Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menashe

"Apocalypse" wrote: So. Is the cat actually psychotic?

One of mine kind of creeps me out. He just sort of stares with this piercing gaze, not moving and seemingly not blinking for hours. As I look back at him I sometimes get the impression that he is sometimes slowly moving closer. At night, I often feel like I'm being watched-- if I bother to look around a while I usually notice him staring at me from the shadows or some crazy position like the post of my stairs. If I make any move to shoo him away he moves a few feet out of range and continues.

One night he somehow opened the door to my bedroom. I awoke to the feeling of something slowly crawling along my body. My instinctual response to this was apparently to instantly spring up and attack the perceived aggressor-- luckily (?) he was able to escape before I sleep-mauled him. I felt sick for a while afterwards.
Lol, that sounds like a horror movie. In fact it reminds me of Pet Semetary by Stephen King. Ever read it?

"Menashe" wrote:
Lol, that sounds like a horror movie. In fact it reminds me of Pet Semetary by Stephen King. Ever read it?
Yeah, it basically is like something out of a horror movie. No though, I've never seen Pet Cemetery. Something tells me I wouldn't like it very much given the apparent similarities. I don't need more fuel for the part of me that sort of believes that he is a possessed demon cat.

Menashe

"Apocalypse" wrote:
"Menashe" wrote:
Yeah, it basically is like something out of a horror movie. No though, I've never seen Pet Cemetery. Something tells me I wouldn't like it very much given the apparent similarities. I don't need more fuel for the part of me that sort of believes that he is a possessed demon cat.
The book/movie is about a family whose cat gets hit by a truck and they are devastated. So the father finds out about a ritual to perform when he buries the dead cat and it causes the cat to come back to life the next morning. Only, the cat isn't so normal anymore, and it creeps everyone out. At the end of the book, the family's little toddler gets hit by a truck and the father is so upset that he decides he's going to perform the same ritual when burying his son. He doesn't care if the resurrected kid will act a bit oddly. But, it turns out that the toddler turns into a murderous little devil who stabs his whole family to death, and the father, with his dying breaths, manages to kill the toddler so he won't continue killing people.

Yeah, it was pretty freaky. That's Stephen King for you. It's actually the only Stephen King book that I've finished from cover to cover. Others were creepy but I didn't get through till the end because they're usually really long.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Alright, so on the cat...he's not "psychotic," per se, he's just neurotic as all hell. His moms have left him, and he's inconsolable, as usual.

For the most part, he's left me be. I barely know he's there (although I do know, because I'm certainly not the one $#^++ing in the litter box), but he has holed himself up in the bedroom. It's the only bedroom in the house (it's a relatively small downtown apartment). If I get on the bed, he hisses at me. He tried to bite me once when I got off the bed (he hides underneath). It hasn't been too much of a problem, since being downtown has led me to do a little more social drinking, and I've been sleeping on the couch because stairs are a really bad idea when it's 2 a.m. and you've a Maker's Mark buzz. But anywho, the first few days, I at least saw him. Now I never even see him (he's always under the bed now) to try to make nice.

Anywho, I'mma leave this CT tonight with some class, gypsy-jazz style.

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
@Mike.D: This is amazing, but I'm sad that I will once again, spend an hour watching something on Youtube. At least it's not "Cute Owls" this time.

Also that guy has fingers of steel, this will be an hour well spent!!

EvilTw1n

^
I'm glad you like it! Angelo Debarre is the man (the accordian player is named Ludovic Beier, also lethal). Here's a slightly more turbo-charged waltz:

Whenever I want to feel humbled and/or bad about my own musicianship, I just listen to guys like that . I've grown to love gypsy jazz and musette over the years. But even amongst players of that caliber, it can end up sounding a bit like a track meet after awhile (and yeah, those fingers are a force of nature, but those guitars are usually only strung with .10's for the lead melody player, too). That's why, despite only being able to use two fingers to improvise with, Django will always be the master:

Alright, back to trying to figure out "Nuages." Darn jazz chords...

running_in_jam

Haha, yeah, don't tell me about feeling humbled!
I've really let my guitar playing go unfortunately. I use to practice on Dream Theater and Satriani stuff, however since about a year or so ago, I've been fascinated by country, folk, Jazz and funk. The guitar work is incredible, but I confess I'm well below standard on acoustic guitar. So whenever I see a country player doing some crazy fingerpicking as though it's as easy as eating his breakfast cereal, I just feel sad

