Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
when you get overwhelmed with E3, check out our new site TV Enthusiast
http://tventhusiast.com/

we are still hiring btw.. check the TV Enthusiast thread on the Community Hang Out Board here
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/threads/tv-enthusiast.2005/

we have another feature going up soon about Shows to Binge Watch on Netflix

after that I am thinking about doing a feature on various streaming services and devices, as well as a season review of Game of Thrones season4 (when it ends next week)

Well, a new day, and I'm feeling better. I ain't so done as what I was.

I took a shower and thought that I'm pretty dang excited for what we are eventually getting. I really did think Yoshi would come out this year, but that's no biggie.

Still though, I'm gonna take a break from it all. I'll finish Minish Cap were I'm so close to finishing it, but after that I'm defintely taking a step back. Games have always been important to me, but lately it seems like I'm a bit too into them. So yeah, I'm gonna take the summer and just chill.

That's not to say I won't be around; I'll still play the scatter game of CoD or Mario Kart, and of course I'll still post here a little bit. But I'm gonna pick up my reading again, keep drawing (even if I'm nowhere compared to Mighty), and perhaps I'll pick up drums and guitar again. Also, whenever the weather here decides to warm the fuck up, I'll go outside.

Peace out you majestic renegades.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Well, a new day, and I'm feeling better. I ain't so done as what I was.

I took a shower and thought that I'm pretty dang excited for what we are eventually getting. I really did think Yoshi would come out this year, but that's no biggie.

Still though, I'm gonna take a break from it all. I'll finish Minish Cap were I'm so close to finishing it, but after that I'm defintely taking a step back. Games have always been important to me, but lately it seems like I'm a bit too into them. So yeah, I'm gonna take the summer and just chill.

That's not to say I won't be around; I'll still play the scatter game of CoD or Mario Kart, and of course I'll still post here a little bit. But I'm gonna pick up my reading again, keep drawing (even if I'm nowhere compared to Mighty), and perhaps I'll pick up drums and guitar again. Also, whenever the weather here decides to warm the fuck up, I'll go outside.

Peace out you majestic renegades.
I understand this completely. I think after every e3 we might not think were tired, but we are. The other day I was talking to LSB and told him ima have to have me a break aswell. It's a lot of work that goes into everything around here. And it's good work, that free time tho had to come sooner or later. And right now as busy as real life is I'm fighting tooth and nail to find some silence.

So yeah CoV I get it. And myself I'll do the same for awhile. It dosent mean we're leaving lol I mean come on who can do that. Finding that time for ourselves is important tho so do what ya do old friend, cause ima do the same.

Cubits

Ok, so the bulk of this is finished now, i can get on to showing off the cool applications after this. Here's the folded device with the elasticated head strap in place, flush against the back.

In 3DS mode:

Press the DS symbol and the two halves separate (lower screen turns off):

Flip the headstrap over to the front, and rotate the two panels until they lock (simple sliding spring mechanism):

Now the stereo cameras are operational, showing off the "face" of the system (grumpiness can be altered!):

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I decided to take a break from Mario Kart 8 last night and decided to change it up and play Ittle Dew. So far, I'm having a blast. The wit and humor is spot on. Some of the puzzles were easy, but some took some time to think through. Actually looking forward to getting home and playing more tonight. If you want a Zelda-lite experience that deals more with puzzles than anything else, check it out.

I understand this completely. I think after every e3 we might not think were tired, but we are. The other day I was talking to LSB and told him ima have to have me a break aswell. It's a lot of work that goes into everything around here. And it's good work, that free time tho had to come sooner or later. And right now as busy as real life is I'm fighting tooth and nail to find some silence.

So yeah CoV I get it. And myself I'll do the same for awhile. It dosent mean we're leaving lol I mean come on who can do that. Finding that time for ourselves is important tho so do what ya do old friend, cause ima do the same.
Well I'm planning on not gaming much til Hyrule Warriors come out. Like I said, I'll still play Cod or Mario Kart here and there, but nothing major.

I think my problem is that video games were always my way of escaping whatever troubles I had throughout my life, and now it seems like I'm just too dependant on them to make my problems go away. But they don't, so I'm just gonna take the summer to chill and try and cheer the fuck up

And matt, I went to work the other day and there was this cute girl there. She asked for my buisness card, I told her I dont have one, then she asked for my number (for work). I told her I'm not allowed to give out my work number....she didn't catch on

At this rate, I may get a girl's number in....5 years. :p

Look, I can at least remotely understand pronouncing the 3ds as 3dees and pretty much some of the recent past screw ups, but seriously? Was there no editor? Or does everyone at LA times report on (PRINT!) things they have no understanding of?

Come Tapatalk at me, bro.

Look, I can at least remotely understand pronouncing the 3ds as 3dees and pretty much some of the recent past screw ups, but seriously? Was there no editor? Or does everyone at LA times report on (PRINT!) things they have no understanding of?

