Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@imthesoldier

Yep you and I are doing the exact same thing at the exact same time. The universe is correct, and in 30 minutes worlds will collide!

Straight up y'all got a great team, I'm expecting another classic good luck to your boys. *face_peace*

Lost_In_Translation

The Man Behind The Curtain
No. It looks awesome but I don't tend to watch many anime films, I mostly watch series'.
I'd suggest making an exception for this one. It's really amazing. You can get a lot out of a short investment of time with these films...well, provided they're done by the right person.

Ironically enough, I find TV series based movies tend to suck.
I saw it a while back. It was in interesting movie and I enjoyed its art direction. It reminded me a little bit of the art style used in the Digimon movie, though I think the same director had a hand in it.
You're talking about the original Digimon movie, right? Yeah, I believe he did work on it. I liked that one too, actually, haha.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
@imthesoldier

Yep you and I are doing the exact same thing at the exact same time. The universe is correct, and in 30 minutes worlds will collide!

Straight up y'all got a great team, I'm expecting another classic good luck to your boys. *face_peace*
Same to you and Kentucky, so cheer hard! I love your bourbon, so I have respect for your state at least in that regard. :p

Has anyone seen the anime Summer Wars? I watched it for the first time last night, and it was absolutely brilliant. The same director did The Girl Who Lept Through Time and Wolf Children. I recommend checking all those films out, really. It's probably the closest anyone comes to matching Miyazaki's work at his best.
Love machine is Amazing.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I'm sitting here playing Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and I keep hearing "Platformers are nothing new. Same old shit. Been there done that." over and over in my head....

So it got me to thinking.... What has HD brought to the platform genre in general...? In terms of significant change, what has the power the HD age has brought with it done to evolve the 2D platformer....? Or just platform games in general...?

Nintendo is foremost on my mind when I think of platform games, but there have been others over this last gen that used the HD age as means to evolve the platform genre....

I have to really think about it for a second, but if I put some time into it I'm sure I can come up with some great examples of the platform genre evolving even though it seems to be running in place....

I think the overall presentation of the platform game is highly overlooked and is one of the greatest evolutions of the genre in terms of it being significatly different than the platform games that have come before....

I bet I could make a badass timeline showing this evolution over the course of the past 30 years....

That in and of itself would be worth something.... But to really trace it back to forward, from then to now, and then point out the significant changes over the course of time would be something else....

It would be a great way to showcase a theory for either side of the coin whether the platform genre as a whole has become stagnant over time or if it has evolved into something else entirely....

I bet Nintendo would take up a great deal of space on such a timeline.... And with good reason.... They have significatly changed how we play platform games many times over the course of their history in the video game biz....

Last edited:
I'm sitting here playing Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and I keep hearing "Platformers are nothing new. Same old shit. Been there done that." over and over in my head....

So it got me to thinking.... What has HD brought to the platform genre in general...? In terms of significant change, what has the power the HD has brought done to evolve the 2D platformer....?

Nintendo is foremost on my mind when I think of platform games, but there have been others over this last gen that used the HD age as means to evolve the platform genre....

I have to really think about it for a second, but if I put some time into it I'm sure I can come up with some great examples of the platform genre evolving een though it seems to be running in place....

I think the overall presentation of the platform game is highly overlooked and is one of the greatest evolutions of the genre in terms of it being significatly different than the platform games that have come before....

I bet I could make a badass timeline showing this evolution over the course of the past 30 years....

That in and of itself would be worth something.... But to really trace it back to forward, from then to now, and then point out the significant changes over the course of time would be something else....

It would be a great way to showcase a theory for either side of the coin whether the platform genre as a whole has become stagnant over time or has evolved into something else entirely....

I bet Nintendo would take up a great deal of space on such a timeline.... And with good reason.... They have significatly changed how we play platform games many times over the course of their history in the video game biz....
Platformers became first person shooters.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
This may sound a little weird but I've actually met an old person that I just absolutely hate. I was in the National Museum of Natural History and I was looking at a painting. I thought it looked nice and all and, out of fucking nowhere, this old lady comes up and starts yelling at me because she thought I was going to touch it. I was just caught off guard and I was like "What the fuck?" and that made her even more mad. She kept on going about how I should be sorry for what I did and I was like "Ok, ok, I'm sorry", over and over again, and then she went on and on about how I'm disrespectful and I think, at that point, I was like "Fuck it" and just walked away. I didn't even care if I was insulting her and made her more mad. It was too Monday for that shit and I didn't even want to go to a fucking museum at like 10 in the morning...

...and now I've got that out of my system

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
CLASSIC #4 @imthesoldier

WHAT A GAME WHAT A GAME!!!

For real no more caps I gotta say this. My heart can't take it no more. I'm so glad that Monday is the last game cause I can't take these games no more.

What a battle, all these Ky games have been straight ass grown man ball. Great game to your boys Shoulder much respect for y'all's team.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
So I came across just now, although it's CLEARLY A FAKE!!!!

The photo is straight from Xenoblade as it's of Frontier Village. That being said, some of those game details do sound cool, but it's more of a wishlist from some fan if anything.

^You shoulda posted whilst you were intoxicated, it's always fun. Also you watching/buying WM30 Fried? I'm going to be having a nap later so I can stay up to watch it live. I have work 2 hours after it finishes lol. (Finishes at 4AM for me).

I did that once on IGN and it didnt go over so well.
Yep, got a small group of family coming over to watch that, should be really fun. Hopefully the event is exciting enough that it doesnt make you nod off, I suggest keeping the gamepad handy to keep you awake during the Divas mess.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
i think bioshock infinite would be improved by side quests. i hope they do that for the next one. i don't wanna see them turn it into fallout, but a break from the linearity would be refreshing. or maybe the linearity combined with masterful story telling is what makes it great. i dunno. just thinking out loud.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
i think bioshock infinite would be improved by side quests. i hope they do that for the next one. i don't wanna see them turn it into fallout, but a break from the linearity would be refreshing. or maybe the linearity combined with masterful story telling is what makes it great. i dunno. just thinking out loud.
They crafted these amazing areas, but the only thing to do in them is look for voxophones.

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
I enjoyed Bioshock Infinite a great deal, fully knowing that it would be a very linear experience. I personally wouldn't want sidequests in a game like Bioshock. That game was all about the main story and the journey to experience it. Sidequests are great but if you've got a very powerful story which is essentially the driving force of the game...do you really want to distract your players from that? I imagine that's what went through the devs minds when they avoided adding sidequests.

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
Honestly, I found Mass Effect boring

at least Liara was a great lay
lol, too classical sci-fi for you? Me, I'm disappointed ME2 and ME3 were so different from 1.
The thing that killed me about Infinite was the mechanics. I felt the shooting was really rigid and unengaging. Beyond that, the lack of justification for Vigors beyond "Bioshock had plasmids" really got under my skin too. More than anything, I found Elizabeth more annoying than engaging. I hear she gets better later on, but I was in that weird limbo where her novelty had worn off but her character hadn't become someone I cared about yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.