The Hellecasters are the bomb, they're like a halfway point for me right now:

EvilTw1n

"running_in_jam" wrote: I use to practice on Dream Theater and Satriani stuff, however since about a year or so ago, I've been fascinated by country, folk, Jazz and funk.
Don't be modest, then! Your capabilities are far beyond my own. On a good day, I can keep up with the most rudimentary blues playing from a guy like Satriani, but nothing more. That said, I've always been more of a blues player. It's what I've always gravitated to as a guitar player (which is why it's so difficult to get down that gypsy rest stroke technique; btw, Jorgenson is one hell of a gypsy jazz player, to boot). However, my calluses pealed pretty badly this week, so my practice habits will have to adapt.

Updates on house sitting:

-The cat and I have made an uneasy alliance. It seems he now realizes I clean the litter box, get him water, feed him and give him treats. Actually slept in a bed last night, the one he had relentlessly hissed at me for trying to bunk on before. It was so nice (after sleeping on a small love seat for the past week) that I called out of work today and slept in. Almost feels like a vacation with the great weather, sun and different surroundings.

-I have entertained moving down here. It might be a bad idea to do so, as I have been out more drinking this week than I have since college. It's not that I even drink to excess; it's just so darn expensive.

-As I have one more week, and there's a PS3 in the house, I went out and bought a used copy of Bioshock today (the GS guy said I could bring it back if I'm unhappy with it; I'll bring it back because I don't own a PS3
). Haven't played it in a few years (after rushing through all of it before), and I wanted to play through a twin-stick shooter that was slow paced, just in case the Wii U versions of Aliens:CM and ZombiU don't offer IR support.

Woof
. Don't get me wrong, this is actually one of the best-feeling DA setups I've ever played through. But man...I'd be wasting the denizens of Rapture with much less drama with pointer controls. Lots of strafing and "fire when enemy crosses reticle" moves instead of actual aiming.

[Also, on a technical level, I think this game could have been done on the Wii. Easily. Lots of small, enclosed spaces. And the texture work in some places is downright un
impressive. But of course, it could probably only have been done as a ground-up game, not a port, which is why I'm sure it never happened. What a shame. This would be game-of-generation caliber if I liked twin sticks.]

running_in_jam

"Mike D." wrote:
"running_in_jam" wrote:
I use to practice on Dream Theater and Satriani stuff, however since about a year or so ago, I've been fascinated by country, folk, Jazz and funk.
Don't be modest, then! Your capabilities are far beyond my own. On a good day, I can keep up with the most rudimentary blues playing from a guy like Satriani, but nothing more. That said, I've always been more of a blues player. It's what I've always gravitated to as a guitar player (which is why it's so difficult to get down that gypsy rest stroke technique; btw, Jorgenson is one hell of a gypsy jazz player, to boot). However, my calluses pealed pretty badly this week, so my practice habits will have to adapt.
Haha, well my ability has gone vastly down hill, mostly due to lack of practise. I hit my peak when I got RSI anyway. However it's not-practising which has kept me out of shape, and it's been months since I properly practised.

Yeah! You're the kind of player I'm jealous of!
It's of course quite simple to jam with a blues pentatonic, but it's another thing to actually play like a blues musician. You only acquire the delicacy from absorbing and loving tonnes of blues and jazz. Which it sounds like you have! Damn, I MUST practise soon!

Regarding your cat situation:

My prediction for how your housesitting will come to a close^

running_in_jam

"Sir Mix-a-Lot" wrote: anyone home?
I AM.

Sorry SMaL (Awesome abbreviation!) I've been super busy with work recently. I'm nearing the end of this project so I'll be around more. (That's ignoring the additional work I have scheduled afterwards!)

What's going on with you, buddy?

It's all good. Everything is okay. Actually hoping to wrap up all the data collecting I've been doing from the Nintendo Channel this Monday. Also finishing up my first programming project - nothing special, it's Tic Tac Toe.

Menashe

OMG, I've been so busy I've completely neglected the forums. Well, I'll try and rectify that once I get the 100 N64 games article out of the way.

EvilTw1n

"running_in_jam" wrote: Haha, well my ability has gone vastly down hill, mostly due to lack of practise. I hit my peak when I got RSI anyway. However it's not-practising which has kept me out of shape, and it's been months since I properly practised.

