Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost_In_Translation

The Man Behind The Curtain
It depends on the company for me. If I'm with people I know well, I'm very outgoing and talk a lot. If I'm in an unfamiliar setting with people I don't know, I tend to be a lot more introverted. I don't have an issue socializing or anything though, it's more personal preference. I enjoy chatting with people most when I know what I'm talking about. :p

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
And the rule obviously applies here, I'm again surrounded with introverts. Canadians and introverts love em
Who's he?

He's an introvert, sir.

I know that! What's his name?

That is his name, sir. Introvert. Major Introvert.

And his cousin?

He's an introvert too, sir. Gunner's mate First Class, Phillip Introvert.

How many introverts do we got in this forum anyhow?

YO!

I knew it. I'm surrounded by introverts. *pulls face shield down* Keep firing, introverts!

Koenig

The Architect
It is downright scary at how accurate this description is in relation to my actual personality.

"
Like their fellow SPs, ISTPs are fundamentally Performers (note the capital 'P' :)), but as Ts their areas of interest tend to be mechanical rather than artistic like those of ISFPs, and unlike most ESPs they do not present an impression of constant activity. On the contrary, they lie dormant, saving their energy until a project or an adventure worthy of their time comes along--and then they launch themselves at it. The apparently frenzied state that inevitably ensues is actually much more controlled than it appears--ISTPs always seem to know what they're doing when it comes to physical or mechanical obstacles--but the whole chain of events presents a confusing and paradoxical picture to an outsider.

ISTPs are equally difficult to understand in their need for personal space, which in turn has an impact on their relationships with others. They need to be able to "spread out"--both physically and psychologically--which generally implies encroaching to some degree on others, especially if they decide that something of someone else's is going to become their next project. (They are generally quite comfortable, however, with being treated the same way they treat others--at least in this respect.) But because they need such a lot of flexibility to be as spontaneous as they feel they must be, they tend to become as inflexible as the most rigid J when someone seems to be threatening their lifestyle (although they usually respond with a classic SP rage which is yet another vivid contrast to their "dormant," impassive, detached mode). These territorial considerations are usually critical in relationships with ISTPs; communication also tends to be a key issue, since they generally express themselves non-verbally. When they do actually verbalize, ISTPs are masters of the one-liner, often showing flashes of humor in the most tense situations; this can result in their being seen as thick-skinned or tasteless.

Like most SPs, ISTPs may have trouble with rote and abstract classroom learning, which tend not to be good measures of their actual intelligence. They tend, sometimes with good reason, to be highly skeptical of its practical value, and often gravitate towards classes in industrial arts; part-time vocational/ technical programs can be useful to even the college-bound ISTP. In terms of careers, mechanics and any of the skilled trades are traditional choices, and those ISTPs with strong numerical as well mechanical gifts tend to do extremely well in most areas of engineering. Working as paramedics or firefighters can fulfill the ISTP need to live on the edge; they are at their best in a crisis, where their natural disregard for rules and authority structures allows them to focus on and tackle the emergency at hand in the most effective way.

ISTPs with more sedate careers usually take on high-risk avocations like racing, skydiving, and motorcycling. While aware of the dangers involved, they are so in touch with the physical world that they know they can get away with much smaller safety margins than other types.

(ISTP stands for Introvert, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving and represents individual's preferences in four dimensions characterising personality type, according to Jung's and Briggs Myers' theories of personality type.)
"

My results from the test Koenig posted:

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

Yep sounds about right.

On the note of introversion I brought up, Is anyone up for a personality test?

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I was classified as an ISTP the last time I checked.
INTJ
Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(88%) Judging(11%)
  • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)
sounds about right.

Lost_In_Translation

The Man Behind The Curtain
INFJ
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(38%) Judging(56%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

twisted_devil_mind

Game developer extraordinaire
INTJ
Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(88%) Judging(11%)
  • You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
sounds about right.
INTJ
Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(38%) Thinking(62%) Judging(67%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
  • You have distinct preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
All these damn acronyms. I refuse to take psychological tests because I know I will try to game them in some way, so even if I want to get an honest test, I don't trust myself to get accurate results.

