Not open for further replies.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
The last post is working for me, I don't know what you're talking about

In addition to what you said, I want

-Darker background
-Bigger icons
-The ability to add an icon by putting in the url
-Get rid of the border for the icon, AKA make the icons look like they do on IGN
-50 posts per page option
50 posts per page is what I see in threads already. The fact that I am now on the top of the next page, proves that point.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
if you post in a thread, and then you see there's a new reply, click on the thread title and it will take you to the most recent reply

also, my icon looks like shit with this white border

and what I meant was to say that the icons should be on a blank space, same as the background of where your name is and post count
Man I can't get it to work on mine. I have posted in this thread, and I clicked on the topic and it took me to the OP. Its odd cause I know your right on this cause it works like that for me on IGN even when I haven't posted in a thread, where I last read too is where it takes me. I will keep this on the list maybe someone else is having the same problem.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
You tease we with the carrot, I know you do but I keep running for it anyhow. That glorious icon!

Also I'm hoping there is an option for seeing who was the last person that replied to a thread. And if I'm missing these things and there already here please feel free to correct me and point me in the right direction.

You tease we with the carrot, I know you do but I keep running for it anyhow. That glorious icon!

Also I'm hoping there is an option for seeing who was the last person that replied to a thread. And if I'm missing these things and there already here please feel free to correct me and point me in the right direction.
Get off you phone kid and on to a laptop

The far right column 'Last Message' displays that.

EDIT: I don't know about on a phone. Can't you switch to the full site?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
matt turn your phone sideways
Ok I literally almost smacked myself in the for head like "WTF Matt you couldn't figure something that simple out".

So I backed out after reading your post Major, turned my phone sideways and it says on the far right and side "7 minutes ago" it gives me the time but not the person.

Thank you tho cause that should have been obvious.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
'Recent Posts' ftw.

In addition to what other have suggested, we need dat classic TNE Forum theme, darker background, red banner bits, etc.

Oh and what's with this gap between my last sentence and my signature?
Noted Chris thank you. And yes "newest post / recent post" is amazing and I like the way zenforo handles it more than the way Vanilla did.

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
Ok SOOOOOOOOOOO, I went thru all the threads again and have no new post so Im glad I can start using the "new post" option properly, tho I had to wake up at 5 in the morning to do this cause it took so long. Didn't wanna disrupt that family time so sacrifice sleep.

Anyhow so Im going around noticing things about this forum that we didn't but should have from the other one. Ima make a quick check list and see if y'all agree (or options I really liked) and then Ill take a list to the back side so no stone goes unturned.

Ok so
More Smileys (lol I can't help it Vanilla spoiled me with such awesome ones)

I Like having the option to see who's online ---------> over there not at the bottom of the page on a whole other page.

When I click on a thread even tho I have read it, its still not taking me to the last read message. This is a huge function

Dislike button to come back, giving the community every tool they need to be heard, and or protect there community.

Chat on the forum side

These are just small things that make a bigger picture when there all together and better functionality. What is missing for y'all that you guys liked and would to see either come back, or maybe some of these things are here we just haven't found them yet.

EDIT: Also I do like our version on this forum better than IGNs. this one feels much more fluid and a whole lot lets glitchy. Great work by the guys working on it, and who continue to work on it for our greater good!
As I've said on Skype - layout options (ie. fixed or variable width theme choices), tweaking the "new posts" section to include posts made by the self, and some minor adjustments to the colour scheme on the inevitably dubbed "light theme" (quotes are ugly, likes are blending in, and I'd like to see the quotes not collapsing themselves automatically).

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I like the quotes collapsing, saves space and stops you from being distracted by a message that is getting quoted for the 5th time in the same thread. Now if only they nested it would be sweeter.

I think some people using phones are using tapatalk, while Matt probably isn't, so he sees different things than everyone else.

I also agree with a darker background and red banner. The logo is nice for the front page, but the forums looked great with Hjort's banners.

