Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very entertaining, some weak points (Divas match, the IC title match) but overall I didnt hate myself after watching it. The cage match could have been bad but the ending really made it worthwhile.
Good lord, the WeeLC match and the SHEILD v. Evolution were so so good, Rollins nearly killed himself and it was amazing. Bryan and Kane were good, but were not the highlight tonight thats for sure.

I've been media blackout on Godzilla but my brother talks to me about the movie a lot, just letting me know it's looking great.
On the "scary" note, I remember he recently told me that Japan doesnt appreciate the new Godzilla for two reasons: he's fat and he's scary. Apparently the kids really look up the the monster so it's kinda a sore point for them.
I cant wait to see the thing for myself, only a few more days away.
Weird. Legendary Studios apparently worked close with Toho so they wouldn't do another 1998 Godzilla film. I also find it backwards how Godzilla isn't just a villain in one movie, he changes roles from film to film.

Weirdos

And while I didn't see Pacific Rim in IMAX, I'm gonna make damn sure I'm seeing Godzilla in it.

edit: well my bed sheets are fresh out of the dryer. I'm heading to bed.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
I went to see captain america 2 again with a buddy of mine, and we were looking at a poster for earth to ecco... and I was thinking about how it strangely reminded me of the explorers (1985 movie with river pheonix and ethan hawk) and then we started talking about how in the 80s you could have a movie with an absolutely absurd concept and it was all cool... you just kind of accepted that... and now a days the least absurd concepts from then seem well bellow the bar of even our most mocked movies...

we talked about how super 8 felt like a return to those kind of movies and earth to ecco (which btw is filmed all over where I live so when I saw the trailer I was all like "hey that's this street") seems to be going that route as well.. but even those are more realistic... like in super 8 some kids wittness some wreckage and get tangled up in a plot... in explorers some kids build a spaceship in a junk yard and fly it into space and dock with an alien ship lol

you just don't see that anymore... only in like cg animated kids movies... but those overplay the silliness

then we got to talking and we want to do an 80s movie marathon.. featuring movies we loved that we haven't seen in ages... so not like breakfast club and back to the future.. but more like the explorers, flight of the navigator, d.a.r.y.l., silver bullet.... I would add monster squad but we watched that a few years back on halloween... maybe add in some ones that I wasn't able to appreciate fully when I was a kid... like war games which I have never seen as an adult or even as an older kid

who remembers all of these movies?

(in b4 onsalught of youtube vids and gifs from lsb)

theMightyME

Weird. Legendary Studios apparently worked close with Toho so they wouldn't do another 1998 Godzilla film. I also find it backwards how Godzilla isn't just a villain in one movie, he changes roles from film to film.

Weirdos

And while I didn't see Pacific Rim in IMAX, I'm gonna make damn sure I'm seeing Godzilla in it.

edit: well my bed sheets are fresh out of the dryer. I'm heading to bed.
godzilla was NEVER a villain... he was a force of nature

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
The weird part is that they want a gigantic dinosaur monster that is a metaphor for the nuclear devastation they received at the end of World War 2 to be kawaii.

Not that the new Godzilla will definitely have gravitas or anything (maybe it will, who knows), but at least they're trying to capture the original intent of that work.

godzilla was NEVER a villain... he was a force of nature
Godzilla was born of nuclear radiation and shows up destroying Tokyo. I call that a villain.

In Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack, Godzilla returns by the spirits of dead WW2 soldiers and wants to destroy Tokyo. I call that a villain as well.

A Hurricane is a force of nature cause it isn't aware it's a hurricane, it's just nature. Godzilla, mutated from science, is aware of what he's doing. Same principle with Freddy Kruger. Their both like slasher villains.

That's my view on it anyways

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Looks like everyone had a pretty great weekend! Happy Monday to all!

The storm was pretty bad on Friday, but no damage anywhere near me. (Thank goodness) Thanks for all the kind thoughts! It rained constantly till late Saturday afternoon. Floods, floods, floods. Bah. Gave me some time to catch up on TV and some gaming. Also saw Spider-Man 2. Definitely enjoyable.

Here's wishing all a great start to the week!

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
I'm away for one day and you jerks burned through the entirety of page 666 with no one even having the decency to post this:

For shame. FOR. SHAME.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
My AP Chemistry Exam raped me. I don't even know why I took it as it just ended up being a waste of time and money. Thankfully, my AP Calculus BC Exam should be an easy 5 for me

I only learned of this just now. Please no PS4 exclusive, I don't want to have to buy one just for this.
It's a PS4 exclusive and, I have to say, it looks pretty damn good. At first, it gave me God of War-like vibes, which is ok, but, towards the end, it gave me Shadow of the Colossus-like vibes. I can only hope it's the best of both worlds or closer to Shadow of the Colossus than God of War. With The Last Guardian more or less being vaporware, I need something similar to what Team ICO normally does

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
So I had this dream last night about Zelda U.