Yeah! You're the kind of player I'm jealous of!
It's of course quite simple to jam with a blues pentatonic, but it's another thing to actually play like a blues musician. You only acquire the delicacy from absorbing and loving tonnes of blues and jazz. Which it sounds like you have! Damn, I MUST practise soon!

Heh, I don't know if I'd go that far, especially now (I try to be as "natural" as possible between sliding in and out of straight pentatonic into major/aeolian or dorian). A few days ago, I finally picked up an electric again, and after practicing intensively on an acoustic, I felt like I could do anything. Then I played again last night and felt hopelessly clumsy. Thems the breaks, I 'spose.

Oh, and if you haven't heard this guy, thank majico.

I'd love to hear more of your stuff some time. I loved that medley, and am in awe of the production (I'm just now trying to learn to really record; one laptop and a Blue Snowball is all I have).
"running_in_jam" wrote:
Regarding your cat situation:

My prediction for how your housesitting will come to a close^

Well we weren't that
close (
), but there was no further hissing involved.

running_in_jam

"Mike D." wrote: Heh, I don't know if I'd go that far, especially now (I try to be as "natural" as possible between sliding in and out of straight pentatonic into major/aeolian or dorian). A few days ago, I finally picked up an electric again, and after practicing intensively on an acoustic, I felt like I could do anything. Then I played again last night and felt hopelessly clumsy. Thems the breaks, I 'spose.

I'd love to hear more of your stuff some time. I loved that medley, and am in awe of the production (I'm just now trying to learn to really record; one laptop and a Blue Snowball is all I have).

Well we weren't that
close (
), but there was no further hissing involved.
Hah, that's always the way =P And thanks! Quite frankly I'm surprised I managed to do it in a week (and having an old project creep up on me at the same time didn't help!). Recording the Viola was the funnest part, although the Viola player didn't have enough time to nail it like she usually would. I'm currently working on a bunch of tracks for DarkDepths which should be done soon. I'll upload them to my Soundcloud at some point, but I consider them vastly superior to what's on there currently! If you're interested in guitar stuff, I made this little demo last summer. I recorded it line-in overnight then just left it for some reason
lol

I've never heard of a Snowball mic, so I looked it up
It actually looks pretty good. Condenser mics with polar pattern switches. Are you recording acoustic guitar? If you're unfamiliar with polar patterns, I would recommend the cardioid pattern for most applications. Omnidirectional can be good but it mostly depends on the acoustics of your room. In any case, you can do some impressive things with cheaper equipment, but it's all about how you use it
I'll look forward to hearing some of your recordings and your techniques!

Btw you should have done this with the cat:
http://foodonmydog.com/

Of course, that is a dog...but I'm sure the cat would have been very obedient if you placed some salami on it's face

Also, Gary Clark Jr. has been added to my Spotify...I love that the world still has music like this! Really great stuff!

EvilTw1n

^
You know me too well. Jesus Horatio Christ, she's amazing. I'll still take Annie Clark for her eccentricity, but my goodness is that woman incredible. There's some Seattle-y grunge in their overall sound. As someone who can't believe Soundgarden is now on classic rock radio (FFS, I'm old), this kinda brings me back while pushing forward. Fantastic find, man. Where'd you get tipped off about 'em?

@Prime: Welcome back, amigo!

@Jam: That's a great track. It kinda has an Allman Bros. vibe to it, but chime-ier. That's fantastic playing and phrasing. I'm so envious.

Lemme know when your newest stuff is up. I'd love to hear it (and take notes).

I bought the SnowBall after reading about Blue mics having a great reputation, and it seems to really be a measuring stick for USB mics. About a week after I bought it, I saw that one of the indie youtube bands I follow uses it pretty extensively:

(And there's no way that cat would've stood for food on his head...although he really did warm up to me after I started feeding him treats...)

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
"Mike D." wrote: ^
You know me too well. Jesus Horatio Christ, she's amazing. I'll still take Annie Clark for her eccentricity, but my goodness is that woman incredible. There's some Seattle-y grunge in their overall sound. As someone who can't believe Soundgarden is now on classic rock radio (FFS, I'm old), this kinda brings me back while pushing forward. Fantastic find, man. Where'd you get tipped off about 'em?
Purely by luck, I actually. There's this blog I followed heavily for a couple of weeks, put it on my speed dial, then forgot completely about it until recently. So I opened it again just to see what's up, and that video of "Chemicals" above was the first thing to pop in. Pretty great music blog in general, I've found awesome music through there before.

http://www.cafemaroon.com/

I think the Maroon Cafe is an actual cafe in some urban area or another, but I'm not sure.

