Why You Should Play Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

jonathan-harrington submitted a new blog post

Why You Should Play Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag was possibly the best surprise in my gaming life since I downloaded this weird Ocarina of Time game people wouldn't stop talking about four years back. By this point, I have played Assassin's Creed 4 three times in a row. Even as I tried to go back and play some of my favorite games of all time, I couldn't get into them; at the moment, Assassin's Creed 4 has spoiled me against all other games. It's truly rare that I love a game as much...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

I loved how it started and was enjoying it until I had to follow some guards unnoticed...which was the one thing I hate about AC3...so..after failing a few times I never played it again :/

Cubits

Ok game, but it doesn't do anything remotely interesting with the hardware. You are best served playing this on other systems.

Games like Deus Ex are much more worthy of spotlighting on NE, as it actually has very interesting exclusive features which most people are still unaware of (like leaving audio logs for friends).

ZombiU also needs to be shown some more love. Not only does it still hold up as an interesting romp, that it's now bargain-bin priced also means the "slightness" of the game can easily be overlooked.

So why AC4? Even NFS Most Wanted was ported with love, specifically for the WiiU, as the last product by the original Criterion. It is great fun, and best played on Wii U.

I don't know about playing it 3 times, but I agree that it's a very good game (well, at least so far). I just downloaded it yesterday, benefiting from the european sale (only 15 euros / 10 pounds), and already put 15 hours into it. I'm already thinking that it would have been worthy at full price, but with this discount it's certainly a must buy for people that like large adventures.

I had some frustrations, such as FRESNOKILA's - the game doesn't explain itself very well, so you have to go trial and error, but some time after that first stealth part there is a tutorial explaining stuff, just as assassination and hiding. It seems that people who already played previous AC games would be able to jump right in, though.