Introverts really suck at weddings and funerals.

I have been introverted like 95% of my life. There was a time, about 1 year, that I made the effort of being very extroverted. I made lots of friends, but most of these were shallow friendships that I didn't care much to maintain once I reverted to being very introverted (but I guess that's the same case for many friends I've made as an introvert as well). But these days, it's nice to know that if I need to suddenly become extroverted (like for weddings and funerals), I can fake it and make it for a while.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I got...

ISTJ (Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging)
Introvert(22%) Sensing(50%) Thinking(25%) Judging(1%)
  • You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)
However, because of my results, I could also qualify as ISTP

Yeah, I'd say I'm more introverted than extroverted but that's mainly because I like to relax and take things easy and I prefer smaller companies over larger ones

Last edited:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I think most people are a mix of both; they tip to one side more than the other. For example, I like to dance. That is a death sentence to most introverts.

Small talk with a 5-6 people I don't know well? Mentally exhausting.
Your introversion is much like my wife's. She needs to recharge at the end of the day because she's mentally exhausted.

I'll tell you guys what and the TNE Wreaking Crew @Mike D. @Goodtwin @juegosmajicos @Koenig @imthesoldier @CitizenOfVerona @FriedShoes can all attest to this.

They have very rarely if ever heard my wife after all these years when we game. Why is that? Because just like @nerdman when I get on to be social and do my normal extrovert thang with my friends online. That is when she is in here own zone recharging and taking it easy.

The night time also works so well for us cause the boys are in bed (I think there for awhile the guys thought I was like the most neglectful awful dad ever because I gamed and there never heard anything outta my boys lol. But it because there early sleepers.) so when they sleep at night it gives us time to do our personality thang, I socialize and she recharges and takes it easy. Actually I hope this clears some things up I've never talked about with the guys. After it being like this for 14 years of marriage, this is just our routine and always has been. That's why I have never talked about it because this is normal for my house. I do all my business calls and whatnot at night aswell and just let her chill.

Also put me in front of any group and let me roll no matter the size. I still get nervous like any person would, but I'll still get out there and do what needs to be done no problem.

On another note that pig I got awhile back. I have tried the sausage and it's money. Well tonight my wife crock potted some of the shoulder for the first time and my God it's slap yo mama good.

I got her thawing out Pork Chops next to try them. :mdrool:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I wonder, what ever happened to posters like hjort and AniGamer?
Well rhjort post at negative world, we wish he was still here. He and I had a falling out in the chat when I was getting impersonated by a user. He thought it was ok, me being the one impersonated obviously didn't thank so, and it went down from there. He vowed not to come back and has stuck to it.

When the community was really starting to grow with solid regs and a community was forming we had the vote for mods. This was a fresh start for a new community cause basically before everyone was mods and admins cause it was so slow. Ani like everyone had the statuses reset and the power going to the votes. He didn't like having his status removed so he left.

And I'm not talking on them I just feel thing should be transparent and both of these situations happened as I said it.

I liked them both and wish they would return. Cause both situations didn't call for them leaving now there like no biggie. At the time tho I reckon it was a big deal to them to so anyhow. That's what happened.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
There is a reason why I'm Mattavelle7 in the chat.

R_hjort and I have been super close for years upon years, as he was with many of us as LSB said. The situation no lie shocked me what his reaction was cause he's always on the side of justice and equality.

Now he won't even add me on his WiiU friends list. Not gonna lie that one still hurts cause we were boys for so long.

Well rhjort post at negative world, we wish he was still here. He and I had a falling out in the chat when I was getting impersonated by a user. He thought it was ok, me being the one impersonated obviously didn't thank so, and it went down from there. He vowed not to come back and has stuck to it.

When the community was really starting to grow with solid regs and a community was forming we had the vote for mods. This was a fresh start for a new community cause basically before everyone was mods and admins cause it was so slow. Ani like everyone had the statuses reset and the power going to the votes. He didn't like having his status removed so he left.

