Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Y'all don't reckon Aki left when he and I got into that little back and forth here while back do ya?

I don't see him being the type too just leave over something like that.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I remember Aki being upset about people getting their panties in a twist when he would talk about PS4 and XBONE.... Perhaps that has something to do with it.... Like our views on next gen....
Either way, I hope he returns.... Aki is da man....
EDIT: Aki always had my back around here too.... He kind of understood me.... Makes me sad to think I won't being seeing him post around here anymore....

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Y'all don't reckon Aki left when he and I got into that little back and forth here while back do ya?

I don't even remember what that whole thing was about. Refresh my memory?

I remember... really? just because of that? Oh well. He also did say some controversial stuff (about gays) that some people got upset and it triggered a "banning" type discussion.
He could've left right there but because no one here thinks the PS4 is the greatest thing ever?
Weird...

here:
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/discussion/2/community-thread/p704Post: 21095

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Aki's last post didn't sound bitter to me at all....

amily: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: rgb(85, 85, 85); height: 4px; position: absolute; top: -4px; width: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 3px; right: -1px;">Aki64
  • PM
0px 0px 20px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(0, 51, 255); background-image: url(http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/themes/NintendoEnthusiast/design/images/link.png); background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;">December 2013 Quote+1 -1Post: 21518
I could've watched The Hobbit 2 for at least another hour or so after Smaug escaped. When I first saw it, I honestly didn't expect it to end there.Fl'yin' High Since '05

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
soooo... no one's pumped about that alien game? i thought that was sick
You know I am.... It does look sick as hell.... I'm glad they're trying to reinvent the horror movie feel from the first film by making it more like Outlast and Amnesia than Boarderlands.... Fear is one of the main factors of the Alien franchise.... Good to see they are trying to make it scary again....

God damn it LSB, stop making me want to buy W101. I want it enough already, but mah moniez are teh low sorta. I'll get W101 later this year I promise!
Oh and Pancakes win, simply because I can't remember the last time I had a waffle, though they are nice too when done right.

soooo... no one's pumped about that alien game? i thought that was sick
It looks awesome, and reminds me I should watch all the Alien movies especially since I have the Quadrilogy myself, I'll watch 'em some day.
And about Aki, I think he will return. He's a great guy really.

Well, time for some Wii U! Oh and nice Miiverse posts Cyan ;)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Before I get down on some W101 this morning I had a thought about the recent influx of new posters here on the forums.... I think somebody should write an article about it.... As far as I know this kind of influx to the boards is pretty unusual and kind of something to celebrate imo....
What better way to celebrate it than with a front page story explaining where most of these users are coming from, why they are here and maybe introduce some of them to the readers.... It seems like we should be celebrating the fact that we are finally receiving some much needed new users....
I'm sending out an invitation to you all.... Welcome to the boards everybody.... Come post in the CT.... Let's celebrate....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

I think this is a fantastic idea.........as long as I don't have to write it. I have written more in the past few weeks welcoming people than I have in awhile...........or should I

:-?

^Awesome
Hey guys, so I was deleteing some demos I'm done with and it said I only had 18GB of space left which I don't get, because I have a 32GB SD card in my Wii U. And since it's a 32GB Premuim Wii U thing I should have more than 18GB free right? 32 + 32 y'know? Halp.

Shoulder

here:
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/discussion/2/community-thread/p704Post: 21095
Oh, yes I remember now. I thought that was rather unlike Aki, but I probably don't know him as well as others here. But quite frankly, I thought he was totally wrong saying that GTAV should've been exclusive on PS4 for the 8th gen consoles. Not to mention his bit about how the PS4 could use the second screen via the PSVita, and saying a Wii U version would be gimped. Gimped in terms of what? Graphics? GTA has never been about the best graphics, but rather how large and filled the world is you roam around in. And technically speaking, the PC version of GTAIV was gimped because it was so poorly optimized, making the 360 version the definitive one in that regard. Even from a performance standpoint, a Wii U version of GTAV would sustain 30fps if done right, and much more so than the PS3 and 360 versions, which also had texture pop-in, even on the PS3 version.
His tone made it seem a Wii U version would be worse than the 360 and PS3 versions, despite more powerful hardware, and the second screen, which he was talking about with the PS4, and yet he failed to realize that to even use the second screen, you first need a PSVita, as opposed to the Wii U, which every console has the Gamepad.
I could understand what he was saying, but his mindsight was horribly biased, and not that fair-minded.
Anyway, onto other things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lkh0-jPfxs

That. looks. awesome! Seriously, it actually looks like a genuine scary sc-fi horror game, something which is quite rare these days. Speaking of which, I've never played System Shock 2. I know it's cheap on GOG.com, so maybe I should give it a shot one of these days. :-?

