Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I was going to make a thread, but I thought it would be more interesting to do it this way instead....

If you guys are planning on joining us for the whole E3 thing and you have any requests for any music you want played durring the show, perhaps to introduce you when you join the Wii U chat to say hello, or even just to give a shot out, PM me your requests and I will use them durring the show....

Just get em to me soon.... Gotta get everything prepped....

ASuch

The Salt Master
I was going to make a thread, but I thought it would be more interesting to do it this way instead....

If you guys are planning on joining us for the whole E3 thing and you have any requests for any music you want played durring the show, perhaps to introduce you when you join the Wii U chat to say hello, or even just to give a shot out, PM me your requests and I will use them durring the show....

Just get em to me soon.... Gotta get everything prepped....
Nightbot has a song request feature built in to it, that might be easier

So this is what our commercials will look like a few centuries from now lol.

Fantastic showing as always. I love how they're showing off each class as having their own unique, yet seemingly equal level of importance. Reminds me a little of Battlefront space combat (of course) but multiplied by 10. Can't wait for the final product and I'm glad they're taking their time too.

Come Tapatalk at me, bro.

Its really made me think about some things with regards to my own business and nintendo's

It also reminded me that Bayonetta's actually really popular with female gamer's.

Along with Zelda, Pokemon, Animal Crossing.

The best selling one's always did appeal to girls too.

Girls spend more money on games than men do. They have more money to spend on games too lol.

Perhaps that's something that's held Metroid back from being more of a success?

I dunno. Perhaps they should see what Platinum could do for Metroid in that department

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I think that women are the future of gaming in terms of audience.... It's probably the last untapped demographic the game industry has yet to fully capture....

There are plenty of female gamers these days, so the stigma of no girl gamers is pretty much broken in terms of truth vs bullshit, but there is still a lot of room for potential growth in that sector....

There is a huge audience out there just waiting to jump into video games.... The question is how do you pull at the heart strings of these potential players enough to make them want to do more than just get their feet wet....

But, if you could find a way to make them want to dive head first off into the deep end.... You could potentially stumble upon up an entirely new market geared towards female gamers....

One that not only has devs and pubs taking them seriously, but also listening to them and what they want out of their gaming experiences....

It could be the next casual gamer boom.... Something that Nintendo could help cultivate through this gen & into the next if handled correctly....

MK8 is a great example of how Ninetndo can cater to all audiences on many levels, including female gamers....

Last edited:
Female gamers dont have to be "casuals" though.

Personally though I think that's what the final goal of QOL is for nintendo.

To create a nexus of all audiences jamming together.

They realized how people reacted to the Wii so they separated their focus into different pieces of hardware to cater to different markets within their own ecosystem.

Honestly this makes me really happy they saved bayonetta. They could really make something of her.

To be honest there's a clear distinction between casual gamers and female gamers.

Female gamers imo are engaged by role play and things that make them think. You know, stuff like Tetris, Pushmo, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing ect.

Last edited:

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Nintendo has always been about a broader mass appeal since it got into video games....

In fact I would say that Nintendo, more than Sony or MS ever have, is responsible for attracting more different types of people to gaming than any other game company in the history of this industry....

As their games have always seemed to have a much broader appeal that stretches across not only gender lines, but age groups as well....

But seriously did you read that article? Its so good and Im laughing at all these blokes reacting so negatively to it.

Hardcore gamers to a T.

WHAT? NINTENDO TRYING TO APPEAL TO US IS WHY THE WII U STUMBLED, BUT THEIR ACCOUNT SYSTEM IS SO SHIT. THEY SHOULD GO THIRD PARTY SO I CAN PLAY THEIR GAMES. MARIO AND NINTENDOLAND IS TOTALLY TRYING TO APPEAL TO US RIGHT? HA RIGHT, BAAAALOOONEEEYYYYY. ( The irony being that its mainly appealing to the nintendo nostalgic like me and you rather than any of those audiences.)

bunch of pussies like @ASuch who are afraid of girl gamers :p

She makes great points with regards to Iwata being so sure that ZombiU's core appeal and innovation would attract that audience back to their platform (with the extremely "core" focused gamepad. But no matter how core focused their marketing was it didnt reach anybody.

But all these core gamers can do is associate the gamepad with the Wii and just demean it as a gimmick and just shy away from even touching the thing.

It does make me wonder what nintendo's next hardware will be like

having a handheld and home console, with similar architecture/OS/tools for easier asset sharing and porting. ( With mobile devices and web based platforms as well like we have on the Wii U currently.
@LightsaberBlues

Actually it'd please me greatly if we could have a talk about it, maybe put something out on the main site with @juegosmajicos

Probably when I have some time for a multiplayer session we could get it sorted eh?

You game? @mattavelle1

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
So I'm watching this week's Week In Review and Shawn has this fucking chick on named Jaime....

Shakin her tits and ass and what not.... You know what I think....

I think you can just have the show with this chick bouncing her jugs around and leave Shawn out of the show entirely....

View attachment 495

Just switch the name of the site from TNE to TnA....

But I mean is this the plan...? To use hot betches who use three word sentences to make your shows more interesting...? Good plan....

i think janey(?) should be in more TNE videos. sure she doesn't add much to the conversation, but with all due respect (ALL due respect), i'd rather look at her than any of you ugly fuckers.

also, there's only ONE super mario rap that i wanna hear.

roll the clip.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Oh ok. I kinda of expected that as it does look pretty fun from the footage I've seen. What about Soul Sacrifice? Personally, it looks more fun to me than Monster Hunter
i don't know much about it. i guess it's a dragon's dogma type of game? i might pick it up when it's like 10 bucks, but not anytime soon. i've already got a good 4-5 vita games that aren't getting enough attention. namely uncharted, sine mora and urban trial freestyle.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
i don't know much about it. i guess it's a dragon's dogma type of game? i might pick it up when it's like 10 bucks, but not anytime soon. i've already got a good 4-5 vita games that aren't getting enough attention. namely uncharted, sine mora and urban trial freestyle.
Well that and Monster Hunter. Oh well, I feel ya. I did the same with the 3DS last year

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I'm working on making it an either or thing.... I've been testing out imbeding the TNE chatango as well as Goggle hangout similar to what Menashe did with all the front page guys into the stream as well as having the Wii U chat embedded in there too....

I don't have any friends on the google hangout thingy so I haven't been able to try that out yet.... But if it does work it potentially help those that want to get involved but don't want to use the Wii U chat to do it....

ASuch

The Salt Master
I'm working on making it an either or thing.... I've been testing out imbeding the TNE chatango as well as Goggle hangout similar to what Menashe did with all the front page guys into the stream as well as having the Wii U chat embedded in there too....

I don't have any friends on the google hangout thingy so I haven't been able to try that out yet.... But if it does work it potentially help those that want to get involved but don't want to use the Wii U chat to do it....
We should just use twitch chat, it's so much better + no swear filters

Status
Not open for further replies.