Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Just beat Child of Light unexpectedly. I say that because it seemed short, and the ending kind of just happened. I guess the budget ran out?

Overall I'm super impressed. Very touching in regards to the story and characters. Very fun exploring everything finding all the treasure chests and such.

Ubisoft does it again.
gunna play it based on your recommendation.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
@CitizenOfVerona - I went with the Seagate Expansion 2TB Desktop EHD USB 3.0. It works like a dream. Easy to set up and install. Nintendo made it very easy to transfer games and data. It comes with a power cord like Nintendo suggested for the external hard drives. I got a good price for it on Amazon.

Thanks to @mattavelle1 for thinking of me. :)

@CitizenOfVerona - I went with the Seagate Expansion 2TB Desktop EHD USB 3.0. It works like a dream. Easy to set up and install. Nintendo made it very easy to transfer games and data. It comes with a power cord like Nintendo suggested for the external hard drives. I got a good price for it on Amazon.

Thanks to @mattavelle1 for thinking of me. :)
Thanks. I have no need for 2 TB. Perhaps I'll check out future shop or something

edit: do you have a y cable with it?

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
No, since it had a separate power source, only needed one USB cable from Wii U to hard drive.
I doubted I needed 2 TB as well, but for less than $80, it seemed like it couldn't hurt.
That's what I did as well for my External HDD. Just a couple of tips if you didn't figure it out already. First off, when the external harddrive is turned on, all games and data will be installed there, but you can always transfer it back to the Wii U system memory at any time in the settings. And since the harddrive you have has its own power source, you don't have to have it always on when using your Wii U. If for example, you feel like just popping in a disc, then there shouldn't be any need to turn it on. Oh, and one more thing: Remember what I said about data automatically saving to the external hard drive? Well, that includes save data from physical games, so what I would do (unless you have no space at all) is put your save files for your physical games on the system memory, so you're not always relying on the external harddrive.

These are just my thoughts, but do what you want.

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
I want to start a thread for awesome videogame music, including covers and remixes, but I know that it will take me a long time to make the OP so I'm biding my time.
Community project for best videogame tracks/soundtracks of all time?
Take it from someone who loves to entertain grand notions of epic threads that would be so work intensive that they'll likely never happen: just call it a jukebox, say a few words, pick a great tune to get the ball rolling and we're go. Everyone's participation will fill it out with time.

EDIT: Or possibly break it down one game at a time. Pick the best songs to highlight the game. Say a few words on context and appeal and then the next person steps up, this way it becomes something more than a chain of embedded video postings.

Lost_In_Translation

The Man Behind The Curtain
I want to start a thread for awesome videogame music, including covers and remixes, but I know that it will take me a long time to make the OP so I'm biding my time.
Community project for best videogame tracks/soundtracks of all time?
You know, something like this would be cool to showcase on the main site as well. An article about the community's favorite game tracks/soundtracks? Just a thought, obviously do what you like with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.