Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

terribledeli

isn't using that sucky pickaxe
Also I thought they were discontinuing Nintendo Video
Japan and Europe only. I don't think NoA ever made an announcement other than "We have nothing to announce at this time"

They've actually begun to recycle some of the content on the NA one. I was disappointed to see the new Dinosaur Office was only new if you didn't watch it last year.

As for WWE Slam City, it seems a little odd that they don't use the actual wrestler's voices. Unless the quality is so bad I can't actually recognize them. Which may be the case. Though, I pity the poor bastard on the roster that has to dress up as the Finisher every week if they put the character on television, which was rumored months ago. I'm putting my bets on Ryder or Brooklyn Brawler.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
The Karts reviews are inbound. I've changed my mind on my August Wii U date. I'm thinking of sometime in the later parts of June.
To make up for my obvious disregard for securing my future life in a capitalist community (although I rather live like a hermit. Seriously.) I'll be talking to my manager about juggling 2 positions in the company.

I'm hoping to be paid my usual amount x2 if negotiations go well (of course, it will. I'm never wrong :p )

Oh yeah, I saw the changes to the main site. Thanks for taking my opinion to heart!

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Hey guys, the advertisers (Intergi) that make it possible to fund everything that goes on on the site are saying that our revenues are lower than they expected because we don't have any margins on the left and right side of the screen to handle their site skin advertisments. You might have noticed that I made the front page of the site less wide to allow those margins. It does have a double usefulness because a lot of people have been saying the front page looks less crowded and busy now. So, I guess it was for the best. We also changed over Gaming Enthusiast to a similar theme as TNE so it can handle those site skins.

Now, lastly, are the forums. Unfortunately, they also want us to make the forums a bit less wide on big screens so they can have those margins. I hope it doesn't mess too many people over. But at least this way we can keep things running smoothly.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
So last night, I was thinking how much I loved Super Mario RPG and now the closest thing we have to it is the Mario & Luigi series. Then I got to thinking how great the Kingdom Hearts series is. Then I had what I'll call a moment of genius.

How about Nintendo pulls together the roster of Smash Bros (as in, all the great Nintendo heroes and villains) and the RPG and style of Kingdom Hearts and (the original) Super Mario RPG and creates their own, all-Nintendo encompassing RPG?

You could have the main character be some brand new character not currently attached to any specific Nintendo IP. (Or if Nintendo preferred, have Mario be the star). But then along the way, you could get other Nintendo heroes and villains join up. Make it traverse the different Nintendo realms from Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, Metroid homeworld, etc. Maybe the specific Nintendo characters only join up while you're in their realm or maybe they can stay with you the whole time. (Story dictated and all that.) Have fighting be a mixture between old-school Final Fantasy and Super Mario RPG.

Imagine an RPG where Zelda (as Sheik) using her magic and fighting skills teams up with Pit and his bow, Samus and her arm canon, and Bowser with his might and flames. (Doesn't have to be specifically those players, but you get the idea.) Huge roster, and perhaps you could create your own team out of a list and play those the whole time (a la X-Men Legends for the GameCube).

It may not work, but it could be epic. Thoughts?

Edit: Now this is an idea I would let Retro handle.

Last edited:
So last night, I was thinking how much I loved Super Mario RPG and now the closest thing we have to it is the Mario & Luigi series. Then I got to thinking how great the Kingdom Hearts series is. Then I had what I'll call a moment of genius.

How about Nintendo pulls together the roster of Smash Bros (as in, all the great Nintendo heroes and villains) and the RPG and style of Kingdom Hearts and (the original) Super Mario RPG and creates their own, all-Nintendo encompassing RPG?

You could have the main character be some brand new character not currently attached to any specific Nintendo IP. (Or if Nintendo preferred, have Mario be the star). But then along the way, you could get other Nintendo heroes and villains join up. Make it traverse the different Nintendo realms from Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, Metroid homeworld, etc. Maybe the specific Nintendo characters only join up while you're in their realm or maybe they can stay with you the whole time. (Story dictated and all that.) Have fighting be a mixture between old-school Final Fantasy and Super Mario RPG.

Imagine an RPG where Zelda (as Sheik) using her magic and fighting skills teams up with Pit and his bow, Samus and her arm canon, and Bowser with his might and flames. (Doesn't have to be specifically those players, but you get the idea.) Huge roster, and perhaps you could create your own team out of a list and play those the whole time (a la X-Men Legends for the GameCube).

It may not work, but it could be epic. Thoughts?
I think an idea like that can only exist in our dreams unfortunately. Well, it COULD happen, but I don't expect it.

Japan and Europe only. I don't think NoA ever made an announcement other than "We have nothing to announce at this time"

They've actually begun to recycle some of the content on the NA one. I was disappointed to see the new Dinosaur Office was only new if you didn't watch it last year.

As for WWE Slam City, it seems a little odd that they don't use the actual wrestler's voices. Unless the quality is so bad I can't actually recognize them. Which may be the case. Though, I pity the poor bastard on the roster that has to dress up as the Finisher every week if they put the character on television, which was rumored months ago. I'm putting my bets on Ryder or Brooklyn Brawler.
No, they dont use the wrestler voices. I dont think the show is a big enough hit to warrant the Finisher appearing on the actual program, it hasnt happened yet and I dont think it will, there are bigger things happening.
oh wait, I just remembered they had someone dress up as Magneto recently, so if it ever does happen I know who's going to play him.

No, they dont use the wrestler voices. I dont think the show is a big enough hit to warrant the Finisher appearing on the actual program, it hasnt happened yet and I dont think it will, there are bigger things happening.
oh wait, I just remembered they had someone dress up as Magneto recently, so if it ever does happen I know who's going to play him.
They had Damien Sandow dress up like Magneto lol

Aww, Nintendo, you are too kind. Sending me romantic gifts in the mail!

In actuality, it's our review copy, which I'm sending off to the Jono in the States. That will take place tomorrow. Tonight, however, I'm inviting over my family, including cousins, uncles, and aunts, and we're going to have a wild Mario Kart tournament!
I have some raiding to do.... jk :p

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

In actuality, it's our review copy, which I'm sending off to the Jono in the States. That will take place tomorrow. Tonight, however, I'm inviting over my family, including cousins, uncles, and aunts, and we're going to have a wild Mario Kart tournament!
Wow I'm speechless. From humble beginnings

God damn, Menashe. You're a lucky man and I hope your family has a lot of fun

GaemzDood

I kinda regret buying Need for Speed: Most Wanted on GameCube now that I saw the PS2 version of all things. Whenever you use Nitrous, there's no motion blur in the GameCube version. That's not even the worst part. There aren't any reflections from the sun, I don't notice any rain or sunsets happening so far, the street textures are hideous, & the building textures look straight up unfinished. I'm not expecting the graphical quality found in the Xbox 360 & PC versions, but they could've done a lot better than this.

I bought this version since a review said that it looked slightly better than the PS2 version and that the Xbox version's only advantage was a 'cleaner' look. The same review said the game looked virtually the same on all platforms otherwise. However, das some bullshit.

Lol'ing at contrarians on Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.