Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koenig

The Architect
Ill just share my own sentiment about Godzilla or any other media in which civilians are a common casualty: I despise seeing civilian characters killed, it simply infuriates me to the point that I no longer glean enjoyment from the medium. I do not go to movies to see or enjoy Hollywood approximations of myself getting killed.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
It never gave me much trouble, But I always liked the music on it a lot. Just hated that it was so short and ended to soon.
That's the weird thing. It's not a very difficult stage yet, whenever me and my cousin played it on Mirror Mode, we would always make a mistake that would end up placing us in 2nd or 3rd place. We were able to do most other stages just fine but not this one. Even so, I still liked it a lot. I can't wait to play this stage again with my cousin over the Summer! Mario Kart 8 is going to be awesome!

Oh and good night everyone. Wish me luck on AP Calculus BC Exam!

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
You guys got featured in Rich's new video. You heard it from me first.

Ill just share my own sentiment about Godzilla or any other media in which civilians are a common casualty: I despise seeing civilian characters killed, it simply infuriates me to the point that I no longer glean enjoyment from the medium. I do not go to movies to see or enjoy Hollywood approximations of myself getting killed.
Good thing I'm not human. Seeing movie people die is always a treat, but it's also a pretty cheap way to raise the tension to the point where it becomes absurd.

ASuch

The Salt Master
Alright this day just took a turn for the what the fuck

I just took the biggest shit in my life, spent 5 minutes just trying to get one big poop out

my head hurts, and I clogged the toilet with my massive shit

i can't tell whether to feel accomplishment or regret

There's some weirdness in this show that might put some people off though, but I really like it. If anyone has ever read The Master and Margarita, at this moment it has a similar feel to that, it's really interesting.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I don't know if the Cool Stuff section of the Nintendo UK Store is new or that I just missed it but if that's one of the upgrades the Nintendo NA store is getting, I'll be in serious trouble.

I counted at least seven non-statue items I'd purchase.
This would be great, I have a lot of points that are going unused because there's nothing worth buying here in NA right now. I would love to get the SNES controller back, or something similarly cool.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
You're hanging out with the wrong type of women. :msrs:
Matt and I were talking yesterday about the type of post that can get a Like, LOL, RAP, and disagree at the same time. We said it would need to be an awesome essay that is controversial but charming at the same time. But nope, you get it in less than 10 words, with a single period.

There's no limit to what the EvilTw1n can do when you give him a serious helmet.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Question for those that know: what is the font used as default here on the forums? Looks like Georgia, but I have a terrible eye for these things.

Never mind just tested it, yes it's Georgia. Infinitely better than the shitty sans-serif font we used before Xenforo.

Does anybody want to do a front page article on this?
So Mega 64 released their podcast, and they cover their involvement on the Nintendo E3 announcement.

Its the second half of the podcast, and they start talking about Nintendo at the 30 minute mark and spend the next 30 minutes talking about it.

Some highlights:

- Nintendo contacted Mega64 to possibly do a video right after PAX East ended. They got the call on the plane ride back to San Diego.
- They took an airplane up to Redmond and only had two days to film it and took another couple of days to edit.
- There's a Nintendo World Store up at Redmond that only has stuff that you can find there.
- Tickets for Nintendo NOA headquarters tours costs thousands of bucks and the proceeds are donated to the Make a Wish foundation!
- Nintendo supplied all the extras for the video.
- There were apparently a ton of takes of the scene where Erik Peterson splashes Reggie with water.
- Initially, Reggie had a smaller role and was only going to do a couple of scenes with about an hour or so of filming. Instead, Reggie cleared his Tuesday schedule and Nintendo made sure he could do whatever Mega64 asked him to do.
- Normally, NOA doesn't allow to anyone to film inside their headquarters, so initially they were going to use an office site a block away. Reggie gave the okay to film inside, and that's when they were able to get the conference room scene. This is apparently the first time somebody was allowed to film inside headquarters outside the studio areas ever.
- Because of that, the video was even mentioned at places like CNN, and Forbes for showing a part of Nintendo that many don't get to see.
- There probably won't be a making of or behind the scenes companion video because of this, because there's a lot of sensitive info that Nintendo probably doesn't want leaked, even accidentally.
- Rocco had access to Nintendo's backlog, and he simply listened to the Skyward Sword soundtrack, and liked it. That's why it was playing. So, that wasn't actually a tease of what's coming up next.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110915011&postcount=2267

@Jacesonnall @juegosmajicos @CitizenOfVerona @Menashe

Get Dakota on it?

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
So I just discovered something I didn't even know existed with my Macbook Pro. I own a mid-2009, so I cannot mirror play with it (my integrated graphics are not powerful enough to run it). But as I was fiddling with sound a little bit, I found out I could output the sound to the Apple TV...so that's exactly what I did. I was just sitting there going, "Holy shit, why haven't I noticed this in the five years I've had this thing?"

Seriously, it made me go:

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
News spread fast. My wallet is not ready for another Pokemon game. I'm already going crazy over the amount of pokemon I'm seeing for the first time. Gen V had some pretty good designs. Also, where were all those pokemon hiding when I played Gen I-IV?

Matt and I were talking yesterday about the type of post that can get a Like, LOL, RAP, and disagree at the same time. We said it would need to be an awesome essay that is controversial but charming at the same time. But nope, you get it in less than 10 words, with a single period.

There's no limit to what the EvilTw1n can do when you give him a serious helmet.
*Sniggers*

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I loved the early Mana games, all the way back to Final Fantasy Adventure on the GameBoy. Secret of Mana still ranks as one of my favorite games. If that came out for the VC, I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
i'm seriously considering turning to a life of crime, you guys. i caught a bad bounce. i've never been a particularly good person, but i'm about to turn into a bad person. gonna do bad things for money. what's the point of being a geodude if you cant rock fuckers down, right? life's bigger than vidya. but you already knew that. here's hoping i'm as smart as i think i am. thinking i can get away with it.

fuck.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I heard it almost pulls a Spiderman 3 with too much shit
yep. they did a lot in there. and if it was poorly written, it probbaly would have been shit with the amount of content they tried to include; so that's a VERY legitimate concern. but it was done in a way that it doesn't overload the viewer. it's just really cool. the movie was written by the same guy who did the star trek reboots. so if you liked "into darkness" (i loved it) then you'll probably dig this one.

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
I'm finished buying pokemon games. All I want to do is battle. The sims got me covered: they're free and I don't have to do hours of mundane shit just to get charizard ready to slap a bitch.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
It looks pretty terrible to me. It's an iOS game with clunky touch controls and the story is now apparently about some angel and devil protagonists that fight over control of the "mortal plane" (sounds like the recipe for a Kawaii fanservice anime). I think the visuals reflect the direction Square Enix is going with this franchise. It was weird enough that Secret of Mana got ported to iOS earlier, but now they made a full-fledged new game in the franchise exclusively for that system.

i'm seriously considering turning to a life of crime, you guys. i caught a bad bounce. i've never been a particularly good person, but i'm about to turn into a bad person. gonna do bad things for money. what's the point of being a geodude if you cant rock fuckers down, right? life's bigger than vidya. but you already knew that. here's hoping i'm as smart as i think i am. thinking i can get away with it.

fuck.
I fear they'll put you in prison for being too awesome Buddah, the world isn't ready for your awesome-ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.