Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is interesting. Eurogamer named Super Mario 3D World its GOTY, and many of the comments are hilarious to say the least.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-30-eurogamers-game-of-the-year-2013
I never liked Eurogamer and GameSpot, so I don't care. However, I wonder why the people saying The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V are better are being downvoted. They're not wrong or anything.
GTA isnt a complete or full package so it shouldnt win shit. And TLOU's boring half the time unfortunately.
nope

GaemzDood

So this is interesting. Eurogamer named Super Mario 3D World its GOTY, and many of the comments are hilarious to say the least.
I never liked Eurogamer and GameSpot, so I don't care. However, I wonder why the people saying The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V are better are being downvoted. They're not wrong or anything.
GTA isnt a complete or full package so it shouldnt win shit. And TLOU's boring half the time unfortunately.
nope
I can't find this post so I can downvote it.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve. I will be following my "lots of drinking in a location that's close enough to my apartment to easily walk to while inebriated" rule.
Also, found an operational kiosk at GameStop today, and finally got a chance to play an XB One with the Forza demo. Can't judge the whole package, but that demo is a properly good sim, and damn that controller is fantastic for racers. If you're a petrolsexual, I highly recommend finding a way to play this demo. For once, the handling is bang-on right; the steering doesn't have a mushy, numb center that leads you into understeer and oversteer (and the vibration feedback is marvelous
). It's very much a sim, but it feels alive. Those triggers really are fantastic for controlling acceleration and braking. Plus, there's some help. You have some steering assist, some sort of brake smoothing, electronic stability control and damage...which means it can be a more friendly sim. The clerk at GS dared me to take the store challenge and drive the Audi with all of the help turned off. I did, and failed to beat their time, but I did get a feel for the car (without steering assist, you get more realistic wild oversteer). I reckon I could take 20 seconds off my lap and beat them. Will have to go back and give it a shot.

[One blemish I did notice - I spun out by a bridge, and there be some blurry texture work. The crowds are eh, too. Forza gets all the important things right, of course, but for all the talk of what would change this gen, it's funny of what rough spots will stay the same. However, they really did nail the sounds. I played around with the Ferrari and very nearly got a semi.]

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
how in the world is gta not a complete or full game? that's a dumb thing to say considering it has way more content than the vast majority of games ever made. probably more laer opinions on games he's never played. and tlou is never boring. i remember you saying it had a shitty open world once, even though there is no open world in that game. so you've probably never played tlou either.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Sup guys! I'm leaving soon for a partay but just wanted to wish you awesome TNE fellows a wonderful new year! Hopefully 2014 is good for more reasons than one :)

You too, Chris! Have a pint or two…or three for us! Because surely, @mattavelle1 won't be drinking for awhile. ;;)

how in the world is gta not a complete or full game? that's a dumb thing to say considering it has way more content than the vast majority of games ever made. probably more laer opinions on games he's never played. and tlou is never boring. i remember you saying it had a shitty open world once, even though there is no open world in that game. so you've probably never played tlou either.
False memories again?
Dont put words in my mouth mate.

TLOU's ruined if you dont like the story. Just how it is. Naughty Dogs great at facial animation, level design and its reuse? Not so much. Beyond a few moments here and there it wasnt very... interesting. The games better when you play it on harder difficulties and turn off the go here or go there signs but its not very satisfying to me. I like how the guns work, it fits the theme. But its a bit belabored with too many outlying issues that is off putting to me. I like things that are weighty with feeling.

And GTA's online is broken...

Look I appreciate you trying to check me by calling me out on my shit and all, but you can just ask :p
Chill.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
False memories again?
Dont put words in my mouth mate.

And GTA's online is broken...

