Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Man, you're full of great ideas. There's this food truck in Austin called Chi'lantro where they serve Mexican-Korean fusion food. The tacos already have coriander, red sauce, and kimchi, but I gotta try them with Sriracha on top. Not that the tacos need it, they're already incredible.

http://www.foodtrucktalk.com/chilantro-austin-tx
Holy hell, that looks fantastic.
Final week before wii and ds servers go down..
@Goodtwin - We need to get some GoldenEye in before it's too late!
This is now defined as a craze? Let me guess, this involves a tipping point of white people and the food network. I mean, it's the rooster sauce that's been in 90% of Chinese dim sum and Vietnamese pho joints since at least the 1980's, it's not exactly anything new under the sun. Ms Mech's prediction on hearing this: banana ketchup is next.

It's probably best used as it has been: a cheap dipping sauce for pork buns or to add some extra kick to your pho broth. Although I do recall an old highschool friend who used to swear by putting it on kraft dinner (which prompted me to inquire whether he was pregnant). Is it being mixed with mayonnaise and/or used on Asian fusion tacos or something?
It's become a bit of a fad, yes. People put it on literally everything. And when it gets into every Subway in 'Murrica (and theirs does have some mayo mixed in, I think), I think it's reached peak hipster white foodie.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/07/subway-sriracha_n_4233738.html

I'm way late to the party. The first time I saw ye olde rooster sauce was back in college (the husband of the residence director for my dorm had it in his cupboard), but I never bothered trying it until now.

It's certainly not bad, of course. Garlic and hot sauce are two great tastes that taste great together, and I now have a big bottle of the stuff that I'm sure I'll exhaust in a few weeks. But I'd honestly take regular old Tabasco or Frank's (great Buffalo sauce from them, btw) as an everyday hot sauce over Sriracha.

Last edited:

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
Man, you're full of great ideas. There's this food truck in Austin called Chi'lantro where they serve Mexican-Korean fusion food. The tacos already have coriander, red sauce, and kimchi, but I gotta try them with Sriracha on top. Not that the tacos need it, they're already incredible.

http://www.foodtrucktalk.com/chilantro-austin-tx
That does look great, so it's stuff like bulgogi tacos?

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Games have changed. It's no longer about gameplay, music, or enjoyment. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by trolls and haters. Games - and its consumption of life - have become well-oiled machines. Games have changed. current-gen gamers carry current-gen consoles, use current-gen gear. Butthurt inside their bodies enhance and regulate their trolling. Butthurt control. Resolution control. Framerate control. Next-gen control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. Games have changed. The age of graphics have become the age of control... All in the name of averting catastrophe from sane gamers who want good gameplay. And he who controls the video games... controls history. Games have changed. When video games are under total control... Graphics become routine.

How did I do? Make sense, or was I trying too hard? No? Anyone?

Games have changed. It's no longer about gameplay, music, or enjoyment. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by trolls and haters. Games - and its consumption of life - have become well-oiled machines. Games have changed. current-gen gamers carry current-gen consoles, use current-gen gear. Butthurt inside their bodies enhance and regulate their trolling. Butthurt control. Resolution control. Framerate control. Next-gen control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. Games have changed. The age of graphics have become the age of control... All in the name of averting catastrophe from sane gamers who want good gameplay. And he who controls the video games... controls history. Games have changed. When video games are under total control... Graphics become routine.

Shoulder

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=818344

You guys should definitely check this out. There are surprisingly a lot of Wii games being mentioned in that thread, which is interesting. I think what got a lot of people with Xenoblade was how it was able to achieve what it did with the limited ram it had. And speaking of that, I hear Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is quite a technical showcase on the Wii.

EvilTw1n

You guys should definitely check this out. There are surprisingly a lot of Wii games being mentioned in that thread, which is interesting. I think what got a lot of people with Xenoblade was how it was able to achieve what it did with the limited ram it had. And speaking of that, I hear Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is quite a technical showcase on the Wii.
I won't click on a GAF link just for anyone, shoulder, but for you? Oh, alright. :p

Usual suspects in there. It's nice to see Xenoblade get mentioned for its visual achievements relative to the hardware, though (everyone always mentions the scope of the world, as they should, but Monolith was really on their game with the color palette, too).

Shattered Memories was an amazing-looking Wii game. If you're gonna make a flashlight game, it better have some impressive lighting, and SH:SM really delivered there. (Of course, since we're talking flashlights, I have to mention Fragile Dreams. Although not a piece of technical wizardry, it had some of the most memorable art on the Wii.)
Shout out to Red Steel 2, as well. Yes, it's cel shaded, but what Ubi pulled off with it is amazing.