Huh, it looks like the website changed its look in these past couple of days. It's more of a professional website now. It used to be that you could just listen to embedded music and videos right from the homepage, but I guess now you have to navigate a bit.

Menashe

Anyone watch Portlandia? I just tried out an episode and then found out about the whole Portlandia "thing" happening nowadays. Basically, I watched an episode and I was like, Ok I don't really get this humor so much. Sometimes it's funny but mostly it's super quirky. Reminded me a bit of Tim and Eric's Awesome show. Time to move on to something else. But then I decided to google "i don't get Portlandia" and I discovered what the show is all about. Basically, the show is making fun of a certain hipster mentality that is extremely prevalent in Portland. So, people who have ever encountered this kind of "stereotype" think the show is hilarious because it so perfectly makes fun of that mentality. I personally have never met that kind of person where I grew up so I wasn't familiar with it. But, once I understood what the show is trying to do and where the humour is coming from, I was able to appreciate it more. Still, the show has become part of the media's consciousness because people are starting to use Portlandia as an example in daily life. For example, if you come across a restaurant whose menu is super detailed about things most people don't care about, you would say, Wow, this is like a scene out of Portlandia. (They have a scene where a couple wants to get all the paperwork and details about the chicken they're about to eat and even travel to the farm it was raised in to check it out. The point is to make fun of how certain people care way too much about all the little details in the menu, like if the chicken was fed only organic grain or whatever.)

Here's a scene that is a typical Portlandia sketch where they take a concept in hipsterdom and go to the furthest extreme with it.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I thought I'd told you about this show, but I guess I forgot

I watched the first season in two sittings last December. I immediately "got it" because I'm reasonably familiar with hipsterdom. I love the one where the biker refuses to get off the fixie even when he's trying to enter his apartment, and his ear loop is tangled with the door chain lock. Also the craft lightbulbs.

My favorite late night show Conan has proof of Nintendo's CEO making a controversial decision:

Now, imagine if Reggie makes a fan correction...

Menashe

Prime, I should really get a list of your favorite TV shows because so far it seems we have pretty similar taste in shows and games.

Well, we both know we love Community. I follow Conan O'Brien in whatever show he's in but I don't think I watch a lot of TV shows.

When I was a kid, I used to watch Unsolved Mysteries especially if the episode was focusing on the paranormal:

*sigh* that song brings back so many memories.

Also on Fox I watched Sightings:

Recently I watched Ancient Aliens on the History Channel:

Those are the shows I'm into, kind of

Menashe

I was trying to find a list of popular modules to install onto the site's Apache server and I came across this "helpful" list. I found it pretty funny so I thought I'd share it:

I like to compile Apache from scratch, and I usually have a very small set of modules that I stick in there, and I KNOW that I am missing out. So I wanted to get other's opinions regarding what they felt were the "must have" modules to throw into their apache install.
--Ray

Edward Glowacki:
I swear by the following modules:

