Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
Whilst I'm here, is anybody else experiencing an "issue" where every new page I visit on this forum, a box appears telling me a I have a message? Thing is I don't actually have any messages...but it appears every time, i've tried clicking on it to make it happy and it still reappears. I just press Esc to get rid of it, but I wasn't sure if this was unique to me? Or just something to remind me of my empty, empty inbox
 

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
"Chris007" wrote: Can the automatic "watch" threads be removed? I keep recieving emails about threads I haven't put as a "watched thread."
Go into the User Control Panel and then go to "Board Preferences." Go to "Edit Posting Details," and find the option "Notify my upon replies by default" and make sure it set to "no." I agree that having it set to "yes" by default is a bit annoying (if that is the case), so I'll go and check it out!

"running_in_jam" wrote:
Whilst I'm here, is anybody else experiencing an "issue" where every new page I visit on this forum, a box appears telling me a I have a message? Thing is I don't actually have any messages...but it appears every time, i've tried clicking on it to make it happy and it still reappears. I just press Esc to get rid of it, but I wasn't sure if this was unique to me? Or just something to remind me of my empty, empty inbox
Go into the User Control Panel and then go to "Board Preferences." Find the option "Pop up window on new private message:" and change it to "no." I noticed this bug awhile ago, and have been meaning to fix it, but I haven't quite gotten around to it yet!
 

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
So I just checked it out and this function is disabled, by default. Is there any chance you changed it while you were looking around?
 

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Moderator
"DarkDepths" wrote: So I just checked it out and this function is disabled, by default. Is there any chance you changed it while you were looking around?
It happened to me too. I'm not sure if it was with this account when you gave me mod powers, or in the old account when Menashe brought it over here.
 

Menashe

Moderator
Moderator
Wow, so being a monkey is sort of like being a character in a video game. Or Spiderman. They basically can all do the same crazy flips and stuff.

Also, make sure to check out the beta-testing thread for my game.
 

Aki

Well-Known Member
Menashe, I don't know if you noticed, but every time you click on a different link in the user cp that window pops up. Other than that, I like the direction in which the site is headed. Good job. I'm glad to know that there is somewhere I can go to have a mature conversation amongst Nintendo fans. IGN is too PG-13 especially with the younger members and the weirdos.
 

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
"Menashe" wrote: Wow, so being a monkey is sort of like being a character in a video game. Or Spiderman. They basically can all do the same crazy flips and stuff.

Also, make sure to check out the beta-testing thread for my game.
I think that monkey's been playing too much Prince of Persia. I hope he doesn't forget he probably can't rewind time


And I am on my way there now
 

Menashe

Moderator
Moderator
"Aki64" wrote: Menashe, I don't know if you noticed, but every time you click on a different link in the user cp that window pops up. Other than that, I like the direction in which the site is headed. Good job. I'm glad to know that there is somewhere I can go to have a mature conversation amongst Nintendo fans. IGN is too PG-13 especially with the younger members and the weirdos.
Yeah, hopefully DD will fix that bug one day, but until then, you can manually shut it off in the preferences.
 

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Moderator
Well, I guess now we know why the ancients were so interested in creating constellations in the sky and the like. No youtube.
 

Menashe

Moderator
Moderator
You can still access the chat by going to nintendoenthusiast.chatango.com

Also, I bought a more powerful server, a private server, for $50 a month. So, within the next couple days we'll be making the move. If everything goes smooth, you shouldn't notice anything at all, except things should be quicker when we're done.
 
"Menashe" wrote: You can still access the chat by going to nintendoenthusiast.chatango.com

Also, I bought a more powerful server, a private server, for $50 a month. So, within the next couple days we'll be making the move. If everything goes smooth, you shouldn't notice anything at all, except things should be quicker when we're done.
Good to know. :3
 

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
"juegosmajicos" wrote: The chat isn't working so I'm taking refuge here.












This made me chuckle.

Also, it seems I turned up when everyone had gone/was leaving..feel free to come back *sniff*



And awesome stuff about that server Menashe - sounds exciting
 
"Menashe" wrote: Hey Chris, have you ever gone to one of those official Pokemon tournaments?
Not really. I can't find the time to make an actual competitive team with all the EV training and predicting an opponents next move. It gets complicated.
 
Wow, I think I visited the site in its early days, but it has grown so much since then! Over 300 likes on Facebook! That's huge!

Congrats, guys!


...remember me? I posted sometimes on the IGN Wii Lobby and before that, I posted on the WiiGB. As such, I ended up at Negative World like most of the people who posted there.

I don't have much to say except that I can't complain, I guess. I have been enjoying Nintendo gaming a lot, despite the relative drought.

And my podcast has gotten more exposure thanks mostly due to an appearance on Radio Free Nintendo and to a lesser extent Radio Trivia. I'm also going to be a guess on RFN's panel at PAX East.

...yep. Posting here just to shamelessly plug my stuff.

You thought I genuinely missed you guys? Ha! So naive. That's why I love you!
 

Menashe

Moderator
Moderator
Of course I remember you and I'm sure the editors all know you. Yeah, the site has definitely been growing. Feel free to plug your stuff. Quality is appreciated here. In fact, I'll have a listen right now.
 

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Moderator
Hey Pandareus, nice to see you around here. We have been growing quite a bit, hopefully we'll continue that. I never quite stuck to posting on Negative World, though I should try every once in a while, if only to get in speaking terms with the people there.
 

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Moderator
So.