And not to be the Metroid fanboy, but Corruption had amazing art (and again, fantastic choices for the color palette; I loved the "theme color" pattern that emerged late in the game), and some of the interiors of Other M are simply mind boggling. So long as you're indoors, you could've told me it was a 360 game and I would've believed you. There's some really impressive stuff there.

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Oh thank you! I remember saying that Other M kinda looked like a HD twin game in parts on IGN once and got crapped on. Other M really is a looker.
Well, it suffers from the usual bias toward the game (I remember people bitching when Kotaku said it looked better than some PS3/360 games), but also because the art style is so different from Retro's. I totally understand if people prefer Retro's amazing art. It's why if Nintendo released an HD remaster of the Primes, with nothing changed save for a higher native resolution, it would automatically jump to being one of the best-looking games released.

But on a purely technical level? For a game running on the meager Wii? Other M has some staggering stuff going on. Yes, there are some blurry organic/ground textures, and it's a cleaner/more sterile aesthetic (compared to Retro going for lots of lush detail), but otherwise it's a damn impressive game.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
btw that's a lot of money in Mexico man, make sure not to flash it around over there. It's not just drug cartels, but regular people don't like seeing tourists flashing money either.

Where in Mexico are you going?

cancun!! i think it's called "omni villa".

i'm not worried about gettin robbed, man. i don't exactly look like easy pickin's. i mean... i'm a 6'2" black dude that's every bit of a hard earned 200 lbs from chicago breh. imma be scaring these little mexican dudes, if anything.

that said, i'll be sure to watch out for myself. thank's for the concern.

gonna have an absolute blast. i don't know what internet is gonna be like down there, but i'll be posting pics of me doing all types of ill shit before of after i get back :mcool:

Shoulder

i'm not worried about gettin robbed, man. i don't exactly look like easy pickin's. i mean... i'm a 6'2" black dude that's every bit of 200 lbs from chicago breh. imma be scaring these little mexican dudes, if anything.

gonna have an absolute blast. i don't know what internet is gonna be like down there, but i'll be posting pics of me doing all types of ill shit before of after i get back :mcool:
In their minds, you're Kareem Abdul Jabbar when it comes to height.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen

i'm not worried about gettin robbed, man. i don't exactly look like easy pickin's. i mean... i'm a 6'2" black dude that's every bit of a hard earned 200 lbs from chicago breh. imma be scaring these little mexican dudes, if anything.

and major is found in pieces across the border in 10.. 9... 8... 7...

Too much alcohol has turned you into a scrub man

terribledeli

isn't using that sucky pickaxe
For some reason, I can't stop listening to 15 minute extended versions of the Electrodome theme from Mario Kart 8.

I became very spoiled by television on dvd/blu-ray releases and netflix. With the exception of the Walking Dead and Regular Show, I don't watch any shows on television during their regularly scheduled airings. I tend to gorge on a series but then I also have to cleanse my watching pallet by watching Long Plays on arcade titles. Last night? Sunset Riders and Jurassic Park.

Oh, and they were to cleanse the amount of Veronica Mars I've watched in the last 72 hours. I think I finished all of season 3 and the movie twice.

The first time I listened to that album the entire way through I must have been super sleepy, or in bed sleeping because I somehow missed that the songs actually had lyrics. So when I went to listen to the songs a second time I had a reality breaking moment finding out that words were being sung for most of the songs.
I am a music pleb though, but my statement stands!

GaemzDood

MW3 pushed the Wii too.

Lol'ing at contrarians on Tapatalk

GaemzDood

How did I do? Make sense, or was I trying too hard? No? Anyone?
Yo, you're older than I am. The Genesis vs. SNES debate was mostly about graphics. It was always about graphics (and exclusives, which people still care about) back then.

Lol'ing at contrarians on Tapatalk

Heh, there's a new show for Nintendo Video on 3DS called Slam City that looks like it was made by the guys behind Robot Chicken. Has similar humor too.
Is it the WWE thing?
Been seeing those things on the Network, bit too childish to compared to Robot Chicken. Hmm, maybe childish is the wrong word given the majority of the RC skits. Innocent, thats it, aimed at kids.

Also I thought they were discontinuing Nintendo Video

Is it the WWE thing?
Been seeing those things on the Network, bit too childish to compared to Robot Chicken. Hmm, maybe childish is the wrong word given the majority of the RC skits. Innocent, thats it, aimed at kids.

Also I thought they were discontinuing Nintendo Video
Same here. Then I started getting new notifications and it turns out it's still getting new shows. They're even going into season 2 of one other show. So much for telling everyone to delete the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.