Shoulder

So I 100%ed Metroid Other M, and I have to say it wasn't that bad of a game. In fact, it was quite entertaining from the Gameplay perspective. Although, usage of the d pad for movement would hurt my thumbs after awhile, and the 1st person views weren't the greatest, although it was relatively easy to switch back and forth.
In terms of storyline, which is the most controversial aspect of this considering Samus speaks and at times comes across as someone who doesn't feel that confident given the past entries in the series. Although, the whole Baby situation with that Metroid which saved her life obviously had an impact on her, and one that I think hit her harder than she had anticipated. In the end, I think it made Samus stronger as a person, and I think it shows in Metroid Fusion, which of course takes place after Other M.
Now on to other areas of Other M, I actually liked the 2.5D perspective, which reminded me of God Of War, although dodging was easier in that game compared to Metroid. I could see another Metroid entry in this type of gameplay perspective, but probably one on the 3DS. I've mentioned this before, and I suspect we might see the next Metroid from Retro using the DKC engine and in a 2D sidescroller, with morph ball segments acting like the barrel sequences in DKC.
Then again, another 1st person perspective would be welcome also, or even third person. Regardless, the game will almost likely be worth the wait.

GaemzDood

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/10/08/230428115/many-teens-admit-to-coercing-others-into-sex
If none of the teens said "ayoo bitch, lemme get in them guts", then they're not doing it right.

So I 100%ed Metroid Other M, and I have to say it wasn't that bad of a game. In fact, it was quite entertaining from the Gameplay perspective. Although, usage of the d pad for movement would hurt my thumbs after awhile, and the 1st person views weren't the greatest, although it was relatively easy to switch back and forth.
In terms of storyline, which is the most controversial aspect of this considering Samus speaks and at times comes across as someone who doesn't feel that confident given the past entries in the series. Although, the whole Baby situation with that Metroid which saved her life obviously had an impact on her, and one that I think hit her harder than she had anticipated. In the end, I think it made Samus stronger as a person, and I think it shows in Metroid Fusion, which of course takes place after Other M.
Now on to other areas of Other M, I actually liked the 2.5D perspective, which reminded me of God Of War, although dodging was easier in that game compared to Metroid. I could see another Metroid entry in this type of gameplay perspective, but probably one on the 3DS. I've mentioned this before, and I suspect we might see the next Metroid from Retro using the DKC engine and in a 2D sidescroller, with morph ball segments acting like the barrel sequences in DKC.
Then again, another 1st person perspective would be welcome also, or even third person. Regardless, the game will almost likely be worth the wait.
Glad you like it. One of the first things that we discussed here when this site started was how good Other M was ;)
Mike wrote perhaps the best article related to that game :)>-
Damn... I just got urges to play Other M on my Wii U! too bad you can't post screenshots...

Ok guys...
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF THE FANTASTIC TNE COMMUNITY!!!
<:p :O) :D/ :-bd
I wiil leave you with the most appropriate song for this occasion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLtshMhbZPo

:)>-

Im down for a Prime game on the 3DS being after fusion where they deal with Samus being an outlaw then a Fusion style metroid in vein of Super Metroid on the Telly with first person integration on the gamepad while playing in 3rd person

Shoulder

Im down for a Prime game on the 3DS being after fusion where they deal with Samus being an outlaw then a Fusion style metroid in vein of Super Metroid on the Telly with first person integration on the gamepad while playing in 3rd person

Personally, I think the franchise is long overdue for Samus becoming more of an outlaw type where she can use whatever weapon she wants, and no one can tell her otherwise until "authorized."
But in order for that to occur, she cannot take a contract with the Federation, Because I believe it's the Federation that authorizes what weapons and power ups she can use. If I recall correctly, every Metroid game in the series has Samus carrying out a job with the Federation, even though she now does freelancing. Surely, there are other groups or factions out there willing to contract Samus for a job. Although, I am not aware of Samus' moral standings among certain things.

On a side note, if there's one very particular thing I missed in Other M that was in the Prime trilogy was the exploration and using your scanning visor to examine the world around you. It made the locations you traveled in more varied and it allowed you to create a backstory for these areas and enemies. I want that again in the next installment, which could be tricky if it were a 2D sidescroller.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
This fucking dog ate my Gamepad cord AGAIN!!! She fixed it and this fucking dog ate it again.... I'm so through with fucking animals.... I should never have been ok with getting this damn dog.... I regret it now....
Her happiness has become my fucking nightmare.... Stupid dog....

GaemzDood

I'm gonna make it into the top posters section.

Since it's still December, I'm gonna make a couple of messed up jokes before January. STARTING NOW!

What do you call a woman who's pregnant with twins? Triple kill.

What did the public high school get instead of books? Magazines.

Status
Not open for further replies.