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
Hmmm I do wonder is wonderful101 out of print or what? Somewhat surprising that amazon hasn't had it in stock for a long time unless i missed it. It definitely had demand back when it was the #1 wiiu game on amazon briefly after it went to $30.

Sega said they had like 7 games coming to the WiiU, 6 to the PS4 and 4 to the Xbox

So that means WiiU is missing an exclusive and a few multiplats that are
on the other machines but teh PS4 is getting some stufff not on the
WiiU

Hey guys, so I was deleteing some demos I'm done with and it said I only had 18GB of space left which I don't get, because I have a 32GB SD card in my Wii U. And since it's a 32GB Premuim Wii U thing I should have more than 18GB free right? 32 + 32 y'know? Halp.
Halp me guise?

Shoulder

Halp me guise?

Unfortunately, and for reasons that make no sense, the SD card slot cannot be used as an external HDD. The best you can do is get yourself a SD card reader, plug it into your USB slot, and format it.
EDIT: Here's an Amazon link (For the UK of course)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sd+card+reader

Unfortunately, and for reasons that make no sense, the SD card slot cannot be used as an external HDD. The best you can do is get yourself a SD card reader, plug it into your USB slot, and format it.
EDIT: Here's an Amazon link (For the UK of course)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sd+card+reader
Huh, wow. Alrighty then. Cheers soldier, I guess I'll order the first one especially at the cheap price of £1.85! I didn't know these things existed, thanks man!
Goodnight y'all, enjoy the rest of your day :)>-

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
AC4 is really good though. been playing it all day. i'm liking pretty much everything about it right now.
Did you play the other 5 AC games Major? If so how does this one rank?
i played 1 and 2 extensively, played but didn't finish brotherhood and revelations (got bored quickly with both of them), and played about an hour or two of 3 before getting bored with that. this is the best one since 2 IMO. maybe even the best one period. the story telling is well done, the environments look fantastic (playing on ultra on PC), the gameplay is well polished, the naval battles kick ass... it's just all around a really good title. it does jungles and the whole tropical thing as well as farcry 3 which is amazing. the whole pirate theme is way more enjoyable than i thought it would be. there simply aren't any good pirate games (risen is meh, and monkey island doesn't count haha). it makes the story feel really unique and original.

i shouldn't have slept on this one for so long. after being unimpressed with the last 3 games in the series i had about given up for it, but this is a really fresh take on the franchise. i'd definitely recommend it.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Now Wonderful 101 is taking a turn in the Fantastic Voyage/Innerspace direction.... Pretty unexpected.... Very awesome....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_kLXAz1xzU
I can tell from Miiverse about where you are at. How long ago does it feel that you played the beginning of the game? Once I got to your part now I was like "My God this game just keeps going and it's getting strong and stronger as I move along! This is insanity!!!"

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I already got AC4 on my WiiU Major.

I'm just waiting to play it as I do singlet player games one at a time so I don't feel rushed. It's next on the list after 3D World.

Being a huge AC fan I rank them like this for myself. I've damn near 100% all of them. The story's were so compelling to me anyhow.

Revelations
AC2
AC1
BrotherHood

AC3 (which turned me off so bad I almost ditched the series).

But I took advantage of the 30 buck WiiU AC4 at Best Buy. I'm just waiting to beat Mario to start it next.

Speaking of single player games I don't know why I do this to myself. But I have Mario up now, AC4 next, and I bought Nano Assault and the Luigi DLC on NSMBU both today.

Ugh

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I already got AC4 on my WiiU Major.

I'm just waiting to play it as I do singlet player games one at a time so I don't feel rushed. It's next on the list after 3D World.

Being a huge AC fan I rank them like this for myself. I've damn near 100% all of them. The story's were so compelling to me anyhow.

Revelations
AC2
AC1
BrotherHood

AC3 (which turned me off so bad I almost ditched the series).

But I took advantage of the 30 buck WiiU AC4 at Best Buy. I'm just waiting to beat Mario to start it next.

Speaking of single player games I don't know why I do this to myself. But I have Mario up now, AC4 next, and I bought Nano Assault and the Luigi DLC on NSMBU both today.

Ugh
word, well if you love the series than this one wont let you down man. i haven't finished yet, but it'll probably end up being my favorite one.

Status
Not open for further replies.