Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
You need to go smoke a joint on the beach man.

@theMightyME: Have you seen Dawn of the Planet of the Apes? I liked it a ton. I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night and it was really good too, but Dawn was the one I felt was great.
naw.. I didn't see the previous one either.. I just was never interested.. it is one of those I will eventually try and catch

in other news.. halt and catch fire was excellente

will be doing a review soon, have another one written up for hemlock grove that I am tidying up, and mike has one for the killing.

I am also planning an article about paywalls vs advertising and other ways in which we "pay" for TV... but I am a bit blocked on it now... everytime I try to write I fuind myself getting too far off track trying to describe the american TV business... it really is a ridiculously complciated and convoluted thing but havign grown up with it and always being itnerested in TV I never realized how compelx it was to describe it hahaha... maybe I need an article about that first

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Today was chill. Somedays, I just need chill in my life.

Yesterday I played some MM3 for the first time in years; did an old person thing and used save states at checkpoints cause I didn't have time for that.

While there's a part of me that appreciates lives in MM games for what they are, sometimes having to redo the entire stage just annoys the crap outta me.

praisegrima

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Today was chill. Somedays, I just need chill in my life.

Yesterday I played some MM3 for the first time in years; did an old person thing and used save states at checkpoints cause I didn't have time for that.

While there's a part of me that appreciates lives in MM games for what they are, sometimes having to redo the entire stage just annoys the crap outta me.

praisegrima
MM3?

Can I say something about Dawn? Those posters are lies, they prominently show the bridge blowing up and in flames, that never fricking happens in the the movie.

I agree though, fantastic film.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
[first-world problems]

Anyone on T-Mobile? My cell service (Zact) got bought out by Sprint, who is now offering it through a service called Virgin Mobile Custom. What used to cost me about $18 a month is now gonna be about $25-$30 (the account patch over to VMC isn't exactly stable, either). And for that, I can just go to T-Mobile's $30 plan, that has unlimited text and data (buy a phone with WiFi-enabled calling, and I can get by with only 100 minutes talk time).

That is, if T-Mobile doesn't suck ass. I already know their data coverage can drop off a cliff to 2G.

[/first-world problems]
best movies of the year so far for me

1. Cap 2
2. Guardians of The Galaxy
3. 22 Jump Street
4. Edge of Tomorrow
5. Veronica Mars
6. Godzilla
7. Days of Future Past

I haven't watched a lot of them though

as for marvel movies:

10. anything with Hulk in the title
9. Iron Man 2
8. Thor 2
7. Iron Man 3
6. Iron Man
5. Thor
4. Cap
3. Guardians
2. Avengers
1. Cap 2
I'm going to see Guardians on Tuesday. I hope it's that high on my list.

I put the original Iron Man higher. Maybe second best, tbh. Avengers is great, but the last time I saw it, the dialog was such a quip-fest. Winter Solder spoiled me for Marvel movies (completely agree on it being number one). They took it up a notch there.

[ @mattavelle1 - I'm tellin' you, man. You can trust, Ty. The past two Cap movies have been damn good. Don't let the kitsch-y comic years bum ya.]

Last edited:

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
So have the Pillar Awards stopped this month...? I'm still waiting to see who won last months....

Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I think it's important others get an oppertunity to be acknowledged as a Pillar....

So many here deserve the honor....

Eva Green man............she's so attractive.....hmmmm............gunna have to see Sin City 2. Not just for Eva though!

Went to one pub and then another pub earlier, so that was good. Now is around the time where me and my mates are all getting ready for the Reading Festival in just over 2 weeks. Need to get a tent, supplies, w/e. If anyone wants to give me some music festival advice than go right ahead because I'll probs need it lol.
Eugh I still feel poopy, damn cold/headache....

Lyric of the Day:
"Now it's three in the morning and I'm trying to change your mind
Left you multiple missed calls and to my message you reply,
"Why'd you only call me when you're high?
Hi, why'd you only call me when you're high?"

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
I had this dream once that Eva green was dating doctor who, but he died, so she cloned him and have burn to him, then had sex with him... Wait that wasn't a dream that was an actual movie

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
Hey guys :) life is...busy D= I feel like that's all I ever say haha, but it's been busier than usual recently. It's all good though, do you remember how obsessed I was with Timesplitters? I actually met one of the devs who worked on those games recently. I could hardly contain my excitement. In fact, I didn't, I told him several times how much I loved the games. Probably too many times. Then I spilt my pint next to his bag. It was awkward.