At the very last second, literally as I was about to walk out of work yesterday at 5:05, my buddy/co-worker said he had an extra ticket to go see the New Multitudes concert in Alexandria (Jay Farrar, Will Johnson, Anders Parker, Jim James), with Bobby Bare, Jr. opening the show. Went in with pretty much no expectations and enjoyed it. The mix was off for New Multitudes early, but they leveled out after about 20 minutes (miraculously, the soundman discovered that there's a knob or two for midrange). Bobby Bare, Jr. is fantastic. Good show. But as I didn't get home until well after 1 am, I'm living on coffee. Has anyone ever had their carotid artery explode due to a caffeine overdose? Just asking.

"BobSilencieux" wrote: So, is there any way of changing the ppp here? 10 just isn't doing it for me...
Well, now we have you and Pan.
 

Menashe

Moderator
Moderator
"BobSilencieux" wrote: Hey Guillaume! (sp?)
Hey editors!
"BobSilencieux" wrote:So, is there any way of changing the ppp here? 10 just isn't doing it for me...
Sorry, I saw your post earlier, spoke to DD about it, and forgot to reply. DD said that there is a mod we can install that let's you change the posts per page. So, now it's just a matter of doing it. I'll try and find a time to fit it in somewhere.


"Pandareus" wrote:
Any of you guys are going to be at PAX East?
We usually put up a thread in the staff forum whenever a new game event comes around to see if any staff want to go. So far no one has gone to anything yet. If I was still living in North America I would probably try and go to almost all of them because I love those kinds of things. And I would want to make new connections and networks with people in the industry. But so far, the others don't seem as desperate to go. Maybe I can get someone to sponsor a flight from Israel to Los Angeles and pay for my entry ticket to E3. What? It would only be a total of 3000$ or something.
 
I was planning on going to E3 this year, but decided it against it. Think it would be too exhausting doing it alone. Planning on going to Eurogamer again this year though
 

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Moderator
"Menashe" wrote: But so far, the others don't seem as desperate to go.
Oh, I'd love to go to E3. I could probably even afford the plane tickets (even though I'm afraid of flying and have only taken baby steps by going around an airport pattern in a Cessna). But then there's hotel rooms, E3 pass fees, getting a rental car, buying food (with no one to split expenses with) and having absolutely no idea how to get around Los Angeles on my first time there.
 
"Mike D." wrote:
"Menashe" wrote:
But so far, the others don't seem as desperate to go.
Oh, I'd love to go to E3. I could probably even afford the plane tickets (even though I'm afraid of flying and have only taken baby steps by going around an airport pattern in a Cessna). But then there's hotel rooms, E3 pass fees, getting a rental car, buying food (with no one to split expenses with) and having absolutely no idea how to get around Los Angeles on my first time there.
If you're serious about coming here, you take responsibility for the hotel and flight and we'll split the food (I know some good eats near the convention center! Note: I can't guarantee you won't smell urine on the outside of the complex), And I'll take the honor of the rest (and maybe take you on a short tour of my hometown). PM me for details if you're really interested.

oh, and Hello TDM
 
"NintendoMan" wrote:
"Mike D." wrote:
"Menashe" wrote:
But so far, the others don't seem as desperate to go.
Oh, I'd love to go to E3. I could probably even afford the plane tickets (even though I'm afraid of flying and have only taken baby steps by going around an airport pattern in a Cessna). But then there's hotel rooms, E3 pass fees, getting a rental car, buying food (with no one to split expenses with) and having absolutely no idea how to get around Los Angeles on my first time there.
If you're serious about coming here, you take responsibility for the hotel and flight and we'll split the food (I know some good eats near the convention center! Note: I can't guarantee you won't smell urine on the outside of the complex), And I'll take the honor of the rest (and maybe take you on a short tour of my hometown). PM me for details if you're really interested.

oh, and Hello TDM
Just pictured this occuring, but you wearing a Ninja balaclava the entire time!
 
"Mike D." wrote:
"Menashe" wrote:
But so far, the others don't seem as desperate to go.
Oh, I'd love to go to E3. I could probably even afford the plane tickets (even though I'm afraid of flying and have only taken baby steps by going around an airport pattern in a Cessna). But then there's hotel rooms, E3 pass fees, getting a rental car, buying food (with no one to split expenses with) and having absolutely no idea how to get around Los Angeles on my first time there.
They were my thoughts entirely, luckily after working too much and having no life can afford planes and stuff, but the thought of walking around the LA convention centre on my todd and trying to play loads and write loads is rather daunting...
 
"sknygy" wrote:
They were my thoughts entirely, luckily after working too much and having no life can afford planes and stuff, but the thought of walking around the LA convention centre on my todd and trying to play loads and write loads is rather daunting...
Not really. Especially when you have help from a mysterious native person. And the booth babes help. Trust me.
 

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Moderator
The balaclava is probably only the first layer of cloth-enabled secrecy.

Also hi TDM, nice to see you here. I saw you popped in the chat at some point last night, it was pretty weird how no one was active at that point. Generally we have at least 2 or 3 people in conversation after midnight.
 

Menashe

Moderator
Moderator
"twisted_devil_mind" wrote: Well hello there.


Didn't see that coming.

Nice to see you TDM! One of my favorite IGN posters coming over, that's a nice surprise. Now you have to convince the hubby to so the same.
 

twisted_devil_mind

Game developer extraordinaire
I decided to check out your site. So I thought I'd say hello here. I haven't read that many articles yet. I read part of the Silent Hill Downpour review 'cause I am also playing through that game at the moment.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top