Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you 'muricans got the Blue Shell bundle as well? If not *rubs it in face*

Goodnight folks, I'm pretty tired.....I can feel a 12 hour sleep coming my way and when I wake up I will have loads of energy to.......sit on my arse all day and play games. Ciao!
Only the greatest part of our lovely country, New York City, gets the honor of touching that bundle.

also yes I kinda want to read Asuch's paper too.

I thought you 'muricans got the Blue Shell bundle as well? If not *rubs it in face*

Goodnight folks, I'm pretty tired.....I can feel a 12 hour sleep coming my way and when I wake up I will have loads of energy to.......sit on my arse all day and play games. Ciao!
I mean the Mario/Luigi Bundle, which trumps our own Mario Kart 8 Bundle

Oh well, night man!

As someone born in the early 90's, have we always been so snotty about race and sex? Seems like in the 80's it was pretty balanced. Movies like Robocop and Starship Troopers has unisex showers and badass characters of all race and sex.

Now? It's all bullshit. Game features a gay character? OMG SO PROGRESSIVE.

Female characters can't just be characters, they have to announce the fact that they're a strong character before doing anything else.

Then we get shit like Fried posted. Racist this, Sexist that. Fuck sakes.

This is another reason why I love Godzilla. Doesn't matter what race you are or sex - cause you're all dead anyways.

As someone born in the early 90's, have we always been so snotty about race and sex? Seems like in the 80's it was pretty balanced. Movies like Robocop and Starship Troopers has unisex showers and badass characters of all race and sex.

Now? It's all bullshit. Game features a gay character? OMG SO PROGRESSIVE.

Female characters can't just be characters, they have to announce the fact that they're a strong character before doing anything else.

Then we get shit like Fried posted. Racist this, Sexist that. Fuck sakes.

This is another reason why I love Godzilla. Doesn't matter what race you are or sex - cause you're all dead anyways.
TOMORROW SO HYPED!

The number of times I’ve been unwittingly bump-boosted off the edge of Mario Kart 8’s new iteration of Rainbow Road during its several antigravity segments is as frustrating as it is telling. Mario’s latest kart racer isn’t just about racing upside-down, across waterfalls, or along the walls of ancient ruins—it’s about taking risks.

Actually, now that I think about it, it’s about knowing when to take them. Adapt or die—that’s the motto at the heart of Mario Kart 8’s gameplay, making it one of the most uniquely competitive Mario Kart games I’ve ever played. Mario Kart 8 includes nearly all the racing subtleties introduced in previous installments: jump-boosting, drift-boosting, vehicle customization, and gliding, but the main pull is a new feature called anti-gravity racing.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/15/mario-kart-8-encourages-get-close-personal/

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Long day, everyone, and this was only the 6 hour day. Tomorrow? A full 10 hour shift from 6am to 4pm CST, and then 8am to 6pm on Saturday. Sunday? finally a day off. At least the work doing seems to go by pretty fast, and everyone's pretty laid back, despite the whole construction project being behind schedule (hence why I'm working ten hours instead of the usual eight). At least I work every other Saturday, so next weekend I'll have the whole weekend off.

But I need to look on the bright side of life. All this extra work means extra pay, so this summer in general should be good for my financial stability, now that I'll be moving out in about a week or two from my parents' home.

But, let's give it a few days and see how I adjust to this new work ethic and job. Needless to say, everyone, you will be seeing less of me on TNE, at least during the weekdays.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Good morning, TNE. I know most of you are probably asleep, but this is going to be a common thing for awhile with me. Let's hope I don't turn into a Zombie-like figure in the coming weeks due to this different sleep schedule. Gone are the days where I can stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning, and get up at 9 or 10am.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
As someone born in the early 90's, have we always been so snotty about race and sex? Seems like in the 80's it was pretty balanced.
Depends on what you think is snotty. The culture is simply different now then it was in prior decades. Things that people used to just shrug off ("well, it's racist/sexist, but that's life in 1985") aren't shrugged off anymore (because it's not '85 anymore). But the internet makes it easier than ever to troll the subject, too ("hey, this surreal kingdom with Italian plumbers/turtles/dragons/etc. designed by Japanese guys in the 80's reeks of being a product of the 80's").
Gonna be playing MH3U with Matt in 5-10 mins, check it:
http://www.twitch.tv/juegosmajicos
Some drunk dude wandered in there, too...

Made a right ass out of himself.

Last edited:

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
So, because I've been an X-Men fan for going on 25 years, and I'm beside myself with excitement for next week's X-Men: Days of Future Past, the Boyfriend and I are hosting an all day X-Men Movie Marathon tomorrow as a refresher course. (And to introduce the X-Men movies to my nephew. My older brother was very neglectful in providing his son with a quality super hero education)

We'll be doing X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men:First Class, and The Wolverine.
We'll be skipping X-Men Origins: Wolverine because... well, you know why.

(I'll be anxiously awaiting your reviews of Godzilla on Monday)

Lost_In_Translation

The Man Behind The Curtain
So, because I've been an X-Men fan for going on 25 years, and I'm beside myself with excitement for next week's X-Men: Days of Future Past, the Boyfriend and I are hosting an all day X-Men Movie Marathon tomorrow as a refresher course. (And to introduce the X-Men movies to my nephew. My older brother was very neglectful in providing his son with a quality super hero education)

We'll be doing X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men:First Class, and The Wolverine.
We'll be skipping X-Men Origins: Wolverine because... well, you know why.