I'll try and pop by some more, but for now, I'm gonna hit the hay! :)

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Eva Green man............she's so attractive.....hmmmm............gunna have to see Sin City 2. Not just for Eva though!

Went to one pub and then another pub earlier, so that was good. Now is around the time where me and my mates are all getting ready for the Reading Festival in just over 2 weeks. Need to get a tent, supplies, w/e. If anyone wants to give me some music festival advice than go right ahead because I'll probs need it lol.
Eugh I still feel poopy, damn cold/headache....

Lyric of the Day:
"Now it's three in the morning and I'm trying to change your mind
Left you multiple missed calls and to my message you reply,
"Why'd you only call me when you're high?
Hi, why'd you only call me when you're high?"

She has one of those faces that reminds me of Cate Blanchett: Not particularily beautiful, but by no means ugly either. They both have understated faces that make them attractive I think. And actually, for both of them, the eyes are what do it for me. :mmischief:

She has one of those faces that reminds me of Cate Blanchett: Not particularily beautiful, but by no means ugly either. They both have understated faces that make them attractive I think. And actually, for both of them, the eyes are what do it for me. :mmischief:
See I think her face is beautiful. I think her everything is beautiful. I want her.

Menashe

So have the Pillar Awards stopped this month...? I'm still waiting to see who won last months....

Don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I think it's important others get an oppertunity to be acknowledged as a Pillar....

So many here deserve the honor....
Oh man, busy times. I was lying in my bed today, watching Netflix, half-depressed about how I would possibly handle the amount of tasks that need to get done. On top of all that, we're making another Nintendo event in 13 days from now.

So, yes, I completely forgot that was one of the things that needed to be done. So, without further ado, I'll make that thread for the July Pillar.

I'm really happy to see you man! Once a month or so I'd wonder when you'd show up next. I was starting to think you were gone for good.

And you know what? This reminds me a bit of the good old times on IGN. The boards were around long enough that sometimes a person would disappear for a while, and then they'd just resurface one day and say hi to everyone. We'd all chat and hang out for a few days until they had to leave again. And then we'd have to wait until the next time they came around. I guess we're finally old enough as a forum for that experience to start happening again. And seriously, Jam, you were around right when these forums began. We knew you before you were this famous hot-shot video game musician. ;)

Last edited:

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Great Hyrule Warriors Direct! I will make an info thread when i get home tonight.
Edit: Looks like my services aren't needed!

Last edited:

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
best movies of the year so far for me

1. Cap 2
2. Guardians of The Galaxy
3. 22 Jump Street
4. Edge of Tomorrow
5. Veronica Mars
6. Godzilla
7. Days of Future Past

I haven't watched a lot of them though

as for marvel movies:

10. anything with Hulk in the title
9. Iron Man 2
8. Thor 2
7. Iron Man 3
6. Iron Man
5. Thor
4. Cap
3. Guardians
2. Avengers
1. Cap 2
Guardians of the Galaxy is my movie of the year. I have been having a crappy summer so when my parents took me and my siblings to watch it at midnight I was sooo happy. I had a smile on my face from beginning to end and even kept smiling after I left. Definitelly my favorite night of the summer. We need more movies like this.

ASuch

The Salt Master
Good stuff and bad stuff I found in the HW direct:

Good
-Zant, Ghirahim, and Ganondorf confirmed
-Adventure mode looks interesting
-Crafting/level ups look cool
-(hopefully) wide variety of items
-One player on gamepad, one on TV (something Mario Kart 8 couldn't do, smh)

Bad
-Zant, Ghirahim, and Ganondorf confirmed; those were all pretty safe characters; i want to see more characters that are out of the norm, like GROOSE IS LOOSE, Tingle maybe, and some Majora's Mask and Wind Waker characters
-Adventure mode could be quite boring, especially if it's only used for one run through
-again, no online
-DLC up the ass

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Good stuff and bad stuff I found in the HW direct:

Good
-Zant, Ghirahim, and Ganondorf confirmed
-Adventure mode looks interesting
-Crafting/level ups look cool
-(hopefully) wide variety of items
-One player on gamepad, one on TV (something Mario Kart 8 couldn't do, smh)

Bad
-Zant, Ghirahim, and Ganondorf confirmed; those were all pretty safe characters; i want to see more characters that are out of the norm, like GROOSE IS LOOSE, Tingle maybe, and some Majora's Mask and Wind Waker characters
-Adventure mode could be quite boring, especially if it's only used for one run through
-again, no online
-DLC up the ass
What does "DLC up the ass" mean? Like the game is gonna nickle and dime us to death?

