Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOW WHICH ONE OF YoU GIGGINOXIN GIGGA'S HAVE THE GALL TO DISAGREE WITH ME? DA KILLER REAL.

Speakin' of MonHun, one of ya muhfukka's has to git gud with a heavy bowgun in MH4U cause those machines are BEEFY now. Im shit with those. lol

Any takers?

@Mike D. will probably enjoy the Charge Axe btw. That shit is fun.

Im probably going to stick to long swords/bows or mix it up with the insect staff
I've been boning up on my HBG game recently, have gotten pretty comfy with them. So they've changed fro the better huh? Thats nice. Probably wont buy the game though, dont see myself enjoying the 3DS style of play.

ASuch

The Salt Master
The main issue with the pre-order retailer exclusive DLC is that you have to pick and choose one of them. You can't get all the skins, you can only get one. And what if the skin you want is from a retailer you don't want to buy from for whatever reason? Just because a game sold well doesn't mean that the business behind it is also good. Sure, pre-order exclusives help drive early buyers and jack up the sales, but it's still a disadvantage to the consumer.

Watch Dogs was also on every platform known to man practically; if anything, those sales are a bit low

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
All those retailer-exclusive skins should be unlockables given to the player as reward for beating the game in different difficulties.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
@Laer_HeiSeiRyuu I have no clue which weapons I'll go with in MH4. I'm even tempted to keep using the Greatsword to see how different it is now that you can use it while jumping; but I already used it for like 700 hours in MHTri and 3U, so I really should try something else.

All the new weapons do look baller, and maybe I'll even try the heavy bowgun for a while.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@Laer_HeiSeiRyuu I have no clue which weapons I'll go with in MH4. I'm even tempted to keep using the Greatsword to see how different it is now that you can use it while jumping; but I already used it for like 700 hours in MHTri and 3U, so I really should try something else.

All the new weapons do look baller, and maybe I'll even try the heavy bowgun for a while.
If I get it I'm all about the bow for sure, then maybe something else.

Hullo TNE. If anyone is playing MK8/MH3U/whatever soon lemme know I might be able to join.

That Hyrule Warriors Direct was rather meh, we knew about 90% of it all ready. It was more a Direct for someone who isn;t in the loop, and the main audience of Direct's will be in the loop anyway most likely. Oh wells.

Time for some vidya.

Oh and I'm feeling better, so that's good I guess.

Lyric of the Day:
"He said "listen up
Boy, now here's the squeeze
You'd rather die on your feet
Than live a life on your knees"
"

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Going to see Guardians of the Galaxy tonight. Probably the only thing that can make a crappy Tuesday of useless office work redeemable.
T-mobile is even worse
Yikes. I'mma give Virgin a month or so to iron things out, 'cause I'm nice like that (and absorbing and integrating a small MVNO can't be easy). But at least T-Mobile has a speedy network. Anything running through Sprint is molasses.
If I get it I'm all about the bow for sure, then maybe something else.
I'd most definitely be trying out the new dual blades. Just because it's the same weapon type doesn't mean it'll be exactly the same.

The Insect Glaive, though...I admit that is an intriguing weapon. I'd love to try that out.

...assuming we ever get MH4U on the Wii U, of course.

Last edited:

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
man shit is goin good. especially without women in my life. just cutting them all off cold turkey has made every day a breeze. focusing on myself and myself alone. fucking loving it. this new job? way more dough, but i've decided to treat it like a stepping stone. still interviewing. had a great one with the chicago tribune today. it's not a lock, but they say they wanna pay me more. i'm fuckin giddy, gimme tree fiddy.

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
Oh man, busy times. I was lying in my bed today, watching Netflix, half-depressed about how I would possibly handle the amount of tasks that need to get done. On top of all that, we're making another Nintendo event in 13 days from now.

So, yes, I completely forgot that was one of the things that needed to be done. So, without further ado, I'll make that thread for the July Pillar.

I'm really happy to see you man! Once a month or so I'd wonder when you'd show up next. I was starting to think you were gone for good.