Also agree with bigger icons. Especially for those that want to be able to use gifs.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Yeah your right Jueg Im not using Tapatalk, I just wanna get used to what it is on phones, Which is really slick honestly its just figuring everything out is all.

Tucker

I like the quotes collapsing, saves space and stops you from being distracted by a message that is getting quoted for the 5th time in the same thread. Now if only they nested it would be sweeter.
They do nest. Do you see the little + Quote button? Click it. It activates multi-quote. That said, it's not as easy as the auto nesting of IGN's implementation - personally I'd like to have both available.

EDIT: Quote collapsing as a preferences option? I'm all for that.
I think some people using phones are using tapatalk, while Matt probably isn't, so he sees different things than everyone else.
Tapatalk master-race reporting in.
I also agree with a darker background and red banner. The logo is nice for the front page, but the forums looked great with Hjort's banners.
Well, Xenforo very easily supports multiple themes. Why don't we have the light theme as the default (as it ties in with the front page) and a classic theme for vets? I'd be more than willing to help with the standard theme development and refinement if someone else wanted to spearhead classic theme development.
Also agree with bigger icons. Especially for those that want to be able to use gifs.
Yeah, at least the IGN 140px - or larger.

Last edited:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
They do nest. Do you see the little + Quote button? Click it. It activates multi-quote. That said, it's not as easy as the auto nesting of IGN's implementation - personally I'd like to have both available.
When I quote you, it doesn't show the quotes you quoted in your post, e.g. mine in this post. That's what I meant with nesting.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm also with the default as a darker myself and maybe another version as the light. Just cause our forums have always been darker I think that's why it would be better as a default.

Tucker

I'm also with the default as a darker myself and maybe another version as the light. Just cause our forums have always been darker I think that's why it would be better as a default.
I'm torn on that. The boards were traditionally dark, but members from that time would know that. On the flip side, this skeleton of a theme (it's far from done, obviously) fits in much more with the web 2.0 concept of integration. It looks and feels a lot like the main page, which I think would make it more inviting to new members as part of the grand experience, as opposed to a little smoke-filled basement some dudes chill out in.

I think the decision of which foot to put forward definitely needs some greater discussion including Menashe to feel out his vision for how everything fits together.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Now with all this work whatnot being spoken of in gonna switch gears totally and tell y'all of simplier times and hopefully transport y'all back to something we all knew and loved and tie it here.

Today for the first time my older son has a buddy over here at the house. I'm listening to them upstairs talk about Skylanders and dinosaurs, while plotting how to make a race track upstairs AND watching the new movie Walking with Dinosaurs.

This is a blast, it's so much fun to hear there young minds working together and just having fun being kids not having a care in the world.

I think there could be a correlation atleast for myself of hanging out with the boys and hanging out here with the guys. Obviously I'm told old to be going over to my friends house and play game lol, that's even funny to write as not only do they have families but work and family talk is exhausting at times cause you live it everyday.

I've always been a guys guy as far as getting dirty working with my hands at work, and I love to play hard and have just a good time playing and cutting up with the fellas. My son having his friend over is not only kinda bringing this full circle but making me think of why exactly I love being here. It's all about "hanging with the guys", "hey let's play some games and have a blast", "man sometimes I just gotta talk to the guys about what's going on".

These types of things are more important to me than I have thought about in a long time and it's just from hearing my son and his friend just being boys and not caring about nothing but the moment. I'm pretty serious when I say I don't reckon I've grown up in my heart. Yes I have reponsabilitys of an adult, business, family, relationships and whatnot. But in the bottom of my heart I gotta just hang out with the guys.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I feel you LSB this place dosent feel like home yet, but we will get there. I just came outta my cornor yesterday and started walking around. There is stuff to do for sure and we will get there but I feel alien in this strange new land aswell. Playing games with friend usually cures this tho *wink wink*.

On the main site / community intergration. We have always been different and not perfectly connected which is cool it gives this place it's own feel. It really needs more warm colors not just sterile and not blacked out either, it's gotta way to make it home but we will get there. I do agree that we will need to talk about things with Menashe hence the list I'm making it's for the purpose of the people here.

