me. Maybe twice in the year I've had it. Frankly, when that happens I definitely feel like I should be doing something else and taking a break anyway
I`ll also probably get the Adventure Time game, and Mario Kart.

Ex-Actarus

I postponed my purchase on the 3DS XL for 1 month.

I'm prepping my vacations and I have to many others things to buy more important.

I will just watch movie on my laptop I guess in the plane

running_in_jam

Fair game Ex, I hope you have a nice time! Let us know what you think when you pick it up.

From various impressions though, I think you will not be the least bit disappointed