(I'll be anxiously awaiting your reviews of Godzilla on Monday)

Jean looked great in that film. A shame the film itself ended so poorly. I was beyond disappointed by The Last Stand. :(

Also, no Nightcrawler = no good!

sjmartin79

^Agreed. I read the spec script for when Bryan Singer was going to do the film, and it was so different and a much better film. (wonderful ending) Would have been an incredible end to the original trilogy. I wasn't beyond disappointed, because I still enjoyed it, but for all that was wrong with it, I put equal parts blame on Singer and Brett Ratner.

Edit: The lack of Nightcrawler I don't blame on Ratner. I blame on Alan Cummings for not wanting to deal with the make up process required and bailing.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
I am a little worried about the new xmen myself... I think first class did a lot towards decheeseifying the series... And I feel like some of that has seeped back in on singer's watch.

The almost fetishist costumes, quicksilver, the matrix like future...

I feel that is this had been under the helm of first class' director, or under the control of marvel that things would be much better

Still going to see it

sjmartin79

The Matrix-esque future is pulled directly from the 80s storyline, though in the actual 80s they couldn't imagine tech like we have today so the movie does look more futuristic, but I'm okay with that. I'm interested to see what they do with Quicksilver. Especially if any familial ties are brought out.

I still believe Singer's X2 is one of the greatest comic book/super hero movies ever made. In terms of quality and everything, it is definitely in the Top 5. Ratner's The Last Stand is like what happened to the original Batman movies after Tim Burton left. It went more cartoony. Singer's first two had a depth to them. First Class went a long way to recapturing that.

And yes, I wish Fox didn't have the rights to the X-Men and that Marvel was producing them.

The Matrix-esque future is pulled directly from the 80s storyline, though in the actual 80s they couldn't imagine tech like we have today so the movie does look more futuristic, but I'm okay with that. I'm interested to see what they do with Quicksilver. Especially if any familial ties are brought out.

I still believe Singer's X2 is one of the greatest comic book/super hero movies ever made. In terms of quality and everything, it is definitely in the Top 5. Ratner's The Last Stand is like what happened to the original Batman movies after Tim Burton left. It went more cartoony. Singer's first two had a depth to them. First Class went a long way to recapturing that.

And yes, I wish Fox didn't have the rights to the X-Men and that Marvel was producing them.
I don't, not for now at least, same with Spiderman. Sure, the day it comes that the MCU can have Spidey, Logan and Iron Man chilling next to each other will make a trillion dollars but the variety of films we get because of that spilt, I think, is for the better.

I do hope Marvel get the rights back one day, but the Fantastic Four is the only property I feel is wasted at the moment.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
I'm a bit skeptical of Days of Future's Past myself. But I've been hearing some good things about it. I'm not a fan of stories revolving around the concept of time, as I'm a bit too critical of those, as most are poorly written or simply difficult to wrap my head around.

I haven't read much of the X-men comics either, but I'm putting my trust that it'll turn out alright. As long as they don't mess up Beast's, Nightcrawler or X's character then I'm fine.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
I always liked X-Men.

I've always been a fan of the extended Marvel Universe.

Oh btw is anyone gonna watch Gotham and the Constatine TV shows?
I've got my hands full with all of Game of Thrones, Season 4 Walking Dead, Hannibal and Person of Interest, but I'm tempted to give Gotham a go. I'm not too sure about Constantine though. I did enjoy the movie, but beside that, I know nothing of it.

theMightyME

With the matrix future, I'm not talking in generals, but rather in stylistic choices I disagree with... With quicksilver out isn't his inclusion but his look.

As for Gotham and Constantine... Gorham looks good, Constantine looks amazing... Fantastic trailer with a great sense of humor and a great look... Gotham I am more concerned about how they execute it... I have no concerns with Constantine, the trailer put any concerns there to bed.

I want to see a trailer for iZombie too... Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) is doing it so I have very high hopes.

I think right now the comic book related thing that has me the most excited is guardians of the galaxy... More than avengers, more than any of the series, more than xmen, more than batman and superman

Great choice of director, great cast... Chris Pratt is PERFECT as a loveable rogue Han solo type... The tone, the action, everything looks spectacular...

Anybody watch the recent TV show trailers? A few decent looking ones... I really want to eye how did will pull off "the Last man on earth"... I think Galavant has potential, I love the actor playing the king, and the songs seemed to get pretty meta... Which is totally the right direction for a show like that. I'll post more impressions of other trailers later, gotta catch a bus

What Tv show trailers?

I love origin stories so Im really excited for Gotham. And Im right there with you regarding Constantine.

GOTG Looks EPIC.

Actually Nintendo should totally reboot Starfox Soon considering GOTG might do well.

theMightyME

Still hate star fox lol

For the TV trailers I'll make a list with some links to the interesting ones... But all the networks released trailers for their fall shows.... Don't want to do a list on my phone at a bus stop though lol

theMightyME

FUCK missed 1 bus because it was early, got to the stop, checked the bus etc... Had over 20 minutes wait... Waited 10 minutes, checked again... 18 minutes... ARGGHHHHHGHHH..

And it is fucking hot too... 92F now at noon... Getting hotter

Status
Not open for further replies.