Who's Getting Mario Kart 8? [Official Thread]

Who's Getting Mario Kart 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I have never really enjoyed balloon battle, it's all about the racing for me.

If I had to choose a balloon battle I like tho N64 is it for me.

I'm really wonder how I'll receive this Mario Kart game though.

All 2000+ hours aquired in MKWii was while doing 32 course versus races (occasionally switching up the modes) with my sister. I imagine that number will be significantly reduced now that she's in college (and soon myself).

Good thing we at least have some form of voice chat. All I need to do is get her a Wii U and we can see continue that.

At any rate, if MK7 is any indication, I should do fine on my own.

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
I like battle mode. N64 with block fort is my favorite. Gotta love turning into a bomb when you die. That was a great idea.

I wonder why they made the change. My first impression is that they were short on time. If that is the case, then what we got is better than nothing. If they were just cutting cost, that is kind of lame.

Either way, Nintendo would be dumb not to make DLC for this game.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
I'm really wonder how I'll receive this Mario Kart game though.

All 2000+ hours aquired in MKWii was while doing 32 course versus races (occasionally switching up the modes) with my sister. I imagine that number will be significantly reduced now that she's in college (and soon myself).

Good thing we at least have some form of voice chat. All I need to do is get her a Wii U and we can see continue that.

At any rate, if MK7 is any indication, I should do fine on my own.
What.... that poor game disc.. But holy.. I've only ever got close to 1000 hours in one game, borderlands 2 at probably like 800... but 2000!

Yes we wait until the arse whoppin delivered by yours truly. (I really hope I can back up all this smack talk)

I cancelled my pre-order I had since December for the standard edition and went for the Limited Edition for the Blue Shell statue. It's an extra £20 but.....dat blue shell....

I seriously can't wait for this game and to race with y'all. We can have tournaments, time trail fights, and dat banter. I seriously can't wait!

ZyroXZ2

So did that slow-mo part of the surprise Mario Kart 8 Direct give anyone else goosebumps when they realized how astonishingly well the animations are done!?

I mean, the animations happen so quick you don't really appreciate them, but then you see them in super slow-mo, and it's like "omfg, NINTENDO ARE TEH ANIMATION MASTERSSSS!!!" :eek:

So did that slow-mo part of the surprise Mario Kart 8 Direct give anyone else goosebumps when they realized how astonishingly well the animations are done!?

I mean, the animations happen so quick you don't really appreciate them, but then you see them in super slow-mo, and it's like "omfg, NINTENDO ARE TEH ANIMATION MASTERSSSS!!!" :eek:
The animations are really great. Wario has some funny animations. xD

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
Looking forward to this tournament stuff. Keeping regular/organised times will help a lot (I recall that we tried with MK7 but as it was all done manually it fizzled out a number of times).

Also Wario is going to catch a LOT of flies if he keeps his mouth open like that.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I cancelled my pre-order I had since December for the standard edition and went for the Limited Edition for the Blue Shell statue. It's an extra £20 but.....dat blue shell....
Absolutely jealous of your limited edition Blue Shell. Since we aren't getting that over here, I'm going the digital download route. Then my lazy ass won't have to get up and change discs whenever I'm in the mood for 20-3o minutes of karting.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
What do you guys think of the bare bones gamepad implementation?

I never expected the gamepad to play a huge role in such an established franchise, but I thought some asymmetrical multiplayer modes had a lot of potential.
I honestly don't care too much. Mario Kart isn't the kind of game that I think would benefit much from the Gamepad and, well, my excitement for the game kind of makes it hard for that to be a blow for me

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

The gamepad's used for the important stuff. @nerdman

Its a great motion controller actually. Way better than the Wii Mote IMO.

Only other thing I'd want is two screen splitscreen, but they're having it go full splitscreen mirror instead here. ( Ill wait for sonic boom to play it like that XD)

^ I can't wait for Fast Racing Neo.

(inb4 Shin'en actually adds fully-featured voice chat in-game, at all times, with awesome online features, in their 60fps split screen no-screen-tearing 1080p 12-online-player game.)
What's going to suck is that such a game should be outselling MK8.

Why doesn't Shinen ever put their content on store shelves? Guess that's a question that could be answered during an interview.

terribledeli

isn't using that sucky pickaxe
what does Dell have to offer me that's worth 25 bucks?
That's what kills the deal for me. I'd be saving the $25 for another pre-order deal that may or may not come. Assuming of course, I even remember that I still have it for said pre-order.

I think I'll stick with the $10 pre-paid Master Card through Best Buy and just dump it into my eShop wallet.

That's what kills the deal for me. I'd be saving the $25 for another pre-order deal that may or may not come. Assuming of course, I even remember that I still have it for said pre-order.

I think I'll stick with the $10 pre-paid Master Card through Best Buy and just dump it into my eShop wallet.
Is that a thing? I might go this route too.