In essence, Zelda U had a similar graphical style to Skyward Sword, albeit up rezzed, up textured, up shadowed, up lighted, etc. The game looked simply beautiful. The game was also running at 60fps, although only at 720p, but the worlds were absolutely massive, almost Xenoblade scale. Not only that, but NPCs in the game were described as "fresh and exciting," although they may have been talking about their upcoming dinner plans. Who's they, you might ask? *sigh* IGN...

Anyway, the game was loaded with side quests, each of which were optional, but provide incentives when completing it, although I don't remember what that was. The storyline was described as the the best of the franchise, and the soundtrack was said to be simply incredible. Overall, IGN gave it a 9.5/10, saying, "This is The Legend of Zelda at its finest!"

In essence, Zelda U had a similar graphical style to Skyward Sword, albeit up rezzed, up textured, up shadowed, up lighted, etc. The game looked simply beautiful. The game was also running at 60fps, although only at 720p, but the worlds were absolutely massive, almost Xenoblade scale. Not only that, but NPCs in the game were described as "fresh and exciting," although they may have been talking about their upcoming dinner plans. Who's they, you might ask? *sigh* IGN...

Anyway, the game was loaded with side quests, each of which were optional, but provide incentives when completing it, although I don't remember what that was. The storyline was described as the the best of the franchise, and the soundtrack was said to be simply incredible. Overall, IGN gave it a 9.5/10, saying, "This is The Legend of Zelda at its finest!"
Now I'll be disappoint when this doesn't happen lol

All I can think about is the visuals. E3 can't come any sooner. :mdrool:

Just watched Amazing Spiderman 2. In short, I loved it. I was very surprised with how well it all came together and not the Spiderman 3 "taking turns" approach. I do have one issue, but it's a massive spoiler to the movie, so, spoilers

The Green Goblin was pretty cool, but he's in it for such a short time. He kills Gwen Stacy in that short time, I feel like they wasted it. I thought Green Goblin's character would have more screen time and then the big climax would be Gwen's Death. But no, he shows up, laughs, kills her, off to jail. They set him up for the Sinister Six, which is fine, but I feel like they used the most shocking Goblin story line right off the bat, I don't know how they can up the ante with him.

I can see it another way though, that they wanted to show how badass he is right off that bat, but idk. Green Goblin could have used more time to develop then kill her. Oh well

Electro was great though.

Shoulder

So I was checking out Facebook, and saw one my "friends" (she's not really my friend keep in mind), and she posted a picture of herself wearing this dress. She's a bit over weight, and the first thing that came to mind was, "Did she use a wide-angle lens for the shot?"

Yeah, I went there.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
On the replying to photos front, I saw a picture one of my friends put up on instagram last night (no, I'm not showing the picture), and I literally stopped and didn't breathe for like a minute. She just looked so staggeringly pretty.
I haven't been in school in 15 years :mthumb:

I haven't thought about that till now. Seems only like yesterday.
Geezus. I just now realize that this year marks a full decade since college. Maybe that's played a part in my mood as of late, too.

Shoulder

On the replying to photos front, I saw a picture one of my friends put up on instagram last night (no, I'm not showing the picture), and I literally stopped and didn't breathe for like a minute. She just looked so staggeringly pretty.

Geezus. I just now realize that this year marks a full decade since college. Maybe that's played a part in my mood as of late, too.
Can't wait to see you when you're in your Yee Haw mood.

Shoulder

Well, fuck me sideways. :mfacepalm:

I just ordered some new headsets (not the item I'm talking about), and then for 20 bucks, also ordered ACIV: Black Flag.

EDIT: Sorry, I can't do it right now, cancelled the order for Black Flag. Some day though, Black Flag. Some day.

theMightyME

Godzilla was born of nuclear radiation and shows up destroying Tokyo. I call that a villain.

In Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack, Godzilla returns by the spirits of dead WW2 soldiers and wants to destroy Tokyo. I call that a villain as well.

A Hurricane is a force of nature cause it isn't aware it's a hurricane, it's just nature. Godzilla, mutated from science, is aware of what he's doing. Same principle with Freddy Kruger. Their both like slasher villains.

That's my view on it anyways
I thought godzilla was an ancient being that was AWAKENED by radiation and comes to destroy society to return balance... and he isn't a villain, he is an antagonist... there is a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.