* EdRoot - A module that allows Ed root access to your box
* MustHave - A collection of things that you "must have" in your
apache install
* CoreEater - Eats core dumps, gives you web "content" out the other end
* CoreDumper - Takes your prized web content and dumps core
* BarbecueSauce - Tangy topping made of tomato paste, garlic powder,
"natural smoke flavor", etc.
* PDF - An adobe module that translates all your HTML into encrypted
PDF files. (Note, this module is also known as PBF, "Pfaff
Ben Frustrator".
) [1]
* SuperPDF - An Adobe module that takes all your HTML, renders it
internally like a web browser would, takes screenshots of the
resulting output (in .BMP format), and includes them in an
encrypted PDF file for download. (Also known as SuperPBF)
* ROT13 - Support for SuperPDF encryption.
* OfficeAssistant - A Microsoft module that provides the infamous
paperclip functionality to all your web pages.
* GeForce - A module sponsored jointly by Nvidia and Intel. It
requires that you have at least a 1.4Ghz P4 with a GeForce3
video card to render any HTML stored on the webserver. The
resulting output is displayed in 100fps scrolling 2D text.
(Note, this module is incompatable with the TeleType module,
which requires the end display device to be a teletype.)
* Babboon - A module that, well, makes your web pages come out
looking like they were written by a babboon (or many babboons
if you install the Babboon Bonus Pack too).
* 404NotFound - Replaces the standard error message with bright
flashing text insulting the user. It also sends taunting email,
increases the rates on their car insurance, and puts them on the
"very interested" list of the Jehova's Witnesses. They should
have known better than to provoke the web server like that by
asking for a web page that wasn't there.
* Popup - A great gag! It pops up *thousands* of windows on the
client end every time they load the page, and then again when
they follow any link on the page. Each window contains a small
advertisement, usually for things like tampons, anti-fungal
cream, or BowFlex machines, though you will get an occasional
good one like the complete TeleTubbies Video Collection or Make
Ca$h Fa$t.
* BlueWeasel - Codename for the upcoming release of a *really cool*
module. We don't know what it does yet, but it's going to be
*really cool*!
* BorkBorkBork - AKA "Chef". This module translates every web page
into text that appears to have been transcribed from the Sweedish
Chef (of Muppets fame).
* CRASH!!! - Another great gag module! Guaranteed to crash the
user's browser, or your money back! It's free software. (Get
it? "Or your money back", it's *free* software. It's a joke!>Hahaha!!!)
* Search - Most web sites provide a search feature. With this,
you can provide just such a feature. Any time a user visits
your site, you need only click a button to search for them.
Whether they live in Pakistan or Iowa, within seconds you'll
have sattelite photos of their house/apartment/compound or if
you prefer, detailed electronic maps showing their current
location, the amount of change in their pockets, and whether
or not they completed the crossword puzzle from the morning's
newspaper.
* LinuxDistro - Turn your website into your own Linux distribution!
This module comes with the latest kernel, GNU utilities, and
even Mozilla! Any time they load a page, they download the
resulting ISO image, which contains a short README to get them
started. Once they have Linux up and running on their machine,
they can run Mozilla, which will *automatically* bring them
back to your site to view the page they were trying to find!
* 300 - Turns their ISDN, T1, or cable modem connection into
a 300bps flashback connection! Giggle with delight at the
thought of the infinite hourglass on the users screen as they
wait for your image-heavy website to load at just under 40
character per second!
* UpsideDown - My personal favorite! This module rewrites your
HTML so your entire web page is upside down! Users are forced to
read standing on their head! This is from the same people that
brought you Backwards, which reverses all the text on your screen
so you have to read from right to left! Don't think you get off
easy if your language is already backwards, because the Backwards
module knows, and will reverse the page no matter *what* language
the text is written in!
* MicroFont - Hard-codes your web pages to use 3pt fonts for everything.
* MegaFont - Hard-codes your web pages to use 120pt fonts for everything.
* EmbeddedApache - This module runs Apache as a module inside Apache!
You can even run EmbeddedApache from *inside* EmbeddedApache, though
I don't know why anyone would want to do such a silly thing.

--
Edward Glowacki

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
"Mike D." wrote: I've been neglecting the forum in lieu of chat. My apologies, CT. You know I love ya.

It's been too long since I've tried to indoctrinate this thread with my taste in music. Here. Awesome playlist is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbUTsFVu ... sults_main

Roots Rock lives.
(And "Nashville" might be the saddest darn song I've ever heard.)
This is going to make waiting for co-op in Dark Souls more enjoyable.

EvilTw1n

^
Hope it did. Have you heard Of Monsters and Men, yet?

I dunno what it is about Nordic pop/rock, but I'm completely a sucker for them.

Only $6 for DL on Amazon. Highly recommended.
http://www.amazon.com/My-Head-Animal-Mo ... 228&sr=8-1

Unrelated note: holy hell, do I feel like there's a Frenchman in my head (Blackadder, anyone?). I went to a buddy's birthday party in DC this weekend, and I haven't drank like that in years. I broke the cardinal rule of hard liquor: stick with one color. I started with 4 margaritas (that were mostly tequila), switched over to bourbon (very good, very high proof), and then started in on gin and tonics (at which point I just stopped counting).
Related point: I'mma get some vitamin water and more Tylenol, and go to bed. No article tomorrow due to thinking I'm still in my 20's.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
That's some crazy drinking there, I didn't even get that much in me now that I just visited Austin. Which by the way, sorry for being unavailable the whole weekend, I was in Austin and had nothing but ky phone to reach the outside world. Even now Im still using my phone on the way back, which is why I'm typing like i had all of ETs drinks just now. anyway, I'm almost back now, and ready to come back to work yard ok the site. Jesus, my phone really has got le pegged me down as a Mexican, telling me to work yard.

Menashe

Lol, yard work. That should be the new lingo. Juegos, I thought you were supposed to be doing the yard work on the site. What happened this past weekend?