Come Tapatalk at me, bro.
I capped this yesterday from Bloomberg.

Also they're wrong because SPLATOON IS GONNA BE THE NEXT MARIO KART

To be honest, I felt like Conan the first time I played Super Smash Bros Melee. TO much chaos and no idea what I was doing.
Yeah, I believe my first experience was Melee at a friend's house. It was fun, but I was confused as Hell. I knew who a good portion of the characters were, but some like Captain Falcon and the FE characters threw me off. And of course the actual gameplay left me a bit bewildered. And I was immediately thrown in to four player matches with my other friends. So it was incredibly chaotic and confusing for me. But I got a little bit better.

I remember finally got my own copy the following Christmas I think. I remember playing that all night with friends.

Awesome.

Hopefully they keep that with X.
Well, I thought a good portion of the English dub was good, but some of it could get... iffy. Some of it was a little goofy. Like the Faced Mechon. But the whoever voiced Fiora? Dear God.... I dunno if that was them or the directing. But that needed some work. Maybe I'll do Japanese VA for the New Game+

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Somehow I got myself back in here. Naturally, I'm distracting myself when I'm supposed to be doing my job. E3 was good. The standouts for me were Sunshine Overdrive, Inside, LittleBig Planet 3, Ori and the Blind Forest.

Splatoon eventually grew on me. The teaser for Zelda was torture. I wanted to see something playable. And doesn't anyone think the art-style is reminiscent of The Last Guardian or Shadow of the Colussus?

And why no show for Starfox?! They simply just indicated it's coming. Still, I'm patiently waiting for them to reveal that new Metroid I know they wanted to show, but is somehow keeping it from us. How do I know.....heh, heh, heh.....

I'm personally worried about No Man's Sky. The game is also getting too much hype so I'm even more so. The gameplay shown was especially worrying, although I won't say exactly what's bothering me.

And finally, I didn't care about AssCreed Unity when it showed up, but somehow the new details are becoming somewhat interesting.

theMightyME

they didn't even add Splatoon to the list EVEN THOUGH IT WAS PLAYABLE, it took people complaining for them to add it.
yeah.. it is a complete joke... everyone is bitching left and right about how horrid the non-Nintendo conferences were this year but then it is as if they don't even consider Nintendo is playing a part at all... and it has pretty much been all positive on the Nintendo front... it is funny watching some reactions to the conference.. I watched the game informer reaction.. they dismissed x as if it was barbies horsez, just basically said it existed had a moment of awkward silence and moved on as if the game was embarrassing, I watched the video of giant bomb talking over the conference and they were trying REALLY REALLY hard to say negative stuff and you could see them hitting a wall

it is embarrassing for the video game journalism industry

if anything e3 has made me hate these big sites even more

I have a friend who sued to be a big nintendo fan and now is pretty much I dunno how to put it... apathetic I guess? he just mostly plays games on pc now, and he doesn't have a wii u yet (though he IS getting one, it is just matter of when)... he watched all of e3 and said that Nintendo absolutely smoked the competition... that the other events were painful to watch, he called out sony and ms on tons of bullshit, said ea and ubisoft were boring as hell, etc... and he normally wouldn't be this way about nintendo.... but as apathetic as he is... he really didn't have anything negative to say about nintendo at all, and inf act kept talking about how he has to think about when he gets a wii u (he started wanting one when he played mk8 at my house)... he wants to wait until there is momentum... so Is aid probably the end of the year.. since 2015 is so loaded and both smash and kart will be out by then

so yeah, for him, who has completely shed all trace of fanboyism in any direction... Nintendo was the only one who even mattered

his wording I believe was that microsoft was too scared to do anything, and sony was asking for a lot of undeserved faith

he compared the conferences to recent HBO show silicon valley, which lampooned tech companies and their use of buzz word key phrases that mean nothing

Nintendo OWNED this e3
edit: to add to that... they didn't just own it.. they redefined it... their live stage streams and shorter more concrete presentation with funny skits and such completely redefined what an e3 could be for a company... It was like this was Nintendo at e3 2020, and the rest were themselves at e3 2000... the others just looked antiquated, as much shit as Nintendo gets for beign behind the times.. they were WAY ahead of everyone else at e3 this year...

Last edited:

theMightyME

I swear the success of this Treehouse stream is giving Sony and MS ideas.
Its gonna be pretty funny when Sony and MS do similar things next year and everyone calls it "fresh ideas".

Next year is gonna be pretty good for the fans.
" this e3 we will be streaming content to our fans via Sony clubhouse"

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I want to off myself.

Posting from a party on Tapatalk.
Dude are you being serious or what...? Cause if you're serious and need to talk about it, we are here dog.... If you are just playing.... Then fuck you....

Serious gamez we all friends here man.... What's going on bro...?

Cause ain't no brother of mine gonna be doing anything like off themself.... Not on my watch....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.