And you know what? This reminds me a bit of the good old times on IGN. The boards were around long enough that sometimes a person would disappear for a while, and then they'd just resurface one day and say hi to everyone. We'd all chat and hang out for a few days until they had to leave again. And then we'd have to wait until the next time they came around. I guess we're finally old enough as a forum for that experience to start happening again. And seriously, Jam, you were around right when these forums began. We knew you before you were this famous hot-shot video game musician. ;)
Thanks Menashe :) it's been fantastic to watch TNE grow from where it was when I joined, to where it's got to now. It's great to receive such a warm welcome when I come back, but really, I never actually leave :p haha

In fact, I am heavily indebted to you and this forum, as all of my audio-for-games experience (prior to going in-house) originated here. For which I am eternally grateful! So I don't think I could ever leave to be honest, and i don't think I'd ever want to :p

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Thanks Menashe :) it's been fantastic to watch TNE grow from where it was when I joined, to where it's got to now. It's great to receive such a warm welcome when I come back, but really, I never actually leave :p haha

In fact, I am heavily indebted to you and this forum, as all of my audio-for-games experience (prior to going in-house) originated here. For which I am eternally grateful! So I don't think I could ever leave to be honest, and i don't think I'd ever want to :p
This is it! You will always be welcome here with open arms Running!

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
@mattavelle1
this one is for you buddy

went to target today

also, I went looking for my old comic books, apparently comic books from the late 80s and early 90s are completely worthless :(

I found my old magic cards (sold like 4 for $100), my old baseball and basketball cards (no idea how to sell those) and in all of that mess I found a big batch of some of my garbage pail kids cards as well as my blue binder with atom bomb on the cover

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@mattavelle1
this one is for you buddy

went to target today

also, I went looking for my old comic books, apparently comic books from the late 80s and early 90s are completely worthless :(

I found my old magic cards (sold like 4 for $100), my old baseball and basketball cards (no idea how to sell those) and in all of that mess I found a big batch of some of my garbage pail kids cards as well as my blue binder with atom bomb on the cover
I'm gonna have to get my old ones out and look at them. This is amazing that there back I can't believe that.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
are you going to get your sons into them? second generation garbage pail kids fans.. you could even dig up the old movie lol
LMAO you and I Mighty might be the only humans left that remember that (awesome at the time) awful movie!

But yeah you know ima look for them and possibly do like my Father did and buy him a pack on Friday after work. That would be pretty cool barring I can find them.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
lol... isn't that how things normally work?
Perhaps it's what the developers had originally intended, but due to technology of the time, this was not possible. Now though, with the internet, and digital distribution, it's plausible the developers have always wanted it this way from the start.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Rich people and their insane houses, jesus.

That reminds me of a mansion me and some friends entered about 3 weeks ago, during our roadtrip, in Newport, Rhode Island. The house belonged to some rich catholic dude, and inside there were all sorts of massive paintings and frescos on the walls and ceilings, at least on the first floor, which was the only area of the mansion we were allowed to see. Of course there were also statues outside, and a garden. Fucking rich people man.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty darn good. Marvel knows what they're doing; they didn't follow up Winter Soldier with something else trying to equal the dark and serious tone of Cap 2. Guardians is good fun, as much a send-up of sci-fi space operas as it is a comic book movie. It's kind of divided up into thirds.
1- Info dump, but as well done as one could be.
2- Action scenes melting into plot, but kind of aimless here and there.
3- Badass finale.

For a movie I wasn't even sure if I wanted to see, I ended up really enjoying it.

[ @BobSilencieux - Damn dude. Really slumming it now, aren't you?]
http://tventhusiast.com/review/the-killing-season-4-review-part-1/
show our boy mike some love in the comments... our comments are lonely
Thanks for letting me write for the site. I enjoyed doing that as a two-parter. It's rare for me to punch out nearly 3,000 words anymore.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Rich people and their insane houses, jesus.

That reminds me of a mansion me and some friends entered about 3 weeks ago, during our roadtrip, in Newport, Rhode Island. The house belonged to some rich catholic dude, and inside there were all sorts of massive paintings and frescos on the walls and ceilings, at least on the first floor, which was the only area of the mansion we were allowed to see. Of course there were also statues outside, and a garden. Fucking rich people man.
i've been to newport like a dozen times, and yeah, those houses are fucking ridic. money money money money money.

Status
Not open for further replies.