And Evil, sounds like a real party. Too bad we can't all get together one day and have a stoned drunk site party. Maybe at E3 2013. Maybe. (How come I hate the thought of E3 these days? Too many let-downs?)

running_in_jam

Man I want a beer. OH WAIT I'M GOING ON AN ALL INCLUSIVE HOLIDAY WITH FREE BOOZEEEEEEEE.

Sounds like I might end up like Mike!

Welcome, Arch Enemy! (or TP?) Does your name refer to the band by any chance?

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Attention EvilTwin:

St Vincent
will be playing live in Philadelphia with David Byrne soon.

http://www.ilovestvincent.com/index.php/shows

September 27 is the date, apparently. I don't know how close Philadelphia is from you, but I believe that when Annie Clark is involved, distance is not of the essence.
I might get to see them in Austin.

EvilTw1n

"Menashe" wrote: And Evil, sounds like a real party. Too bad we can't all get together one day and have a stoned drunk site party. Maybe at E3 2013. Maybe. (How come I hate the thought of E3 these days? Too many let-downs?)Yeah, we were all a little too hyped for this past e3. Perhaps booze would've made it better.

"NintendoMan" wrote: Someone somewhere is saving these "revelations" for future blackmail purposes.As long as there are no incriminating photos out there...
"running_in_jam" wrote: Man I want a beer. OH WAIT I'M GOING ON AN ALL INCLUSIVE HOLIDAY WITH FREE BOOZEEEEEEEE.

Sounds like I might end up like Mike!

Welcome, Arch Enemy! (or TP?) Does your name refer to the band by any chance?
I've now got a reputation to uphold, I see.

And welcome aboard, tp.
"juegosmajicos" wrote:
Attention EvilTwin:

St Vincent

September 27 is the date, apparently. I don't know how close Philadelphia is from you, but I believe that when Annie Clark is involved, distance is not of the essence.
Hah, I closed my last blog post with St. Vincent/Byrne.

Distance is no issue with her involved, indeed. But finding people to go with is. Although she'll also be in Bethesda, which might actually be closer. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
"Mike D." wrote:
"juegosmajicos" wrote:Attention EvilTwin:

St Vincent

Hah, I closed my last blog post with St. Vincent/Byrne.

Distance is no issue with her involved, indeed. But finding people to go with is. Although she'll also be in Bethesda, which might actually be closer. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.
I just finished listening to the album (replaying a few songs, actually), and I can safely really recommend it. I imagine you'd heard the promo songs, "Who" and "Weekend in the Dust", and probably liked the first but not the latter. Well, "Weekend in the Dust" is definitely the worst song in the album, and "Who" isn't even like top 3, so it ended up being really damn good, in my opinion.

One thing I really like is that, while a huge chunk of growing musicians are really busy reliving the 80s, these guys are simply moving forward, like very few others are. So yeah, listen to it, it's out already and probably on YouTube.

EvilTw1n

^
Gah, I've neglected the CT for too long! I'm going to go download that now (this Amazon "one click buy" for an album thing is just disgusting for me; I can't control myself).

Also, watched ACL last night, and they had Coldplay's show from late last year on. I'm not even a Coldplay fan, but they were fantastic. And because the internet is awesome, you can watch the whole concert online.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I will watch that at some point Mike. Check this video though. I think it's the best implicit summary of what Bonnaroo is about. It's totally worth watching regardless of whether you ever plan on going to Bonnaroo.

Menashe

Just saw Dredd 3D. It was pretty cool. I wonder if I should go back and watch the 1995 version. Also, I'm hoping to see Looper some time over the next two weeks. In other news, My in-laws have come in to town. They are staying right next door to me. My wife and kids love it. I'm ok with it as long as I got some space while they're here.

Menashe

"NintendoMan" wrote: The original Dredd with Sly as the Judge was one of my favorites.
I remember it being big back in the day but when I checked it up it seems that it was totally panned and criticized by both critics and fans. Is it still worth it? Also, I'm glad that it seems more Dredd is on its way with at least one sequel planned and possibly a TV series. One of the few complaints I had about Dredd 3D was the fact that it all took place in one big building, giving it the feeling of a heist or the one-man vs terrorist group of the original Die Hard. That isn't bad but it sure seems like part of the appeal is the whole post-apocalyptic, surreal, sci-fi world that beckons to be explored more.

Status
Not open for further replies.