Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted_devil_mind

Game developer extraordinaire
I didn't get Mario Golf today I'll get it tomorrow then give it out. I play AC:NL for a few minutes a day, other than that I haven't played it cause 2 much time with the WiiU. That's why I'm not rushing to get the code out. Once I get MG tomorrow I'll hit you up.
You promised I'd have it today!!!! :p But fine, I can wait. My 2 copies of Mario Golf have arrived.... :p

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Speaking of which I need to go plug my 3DS in. I've had it unplugged almost all week cause work and life have been bumping!

You would have had it today had I not worked over and had time to go actually pick the game up.

twisted_devil_mind

Game developer extraordinaire
Speaking of which I need to go plug my 3DS in. I've had it unplugged almost all week cause work and life have been bumping!

You would have had it today had I not worked over and had time to go actually pick the game up.
Booooo at overtime.

Speaking of which, I'm getting an extra 3 days of paid vacation for the overtime I did on Watch_Dogs. I barely worked overtime on the project, they are being generous!!!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@twisted_devil_mind so technically it wasnet overtime, I worked 37 hours this week, this day just happened to be longer than normal. We finished 3 jobs this week so we had to collect check, write invoices, and clean up jobs. So yeah it was just a longer day, we never work over 40 a week and no weekends.

@ASuch LMAO ok so. I have had 3 3DSs of my own. My first one I had everyone added, well that went to my wife when I got my XL. So my XL ended up going to my son and at this point I was tired of adding and giving out the FC.

So now my son has a 2DS cause my 2nd XL broke. And now I'm on my own 3rd 3DS for myself and I'm beyond giving out and adding FC. For Mario Golf tho I will make an exception.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
just picked up god of war 3, dante's inferno and sacred 2 from gamestop for like 20 bucks. b2g1f on used games. last week was mafia 2, brutal legend and ninja gaiden sigma for about 20 bucks as well. ps3 is seriously where it's at right now. shit is sweet.
I got brutal legend in a humble bundle with like the entire catalog of that developer for around $6 of so

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
Pacific Rim makes me so fucking happy. I'm crying tears of joy.

I just wish I didn't have an open wound near my balls. It sucks when I wake up in the middle of the night scratching the wrong thing...

Kirby is good so far. Not great, but I'm hoping World 1 is the "you know the drill" shit and World 2 will kick it up a notch. We'll see.
did i miss a story?

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Late night Amazing Spider-Man 2 on Twitch in honor of opening weekend for the film.... No talk.... Just Gameplay....

http://www.twitch.tv/lightsaberblues/b/525357662

See the movie....

Play the game....

I plan to see the film this weekend if I get the chance....

The game isn't all that great but the graphics are Craptacular and teh web-slinging around the city is pretty cool....

Oh and even if it's just kinda meh, it's still loads better than the first Amazing Spider-Man game....

All Day....

My Spider-Sense is tingling.... It must be warning me I'm about to play The Amazing Spider-Man 2....

Last edited:

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....

Such fake edginess.... Such script read.... Such ripping off my style....

I swear I honestly feel like Shawn and whoever helps him produce these fucking vids of his are starit up using some ideas in their vids recently that others and myself did here on the boards a long time ago....

Kinda weaksauce guys.... You could at least give credit where credit is due, the forums.... Because you rip a shit ton of matirial from this place and never give a single shot out....

EDIT: Now what pisses you off about it ASuch...? Curious am I....

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I could say a whole lot more about the subject, but I won't out of respect for Menashe.... I was going to do a show about this shit, but decided to leave it on the backburner because it felt kinda of like a negetive story, and lately I'm trying to concentrate on the positives of being here on TNE....

But I swear if these guys don't start giving credit to the forums for some of the ideas they incorperate into their shows, I'm going to HAVE to say something eventually.... Very loudly I imagine....

So for now, I'll just leave it at that....

EDIT: So... It's Friday.... Does that mean you guys are playing on TNE TV tonight...? I WANT MY TNE TV!

Last edited:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@LightsaberBlues

This week has been such a beast here in the forums that honestly last night I think everyone needed a break. That's why we didn't TNE TV last night. Not gonna lie it was a nice break for myself last night, and I think we can tell from the forums last night was way slow.

I like seeing that tho honestly on the weekends. People going out enjoying life and doing there own thing. I love being here myself I like tho that this place is always here and we can relax at time and know when we come back there will always be something to connect to.

