Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pre-ordered Deus Ex from Amazon UK for £24 I think, but I haven't played it yet. Gotta finish other games first.
I would quite like to play the first Deus Ex though...
Don't worry, bro. I bought Pikmin 3 and W101 2 months ago and neither have entered my Wii U for the same reason.
I'll hand in my serious hat to Matt and COV now.

My hopes for Smash Bros 4 WiiU: Villains and Vixens Edition.

Hades: Best Nintendo Villain

Ganondorf: He uses a trident so that should alter his moveset or they use Gerome from FE:A with his axe and put him in

Shulk/Riki-Xenoblade rep's with interesting style

Panne/Tiki/Sveta/Bayonetta: Someone who can transform into animals and fight

Wonder Red: He needs to be in regardless

Hooded Main Unit: Magic user with high mobility

Takamaru: Old NIntendo veteran

Issac/Felix: Golden Sun rep.

Aeron from Pandora's Tower: He uses chains and shiz. Simon Belmont has been kicked out

Jack Frost: Perfect for Smash Bros and Nintendo's close to Sega/ATLUS

Little Mac: He's practically confirmed

I really REALLY hope there isnt a rep from Namco. At all.

I dont like Pacman.

More villains from EarthBound
More Fire Emblem villains in the form of Assist Trophies
Alex Assist Trophy(Bad guy from Golden Sun)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I pre-ordered Deus Ex from Amazon UK for £24 I think, but I haven't played it yet. Gotta finish other games first.
I would quite like to play the first Deus Ex though...
Don't worry, bro. I bought Pikmin 3 and W101 2 months ago and neither have entered my Wii U for the same reason.
I'll hand in my serious hat to Matt and COV now.
For now you keep your serious helmet.....you promise to play them both soon tho or it will be revoked

[-(

GaemzDood

I finally have a complaint about Assassin's Creed IV, it's the health system. Normally, health regeneration makes things less tedious. In melee combat oriented games, that's the opposite. Retreating is a pain in the ass, and I love being able to just pause for a health vial in Assassin's Creed II while also having a bar of health to regenerate (similar to Far Cry 2 & 3, Medal of Honor: Airborne, and Reistance: Fall of Man & 3 (if you bought the cheat with in game points)); it kept me in the fight while also having a balance of health regeneration.

Get on my Tapatalk sig level bishes.

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
Weather channel says it's 12 degrees out. Feels like -11, because the wind is blowing constantly. The low for tonight is 6 (before wind chill).

I hate winter.
It got past 42 celsius at my house yesterday, which apparently in the american mumbo jumbo made up system is 108. Today it's meant to be worse :'(Man this summer... It's only just starting to get hot and already I've had to relocate two snakes from people's houses who I don't know. Yesterday I had to wrestle a 3-4 metre python out of an old woman's backyard hedges while she screeched at me about how her dog might have died. She was in hysterics hahaha. I got a snake out of my next door neighbour's yard last year because she came running over because I have a pet one and now somehow everyone comes and knocks on my door every time there's an unwanted animal >_< It's either that or let them kill the snakes. But yeah in the last few weeks its been two pythons, a lorikeet and an antechinus. How do these people find me? I should start charging them :>
This is what an antechinus is by the way, it's like a rat, but marsupial. http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/4141/PreviewComp/SuperStock_4141-34909.jpg

Wow NE getting publicity from Kamiya! That's really neat. Congrats Matt, doing the community proud :)

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
So what do you guys think of this article from July 2012? Personally, I think it's more relevant today than it was back when it was first published. I hadn't read this until today, and I thought it was a good read.

http://www.gengame.net/2012/07/wii-u-will-not-be-behind-next-generation/

So what do you guys think of this article from July 2012? Personally, I think it's more relevant today than it was back when it was first published. I hadn't read this until today, and I thought it was a good read.

I always thought the Wii U would be closer to the Xbone and PS4 than the Wii was to the PS360, looks like I was right. This BS about developers saying "O we cnt put r geam on teh wii u cuz it hasnt got enuf graphics" is so annoying because the power difference has been proved to not really be that big. *Sigh*
Night TNE :)>-

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@EthanGK

And I quote what he said to me about a 5th poster from Australia and I couldn't remember his name.

EthanGK said to me

"Don't worry about it. If he lives here he's probably already dead cause everything here can kill you."