As a mod / admin the team here looks at things different than what many would think this job is. For us it's about being a part and helping the community with anything they could need. And literally giving them any tool we can to let them defend there own home which they should we encourage them keep the crap outta there house. I don't wanna "mod" as in delete / lock / ban. We wanna help / build / listen and give these guys whatever they need to wanna be hear and feel like this place is worth defending.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
When I quote you, it doesn't show the quotes you quoted in your post, e.g. mine in this post. That's what I meant with nesting.
We're saying the same thing. You can manually multi-quote using that button, but it doesn't auto nest.

I'd like to have both :p
I'm using the multi quote function right now. The only way I can get the messages to show this way is if I use the multi-quote function on every message that I want to be nested. Like right now if you wanted to quote me as I quote you as you quote me, you'd have to click multi-quote on those 3 posts, and then paste them in the appropriate order inside the message's body. It can be done, but it's an unnecessary pain in the ass that could probably be gone with the flip of a switch on the admin side.

Tucker

I'm using the multi quote function right now. The only way I can get the messages to show this way is if I use the multi-quote function on every message that I want to be nested. Like right now if you wanted to quote me as I quote you as you quote me, you'd have to click multi-quote on those 3 posts, and then paste them in the appropriate order inside the message's body. It can be done, but it's an unnecessary pain in the ass that could probably be gone with the flip of a switch on the admin side.
Oh, totally and exactly. Just don't lose the multi-quote option along the way.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.

Tucker

Honestly it feels more like IGN than ever before in terms of looks and design.... Maybe that is why I'm having such a hard time adapting to it.... I haven't posted on IGN in a long time....
Yeah, it would be. If there's one thing IGN did right was choose forum software. They just fucked it during the implementation.
@mattavelle1: to get the latest post for sure every time, click the little blue circle on the left side of a thread's title, not the thread's name. Might be too small on the phone, but that works 100% of the time.
Oh yeah, Xenforo only defaults to the newest post when there is a new post. If there is no new activity it goes to the beginning.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I'm not really sure how to design a great forum.... Not only that, but now I'm not even sure if I like the old forums better because I just miss them and was used to posting on them that way or because I truly feel it was a better forum the way it was before....

I'm just being all nostalgic and fighting the change because that is what I do.... I mean all this has me seriously considering just not posting at all anywhere anymore....

But maybe I'm just being a big baby about it and flat out need to adjust like everyone else seems to be without issue.... Loosing all that shit before was probably what sent me on this path to almost basically saying....

But now I'm pretty sure it's just me being me and that eventually I will adjust like everyone else has.... It all feels like epic fail to me right now because I'm epic failing.... I'm sure that at some point I will probably start posting again.... Just not sure when that will be....

I do thank everyone for trying to save all my gif and threads and such.... That means a lot.... Posting here has basically become a part of who I am.... It will be hard if I end up leaving.... I would miss this place a great deal, more importantly I would miss the posters here.... You people are what make this place what it is....

As long as this place has you guys then I'm sure it will be ok one way or another....

Tucker

To everyone who complains about the white hurting their eyes: your monitor has brightness settings other than 11, and 'cool' is not the ideal colour tone. That's not to say I'm against an optional dark theme per-say, it just makes me laugh how horrible most people's monitors are set :p

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
It's not about that chill out Tucker I'm sure they know about brightness but once there setting are set who wants to deal with changing that. We will figure something out.

Tucker

It's not about that chill out Tucker I'm sure they know about brightness but once there setting are set who wants to deal with changing that. We will figure something out.
I'm not riled up. It's in good fun - thus the little tongue out face? My point comes from when I used to work in home theater and people always set their TV's to the vivid mode because it was like instant gratification, but really it should have been about half that brightness and a lot warmer to be anything approaching accurate. And it's not about adjusting to the forums - it's about people having semi-accurate displays to begin with :p

Status
Not open for further replies.