But yeah it was a nice night last night for myself. And now I'm about to pick up Mario Golf.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
@LightsaberBlues

This week has been such a beast here in the forums that honestly last night I think everyone needed a break. That's why we didn't TNE TV last night. Not gonna lie it was a nice break for myself last night, and I think we can tell from the forums last night was way slow.

I like seeing that tho honestly on the weekends. People going out enjoying life and doing there own thing. I love being here myself I like tho that this place is always here and we can relax at time and know when we come back there will always be something to connect to.

But yeah it was a nice night last night for myself. And now I'm about to pick up Mario Golf.
Taking a break is what I plan to do for the next week or so.... I feel you on that.... Starting today.... So yeah.... I am anticipating the front page forum article though....

Maybe I've been putting too much time in around here lately.... Perhaps a break is needed....

ASuch

The Salt Master

I swear I honestly feel like Shawn and whoever helps him produce these fucking vids of his are starit up using some ideas in their vids recently that others and myself did here on the boards a long time ago....

Kinda weaksauce guys.... You could at least give credit where credit is due, the forums.... Because you rip a shit ton of matirial from this place and never give a single shot out....

i wrote my thoughts in the comments section on youtube

but really, I'm mad that there is only one opinion being shown, and any other opinion is considered as wrong and stupid because TNE is gamers, not gaming media which is ridiculous

gaming journalists are gamers as well, plus the generalizations made me mad as hell

Dude, you're an original guy, but you're not that original. That's all Shawn.

but really, I'm mad that there is only one opinion being shown, and any other opinion is considered as wrong and stupid because TNE is gamers, not gaming media which is ridiculous

gaming journalists are gamers as well, plus the generalizations made me mad as hell
Did you miss the first 10 seconds of the video? He said it's his opinion only.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
It's meant to incite such things ASuch.... I imagine Shawn is looking for a way to express himself whole heartedly on the front page, which is kinda hard to do with all the restrictions put on you....

I imagine this is just Shawn trying to use this new found fame as a way to express himself rather than TNE once in a while.... I understand that more than anyone as I have been in that position, but the only difference is I chose to walk away from it so I could do my own thing and truly express myself without any restrictions applied....

My guess is Shawn doesn't just want to be a host for the TNE Week in Review, he wants to do his own thing on the front page as well.... Whether he'll get to do that is up to Menashe....

But you can only do so much on the front page because of the buisness side of things.... You have to be as PC as possible.... I imagine Shawn might be trying to branch out into something to call his own....

Last edited:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

Ok I watched it, fair enough @ASuch and @LightsaberBlues

The guy only has 180 posts on the forum. He barely knows you and you esp. barely know him yet you talk about him as if you do.

You don't and you're not to first person to ever rant about a topic their passionate about. You're also stupid for thinking Shawn is anything like you. He's doing these rants because people like watching them. He also enjoys doing the week in review episodes because people also enjoy those. Coming full circle, doing those shows is also something he enjoys himself.

When he's not doing videos, he's trying to promote promising indie developers and their games either via news posts or just spreading the word. Geez, what a terrible guy, always going after the most 'popular' topics to stir up trouble.

ASuch

The Salt Master
It's all just part of a hypocrisy that really grinds my gears. It's almost exactly like FOX News. That video and many people in the comments section are like FOX News pundits. They and Nintendo are the victim of gaming journalists, and when those journalists don't support their jingoism, the gaming media is wrong. Just like if the news media doesn't agree with FOX's jingoism, then the news media is wrong.

And yet, both parties forget that they are part of that group that they are shaming. And of course, they'll flip to the other side when it's convenient. Like with people mentioning how much of a crowd reaction Twilight Princess at E3 got, or the same with the original Brawl trailer or something. There, conferences are great and Nintendo is the best! But now that other companies have stolen that pride, conferences are pointless and Nintendo is the best!

What could have been interesting? A debate between two people about Nintendo's approach to E3; pro-conference and anti-conference. Making content that enforces that kind of jingoistic fanboyism is cancer to the overall community of any website. It breeds jingoism. I'm not saying that people here on the forums have that same quality. Most of us have seen and understand both sides of the argument and debate. But in the long run, most of the TNE community won't come to the forums and they'll be relegated to the TNE comments section like IGN.

I passionately hate jingoism in all aspects of culture and I'd love to be able to reduce it. But if the current gaming media is super Sony jingoistic or however else some Nintendo jingoists phrase it, then there's a chance TNE could become as Nintendo jingoistic as the rest of the gaming media apparently is to Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.