Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
I just saw godzilla. Great special effects and some great cinematography. They could done better with the story, but it's hard to weave a compelling narrative for the human protagonist when they are so powerless.

One big plot hole at the end
No way that boat got far away enough that an atomic bomb wouldn't have wiped out the city. Even if it did, all those people would be rotting of radiation poison.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Yeah, Godzilla:

I don't regret watching it overall. The first hour and a half of the movie is mostly bad, some parts were ok but it just seems meaningless on a large scale. They don't serve to emphasize the kind of "force of nature" that Godzilla is, beyond a few quick words that are hanging loosely from the actual plot, and they in no way made the last act of the movie as impactful as it should have been.

That said, that last act of the movie was really awesome, mostly visually. There were some legit cool scenes in there that gave you a sense of how incredible of a beast Godzilla is compared to all these puny men, and there should have been more of it.

In general, the movie "Godzilla" needed a hell of a lot more Godzilla in it, but what little Godzilla there was made it worth watching it on an XD 3D screen.

I did think it was kind of funny how Godzilla was animated in a way that made him look like the awkward fat Godzilla costume of the Japanese movies.

And maybe it's just me, but the new monsters were amazing. But for all the talk of how this Godzilla was supposed to go back to the roots, he's still kawaii as hell.

ASuch

The Salt Master
godzilla is easily the worst fucking movie i've seen in ages. just so INCREDIBLY stupid for so many reasons. it's like they had a fucking 5 year old at the helm. they should have named it "godstopit". several groups of people actually left the theater like 1/2-2/3 of the way through. i've seen a lot of flicks at the movies, but i've never seen groups of people just abandon a film like that. i would have too if i wasn't with other people. i'm so pissed i spent money on that garbage. gaaaahhhh.
FUCK THE HATERS

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/deals/sale/flashsale

TITANFALL and BF4 Deluxe on PC for only $36 bucks.... 2 hours left....

Edit: I went ahead and bought DS2 and DS3 and completed my Dead Space Trilogy on PC for $20.... With the first one being a freebie from EA Orgin....

TITANFALL HAS NEW MAP S OUT TOO! Looks like it's about time to drop again.... My Season Pass told me so....

Last edited:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.

Edit: I went ahead and bought DS2 and DS3 and completed my Dead Space Trilogy on PC for $20.... With the first one being a freebie from EA Orgin....

TITANFALL HAS NEW MAP S OUT TOO! Looks like it's about time to drop again.... My Season Pass told me so....
I was hoping the season pass was on sale, I would have jumped on that shit real quick. Ugh, I might end up buying the first DLC on its own anyway. I would say "I should have bought the Season Pass right from the start", but that's how they want me to think so I end up rationalizing spending $80 on a game on launch day.

Godzilla.

Left the theater disappointed. I felt the hype crash down on me like a motherfucker, so upset.

After two days of thinking though, I do like it. I expected a different film, but it's not that this one was bad. I was expecting something like Pacific Rim or Vs. King Ghidorah in terms of monster action. Pacific Rim was smart enough to have little monster battles in between the story bits, and that was great. Vs. King Ghidorah was great because it took turns with monsters fucking shit up, and had two battle scenes. The climax was insane with Mecha King Ghidorah.

This film though, was like a mix of the original 1954 and Godzilla: 2000. You get brief glimpses of the monsters doing stuff throughout the movie, and whenever a little fight breaks out, it cuts to someone watching it on tv and we don't see a lot of it. That pissed me off. There's only one fight scene we get to see and thats the climax, much like 2000. The original 1954 Godzilla goes on a rampage in the climax after a long build up.

So yeah, my disappointment mostly comes from me expecting more monster on monster battles. I do appreciate the build up, but I did leave the theater saying "that's it?".

I'm gonna go see it again to try and love it now that I know how it's structured. I did love the cinematography and the enemy monsters. I loved the dark tone of it as well.

But to be honest, there was no way in hell the movie was gonna live up to my expectation.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

Man I love DS1, and liked DS2 a lot. Will watch

:mshock:

So today was fun, played Mario Kart Wii with @ASuch and @nerdman and that was an item clusterfudge, but still fun. Then a Smashing Brawl ensues with the likes of ASuch, @ZainreFang , @mantisLJD and @LightsaberBlues . It was very laggy, but still fun. Though not all of it was laggy so thats good. Here is what LSB recorded on Twitch cia LSB Cam! http://www.twitch.tv/lightsaberblues/b/530051433# Hopefully we play some more tomorrow before the WFC shuts down, maybe some Goldeneye!

Anywho, got my end of year test tomorrow, I should pass but you never know. Goodnight TNE!

Recommend me a movie.

I'm in the mood to be on the edge of my seat. Thriller/drama stuff rather than pure horror. Something like Prisoners or Donnie Darko.

But I'm also in the mood for something that may not have a lot of action, but not boring pure talky.

Maybe those two things contradict each other, but what can I say? I'm a complex man.

Help? Preferably before I start using my brain

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Perhaps. It's 930 here and I'm feeling tired so an hour long film would probably be best.

If not I'll probably just read Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy til bed.

Thanks
Watch Fallen with Denzel and John Goodman. It's older so many don't know about it but it's awesome. It deals with a lot of things that dramas don't usual tackle.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
YouGoogleTube bought Twitch
WTF!?! DAMMIT!!!

EDIT: To express why this sucks so hard I just got done watching a PBS Frontline special dealing with when the government started spying on us and how far it has come to today. This announcement with Google Tube buying twitch just continues to feed into all of this. That Snowden report was what ended the special and I have spent the past 3 hours reading more and more about that report. And son of a bitch this all sucks!

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
So we played Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate last night on Twitch. Unfortunately for a while there I had my mic turned off without noticing, so you couldn't hear me laughing and crying when I knocked @FriedShoes down the waterfall at 2:40:45 in this video:
http://www.twitch.tv/juegosmajicos/c/4278001
I was way too tired last night to not only join in (I see @Mike D. joined in before I would've), but also even watch the feed and join in on the chat side of things.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
The F-Zero of anime, I'm not a fan of such things but I own Redline and it's awesome when I keep watching it thinking about F-Zero.
At first I thought you were both talking about that live-action movie called Redline, and was rather confused because that movie was total shit. Never even knew there was an anime called Redline until just now. I know about Initial D however.

The F-Zero of anime, I'm not a fan of such things but I own Redline and it's awesome when I keep watching it thinking about F-Zero.
F-Zero, huh? Well I definitely see the similarities but I don't know if that would be my first thought. I initially thought of Speed Racer, myself. By the way, there actually is a F-Zero Anime out there

At first I thought you were both talking about that live-action movie called Redline, and was rather confused because that movie was total shit. Never even knew there was an anime called Redline until just now. I know about Initial D however.
Initial D...gee I wonder what that Anime is about

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
It's only the best movie you haven't seen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.