Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
Simply your very kind, but ET don't even got a 3DS. His pic was making fun of the horde who came thru last night wantin dem codes.
Haha, I'll keep that one for someone else then. Thanks for letting me know. I'm late to the code giving party due to the plague I had yesterday that is now thankfully gone. So...still have one more code!

The demo is cool and all, but idk how @Mr-Chris and @FriedShoes can play it the whole day. There's only 4 characters to chose from and 1 level . . .
I didnt play it all day. I did play a lot though, spent time trying out various match-ups and seeing what I can pull out of each of the *FIVE charcters. So far I've just been focusing on my Mario game and am pretty pleased with him, FLUDD aside (which is why I'll probably gravitate towards Doc Mario).
And I got local people with codes/ that are gonna get the demo so we can play that whenever we watch wrestling or something together. At least until the game releases.

Today is going pretty solid.

Bought Death From Above 1979's album. Listening to it now and so far it's bloody fantastic. Also bought Mega Man 7 on the eshop. So playing that while listening. I use to do this all the time in high school, pick up the latest album while playing through the newest game.

Feeling pretty nostalgic in St. John's today. Even chatted it up with the cutie who sold me the album.

Hey fellas. Hmmm, it is all fellas, isn't it? No girls in this CT? That strikes me as in issue that needs to be looked into and rectified. Nobody likes an overwhelming sausage-fest.

Correction: one or two of you probably enjoy an overwhelming sausage-fest. But what you get up to in the privacy of your own bedrooms is none of my business. The privacy of your own front room, bathroom, kitchen; the privacy of hard up against your front door as soon as you get home from work because you can't keep your hands off each other is none of my business.

I'll tell you what's going on in the privacy of my bedroom right now: nothing, that's what. Nothing exciting, not for a few weeks now. There's a girl at work who is absolutely adorable, though. I came THIS CLOSE to asking her out after work today. Then i didn't. I've spent the last week asking every question i can think of to try and discover if she has a boyfriend, without asking if she has a boyfriend. The problem with this is that every question can only possibly confirm that she does have a boyfriend, or leave it uncertain. For example, "who do you live with?" could be answered with "I live with my boyfriend" which would be confirmation of a boyfriend, or "I live with roommates" which could mean that she has a boyfriend but she just doesn't live with him. Damn, that's annoying. Sod it, I'm gonna ask her out next time i see her.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Hey fellas. Hmmm, it is all fellas, isn't it? No girls in this CT? That strikes me as in issue that needs to be looked into and rectified. Nobody likes an overwhelming sausage-fest.

Correction: one or two of you probably enjoy an overwhelming sausage-fest. But what you get up to in the privacy of your own bedrooms is none of my business. The privacy of your own front room, bathroom, kitchen; the privacy of hard up against your front door as soon as you get home from work because you can't keep your hands off each other is none of my business.

I'll tell you what's going on in the privacy of my bedroom right now: nothing, that's what. Nothing exciting, not for a few weeks now. There's a girl at work who is absolutely adorable, though. I came THIS CLOSE to asking her out after work today. Then i didn't. I've spent the last week asking every question i can think of to try and discover if she has a boyfriend, without asking if she has a boyfriend. The problem with this is that every question can only possibly confirm that she does have a boyfriend, or leave it uncertain. For example, "who do you live with?" could be answered with "I live with my boyfriend" which would be confirmation of a boyfriend, or "I live with roommates" which could mean that she has a boyfriend but she just doesn't live with him. Damn, that's annoying. Sod it, I'm gonna ask her out next time i see her.
Don't be scared

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
The no chicks thing is an interesting topic though. I know in the past Menashe has expressed interest in gaining female members.

We're aren't a sexist bunch or anything. We have some females before but they have left. I'm not sure what's up.

I think we just keep doing what we do. Let the dice fall where they may.
Yep this

The no chicks thing is an interesting topic though. I know in the past Menashe has expressed interest in gaining female members.

We're aren't a sexist bunch or anything. We have some females before but they have left. I'm not sure what's up.

I think we just keep doing what we do. Let the dice fall where they may.
you write this, but today I found out I made Allison Rapp's (one of the Nintendo Treehouse girls) hate document... so I might not be the best example heeho.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear

Just play it cool, and say, "What do you do outside of work? Enjoy movies, want to go see a movie sometime, or maybe grab some coffee or tea?" If she says she has a BF then, well, you have your answer. Then again, she might think of you as a good co-worker, so she may want to still hang out with you, but only a friends. And then you get into the friendzone, which I've been in far too many times.