EvilTw1n

What does "DLC up the ass" mean? Like the game is gonna nickle and dime us to death?
They showed off some DLC for different Zelda-themed costume sets (OoT, TP, SS), but I don't think it'll be anything integral that you're going to miss.

I liked what I saw in the Direct. This is a pretty huge piece of Zelda fanservice, so I'm all over this (plus, I was close to buying a discounted copy of Warriors Orochi 3 before they announced Hyrule Warriors).

But the lack of online co-op really does bum me out. It's not even that this sort of game screams for it - at best, we'd probably be talking about two players going through stages that you've already beaten offline. That's not integral in the slightest, but it'd still be fun to have.

Well that blows, its exactly what I expected, fucking salmonella infection. I need to find out who to blame for this.
Not too bad apparently, said I should be back to normal in a day or two, whatever, this still sucks. Agh.

Costume DLC as a preorder bonus for specific retailers. Pretty lame, whatever, everything else is looking pretty great.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite

she's got that "i lost my virginity at 12 and it fucked me up in the head, plus i have daddy issues and you're the only thing in my life that will ever matter and i'm totally obsessed and in love with you but if you leave me i will climb through your window at night and stab you and your new girlfriend to death in your sleep because i'm a fucking psychotic hottie" look.

EvilTw1n

she's got that "i lost my virginity at 12 and it fucked me up in the head, plus i have daddy issues and you're the only thing in my life that will ever matter and i'm totally obsessed and in love with you but if you leave me i will climb through your window at night and stab you and your new girlfriend to death in your sleep because i'm a fucking psychotic hottie" look.
Well, she is French.

ASuch

The Salt Master
Basically just going full stupid AAA pre-order bonus exclusivity crap. One retailer gets you one set of skins, another one gives you a different one, etc. The idea that there's pre-order retailer exclusivity is absolute horseshit, and I hope it doesn't become a trend with Nintendo

Basically just going full stupid AAA pre-order bonus exclusivity crap. One retailer gets you one set of skins, another one gives you a different one, etc. The idea that there's pre-order retailer exclusivity is absolute horseshit, and I hope it doesn't become a trend with Nintendo
Pre-order dlc from retailers is usually no big deal since they tend to go up on the stores later or are just some crappy ass skin that is worthless.

You can ignore it 99# of the time unless your EA and your making entire game modes for Army of Two only available at gamestop and you wont sell it for DLC at a later date which is still meaningless in the long run since DLC isnt forever baby.

NOW WHICH ONE OF YoU GIGGINOXIN GIGGA'S HAVE THE GALL TO DISAGREE WITH ME? DA KILLER REAL.

Speakin' of MonHun, one of ya muhfukka's has to git gud with a heavy bowgun in MH4U cause those machines are BEEFY now. Im shit with those. lol

Any takers?

@Mike D. will probably enjoy the Charge Axe btw. That shit is fun.

Im probably going to stick to long swords/bows or mix it up with the insect staff

ASuch

The Salt Master
Pre-order dlc from retailers is usually no big deal since they tend to go up on the stores later or are just some crappy ass skin that is worthless.

You can ignore it 99# of the time unless your EA and your making entire game modes for Army of Two only available at gamestop and you wont sell it for DLC at a later date which is still meaningless in the long run since DLC isnt forever baby.
It's still bad and I'm still going to think of it as bad. I don't want Nintendo to eventually pull a Watch_Dogs with pre-order retailer exclusive bonuses all over the fucking place

It's still bad and I'm still going to think of it as bad. I don't want Nintendo to eventually pull a Watch_Dogs with pre-order retailer exclusive bonuses all over the fucking place
Watch Dogs was fucking terrible with that nonsense. Requiring a spread sheet to figure out which edition of a game to buy is lunacy. But that shit sold what? 5 million copies? Lol. Certainly didnt affect the game too badly, but its insane that it had collectors editions already. Its a new IP for christ sakes nobody has any affinity to this game XD.

But really is pre-order DLC that bad? You get stuff free

The problem is that DLC itself is bad. So is DLC made before a game's finished imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.