Ethan if you haven't gotten a serious helmet yet here take 3 cause your the damn man

EthanGK

EthanGK's a regular Steve Irwin haha
Hahahah an unintentional Steve Irwin, why is this happening? I helped out my neighbour with a snake, then her back neighbour got one and came and grabbed me, now this summer it seems that people I've never seen before know where I live to come get me!
Since this CT has been sadly lacking in aussie bush stories in my absence, I might as well share heheh. I'm actually starting to look like a Steve Irwin kind of character, covered in bruises and cuts and such. I get really bored on holidays so I end up doing some dumb stuff. Just a week ago I took the boat out around the islands looking for new camping spots with a couple of friends. We stopped on an island and ate but unfortunately when we took the boat back out (the visibility was very poor and the tide had gone out so we got stuck really bad. One of them didn't know how to swim (from Libya) and so I wasn't gonna get him to get in the water and the other was my best mate who's a tough guy but absolutely (wisely) terrified of sealife. Every time he stepped in seaweed or a fish touched his foot he jumped straight back into the boat so mostly I was pulling this boat through water up to my neck at times. Would have been bad if I was Steve Irwin because there were loads of stingrays, jellyfish and big ol' fish sharing the water. I've gotta admit I was a little bit worried, it's a known bull shark area and it was night.
I would have just spent the night in the boat and waited for the tide but I had the other two to take care of, so I dragged the boat to shore in a mangal (mangrove forest) and we started a fire using the wood we could find, a bit of fuel to help it start and we had to use a flare because everything was wet and we had no other way xD We hung our clothes over the fire while they dried and took off when the tide came back in the next morning.
Gave them both a crash course in aussie life
:-S
They both loved it though at least heheheh

EthanGK

@EthanGK

And I quote what he said to me about a 5th poster from Australia and I couldn't remember his name.

EthanGK said to me

"Don't worry about it. If he lives here he's probably already dead cause everything here can kill you."

Ethan if you haven't gotten a serious helmet yet here take 3 cause your the damn man <):) <):) <):)
Hahahaha nice memory man! My own serious hat! I feel like I've been knighted

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru

I always thought the Wii U would be closer to the Xbone and PS4 than the Wii was to the PS360, looks like I was right. This BS about developers saying "O we cnt put r geam on teh wii u cuz it hasnt got enuf graphics" is so annoying because the power difference has been proved to not really be that big. *Sigh*
Night TNE :)>-
I do remember when i was back on ign I stated that sony and microsoft's systems would definitely be stronger, but not nearly as big as the gap of their previous systems ps2 -> ps3, xbox -> xbox 360 however. I know i mentioned they would probably be more modest on their hardware so their systems wouldn't be taking pretty big losses at launch but more moderate ones, and it's definitely looking like that turned out to be the case. Difference though in wiiu to ps4 and xboxone games are still going to be pretty dang impossible not to notice once all the systems are really pushed hard.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I'm about to meet this chick I'be been talking to on the internet... If you guys never see me again, I've probably been chopped up into little pieces and buried somewhere in Wisconsin. Wish your boy luck.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm about to meet this chick I'be been talking to on the internet... If you guys never see me again, I've probably been chopped up into little pieces and buried somewhere in Wisconsin. Wish your boy luck.
Good luck *prays for not a Fargo ending*

EthanGK

Wait! Don't do it, major! Don't do it!

Don't go before you write me into your will!

EthanGK

Well, it just hit 50 degrees celsius here.
That's over 120 fahrenschmoozles or whatever they're calledfrazzleheit? Ah, whatever it's all made up anyway.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Just be cautious if she says she really likes your eyes and won't stop stealing glances at them. They might end up in the freezer. It can happen, I've seen it on TV before.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Deus Ex is an amazing game o.o
Glad I waited to get it on Wii U, the gamepad is super super useful. I keep wishing they'd used the gyroscope for aiming though.
It's a pretty astonishing piece of software (and truly defies genre labels; it's a stealth/RPG/adventure/exploration/dialog jousting/shooter). The slight hitch and lope in the character movement never quite felt right to me, and some facial animations are ugly, but those are my only complaints. What a game.

Cyan

Just got a 2DS, and Zelda OoT 3d. Thought I'd be board with it, but I've apparently stayed up until 1:45am clearing the kid half of the game. It's still fun after all these years. :D

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
Man oh man I really wish the console versions of sonic and all stars racing transformed could run at 60fps. Cause it's a really nice game on pc if you're able to run steadily at that frame rate. It definitely would've given mario kart a run for it's money.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I slowly feel my Mario addiction kicking in. I'm almost to the end of world 2. And the game honestly starts out pretty slow, that being said I'm starting to feel it again as I get to the end of this world.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@Majorbuddah

Did you make it back in one piece? How did it go?