I'm too much of a gentlemen in front of women, which should in theory bring them to me, but it appears to have the opposite effect. The last four women I've had crushes on all practically rejected me, or outright said, "I'm seeing someone," which sometimes really means, "I'm making a person up on the spot, because I don't want to date you."

You also get the women (especially when they're drunk, this happens a lot) they'll say something along the lines of, "If I weren't in a relationship, I'd be all over you." This effectively translate to, "I would never date you, but I'm at least giving you the encouragement to make you think you have a shot with me. We're still just friends though, right?"

And on and on and on.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
That's exactly what I did. The stock one sounded like a vacuum cleaner under load, so I got the Cooler Master Evo 212 and used Artic Silver 5 thermal paste. idle temps were in the mid 30's.

The computer itself is no louder than a whisper really. You can clearly hear the fans going, but it's not obnoxious by any stretch.
Oh ok, yeah that's about the same I did. Just last night, though, my Cooler Master fan refused to work a few times, so I had to pop the case open and see what's up. Apparently having a bit of dust buildup was enough to prevent the fan from spinning. I just cleaned it up and it worked fine again. It's strange because the fan that came with the CPU could go for years without cleaning, but this one hasn't had but 5 months, more or less, and it was enough to stop working. At least it's simple maintenance.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Oh ok, yeah that's about the same I did. Just last night, though, my Cooler Master fan refused to work a few times, so I had to pop the case open and see what's up. Apparently having a bit of dust buildup was enough to prevent the fan from spinning. I just cleaned it up and it worked fine again. It's strange because the fan that came with the CPU could go for years without cleaning, but this one hasn't had but 5 months, more or less, and it was enough to stop working. At least it's simple maintenance.
Maintenance is key for big desktop computers (not as crucial with laptops as I've haven't done much cleaning for my Macbook Pro in the five years I've had it) Every once in a great while you should use some compressed air to clean and blow out the air. And then while using the compressed air, have a vacuum with the hose attachment to pick up all the dust that is flying around.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Maintenance is key for big desktop computers (not as crucial with laptops as I've haven't done much cleaning for my Macbook Pro in the five years I've had it) Every once in a great while you should use some compressed air to clean and blow out the air. And then while using the compressed air, have a vacuum with the hose attachment to pick up all the dust that is flying around.
Don't worry, it's not that I don't know how important it is to pop the case open often. It's that I've been too lazy to do it since back with my first computers when I was a kid.

"Pop the computer open to blow off the dust? Bitch I got games to beat, nobody got time for that!"

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I need to do this so bad....

Just came back from playing smash on a Japanese 3ds. I realize a couple of things. Playing on the XL is so much better, taking off up to jump makes the up tilts so much better, rosalina is super fun to play as, need some practice but I want to main her. I still don't like swordsmen but I want to give a try to Robin and shulk, shulk has quite the range and power but slow. And most importantly, I still kick ass with olimar. All is right with the universe

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
To all the Facebook users coming in: the post was made to see if you guys wanted to come and share codes among yourselves, I believe (I'm not the Facebook administrator that made the post, however, so I only speculate).

We don't actually have any codes, save for the random regulars who may come in with codes later. But I'm sure these regulars would rather keep the codes to hand them out to their friends, online or IRL, than to strangers - if they do hand them to strangers, good on them for being such good philantropists, of course.

Sorry you feel misled by the Facebook post, but we really don't have a secret stash of codes like you may think.
@Blue_Blur76 ^ read above

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
oh I thought you meant you were gonna put out the entire code
DAMMIT
Sniping potential lost because I was too busy eating cuy.
Sorry for your lose sniper. But a funny story came out of it. So sit back and listen.

My son, I knew he would be excited......but man is he excited!

So we download the code and it is downloading. Now my 5 year old son looks up at me with the most serious look and says these words.

"It's happening"

I thought of that gif with the old white dude and laughed. He's sitting here next to me and says now that it's downloaded "your the bestest ever dad". Yeah I took credit and smiled but I let him know that my words "it's because daddy has great friends who hook us up". It makes me happy to not only be a part of y'all here, but also to see my son get pumped for a really fun game.

@jorgejjvr man I didn't expect quite this reaction. But huge props to you. You don't know how happy this boy is.

Status
Not open for further replies.