And I'm not talking on them I just feel thing should be transparent and both of these situations happened as I said it.

I liked them both and wish they would return. Cause both situations didn't call for them leaving now there like no biggie. At the time tho I reckon it was a big deal to them to so anyhow. That's what happened.
So hjort didn't like how you got upset when you were impersonated?

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
EDIT: Whoops! Missed two questions. Here's the revised one:

ISTJ
Introvert(33%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(25%) Judging(11%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)

Honestly, this one sounds more about right.

Last edited:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So hjort didn't like how you got upset when you were impersonated?
Yeah he felt I was picking on the person and that it was all a big joke. When that person impersonating me was doing the name of Mattavelle dirty.

My point was I try and be real, and I have worked hard to do my name well like I would in real life. Cause you can't see me thru a screen but for me that doesn't matter. I still have to conduct Mattavelle the way I would in real life.

The impersonater didn't do this. I was once Mattavelle1 in the chat. This person changed one of the L's to a Capitol I so the name looked identical. It was really messed up to me. R_hjort thought I should have been flattered. I was not at all

EDIT: That's why in the chat I'm now Mattavelle7 and that made me sad.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
This is all new for me. Didn't even realize someone tried to impersonate you, Matt.
I so glad the forums have turned into a thing of pure joy for myself.

I personally have had some real growing pains here trying to figure out how to get people here and for it all to work. Right now y'all are reaping all the great times that it took a few years to build.

During that time the 3 hardest things I have had to endure while really putting my heart into this place.

3. This may sound crazy but letting Major in and putting 100% faith in the people here was difficult. Once I did it tho I knew this place was special with amazing people. True place were everyone has a voice and this I'm convinced is the right way for a community to be ran and it empowers them to enjoy this place enough to wanna not see it go down hill.

2. Syndicat3 really did a number on me. He some how got ahold of all the contacts in the TNE email address data bank. He sent out a mass email to everyone on the list as me basically denouncing Nintendo, TNE, the community and Menashe. For months after that we had people coming here telling me they didn't wanna here my bullshit anymore and to quit sending them these propaganda emails.

1. The impersonation was the hardest on me. Cause I lost r_hjort first and foremost, well really we all did and I'm sorry for that. I also lost my main name in the chat and had to switch it. And we lost some users aswell thru all that.

When you put you heart into something to I reckon you gotta expect hard times, I didn't think they would come like they did but I'm here now 100% intact. And I have learned so much thru the falls and it has made me so much more better at not "modding" people but turning more into a servant roll to help y'all have anything you need to be successful here. So hard times bring out great lessons.

Now that we're talking about this I miss a lot of my old brothers from IGN and think about how much they would enjoy this here with us. We literally transplanted a CT from there and made it a forum community. Those guys were just like us, they would love the game nights and not having the fear of posting there mind. Also RIP Nikola_Tesla while we are reminiscing he will never be forgotten by me.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018

Oh ok, I see. Well that's kinda...sad. I mean, I get that it'd kinda suck for AniGamer to go from being a mod/admin to a regular poster but I wouldn't leave over that. As for rhjort, well, damn, I honestly didn't know that. I knew you were being impersonated by Syndicat3 but I didn't think that'd cause a reason for you and rhjort to have a falling out. They were both good posters so it's a damn shame they had to leave for those reasons

spiderman 2 was fucking dope. i wasn't expecting much, but i came away pretty impressed. a bit too much romance though. and too much peter parker crying like a little bitch. those are my only complaints though.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Oh ok, I see. Well that's kinda...sad. I mean, I get that it'd kinda suck for AniGamer to go from being a mod/admin to a regular poster but I wouldn't leave over that. As for rhjort, well, damn, I honestly didn't know that. I knew you were being impersonated by Syndicat3 but I didn't think that'd cause a reason for you and rhjort to have a falling out. They were both good posters so it's a damn shame they had to leave for those reasons

As for the email yes that was Sydicat3. The impersonater in that chat tho was someone else I will not name.

Status
Not open for further replies.