Also does anyone know if @juegosmajicos made it too 2014. Hid not hair has been heard or seen of him from me before the new year. Not gonna lie, I'm concerned. :-SS

Well, it just hit 50 degrees celsius here.
That's over 120 fahrenschmoozles or whatever they're calledfrazzleheit? Ah, whatever it's all made up anyway.
Fahrenheit really is the inferior measure of temperature, Celsius ftw!
And god damn LSB did we really need to see that @-)

EvilTw1n

Decided to start playing Super Metroid earlier. Yep, it's happening folks.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6Ab9idNqrI4/UbU1DaQ56WI/AAAAAAAAAe4/eIyZP1uaOiE/s1600/itshappeningreggie!!.gif

Make sure you map item select to your left lower trigger, and run to your right lower trigger. Plays like butter.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
@Majorbuddah

Also does anyone know if @juegosmajicos made it too 2014. Hid not hair has been heard or seen of him from me before the new year. Not gonna lie, I'm concerned. :-SS
me and juegos are dead bro.

Last night was alright. She was a little... Ah... Thicker... Than the girls I usually try to talk to but she was pretty funny so I went with it. She kept buying me drinks I didn't want though. She was obviously trying to get me drunk, but good luck lady I drink like it's my job.

She was trying to make out when we were parting but I just gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Woke up to 3 txt messages about how much fun she had, let's hang out again, yada yada. Lvl 5 clinger. Not sure if I'll see her again.

EvilTw1n

So here's something interesting, the big bang theory of consumerism (from a new book by Larry Downes and Paul Nunes).
http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2014/01/03/the-big-bang-theory-of-consumerism/

http://sullydish.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/sharkfin.jpg

They use Kinect as an example:

Kinect was an enormous hit, selling eight million units in just the first sixty days. According to Guinness World Records, that made Kinect the fastest-selling consumer electronic device in history. A little over a year after launch, twenty-four million Kinects had been sold, pushing sales of Xbox 360 consoles and games along with it. In 2010, Microsoft took the top spot in the fiercely competitive console market for the first time since Xbox 360’s launch in 2001. For Big Bang Disruptors, however, catastrophic success invariably leads to rapid market saturation — and with it decline and sunset. Within six months, the pace of Kinect sales dropped precipitously. Though stragglers continued to buy the product in peaks and valleys over the next year, the product had largely fulfilled its mission in its first ten months. For Microsoft — and other game developers — it was time for another innovation.
The Wii seemed to have a longer curve, but it pretty much hit the same problem, didn't it?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@Majorbuddah

me and juegos are dead bro.

Last night was alright. She was a little... Ah... Thicker... Than the girls I usually try to talk to but she was pretty funny so I went with it. She kept buying me drinks I didn't want though. She was obviously trying to get me drunk, but good luck lady I drink like it's my job.

She was trying to make out when we were parting but I just gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Woke up to 3 txt messages about how much fun she had, let's hang out again, yada yada. Lvl 5 clinger. Not sure if I'll see her again.
I've always like girls alittle thick, not a lot but a body that looks like it can handle plenty of D and not break.

I think your talking even thicker than this tho which yeah I'm with you ain't nothing happening. And lol at the level 5 clinger, not good, glad she didn't catch on and you ended up chopped up.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
^ oh yeah I like curves too. Boney chicks are no good. But this girl had some curves on her curves. She wasn't obese or anything, just kinda chubby. Like meg from family guy lol.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
So here's something interesting, the big bang theory of consumerism (from a new book by Larry Downes and Paul Nunes).
http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2014/01/03/the-big-bang-theory-of-consumerism/

http://sullydish.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/sharkfin.jpg

They use Kinect as an example:

Kinect was an enormous hit, selling eight million units in just the first sixty days. According to Guinness World Records, that made Kinect the fastest-selling consumer electronic device in history. A little over a year after launch, twenty-four million Kinects had been sold, pushing sales of Xbox 360 consoles and games along with it. In 2010, Microsoft took the top spot in the fiercely competitive console market for the first time since Xbox 360’s launch in 2001. For Big Bang Disruptors, however, catastrophic success invariably leads to rapid market saturation — and with it decline and sunset. Within six months, the pace of Kinect sales dropped precipitously. Though stragglers continued to buy the product in peaks and valleys over the next year, the product had largely fulfilled its mission in its first ten months. For Microsoft — and other game developers — it was time for another innovation.
The Wii seemed to have a longer curve, but it pretty much hit the same problem, didn't it?
I only read your excerpt, not the whole article, but I think the crash in sales for Kinect had more to do with a lack of compelling software than fickle consumerism. The idea is very cool, but there still isn't a single game I want to play on that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.