Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
HNNNG these bayo 2 gfy images I recorded a little while ago. Please watch them, though keep in mind that they get increasingly spoilery even if they're all from Chapter 1 (you know how crazy chapter 1 was in W101, same deal here):

http://gfycat.com/NeatScratchyBobolink
http://gfycat.com/QuickBasicChanticleer
http://gfycat.com/BewitchedExcellentCock
http://gfycat.com/GrizzledRawAmericanbittern
http://gfycat.com/ObeseBruisedHoki
http://gfycat.com/HideousActiveBlowfish
http://gfycat.com/PaltryHandyLangur

Each of these files is between 3 and 4 MB. That's just about the size of this gif:

I'd say that's a pretty sweet technological advancement.

Last edited:
Quick testing.
http://gfycat.com/NecessarySereneGiantschnauzer

Meh, can't embed gfy here. But click on the link above to watch the high quality version of this, just for kicks.

edit: nevermind, just remembered that the point of gfy is to turn large gif or video files into small files. So the gif was massive when I embedded it here, it's not do-able. The relatively good news is that embedding gfy is possible on our front page articles, so at least I'll be giving that a try in the meantime.
this could all be solved with webm compatibility!
*nudge*nudge*

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.

Gonna get owned some more at WattaCoody.
Huh. I was expecting way more double jumping.
HNNNG these bayo 2 gfy images I recorded a little while ago. Please watch them, though keep in mind that they get increasingly spoilery even if they're all from Chapter 1 (you know how crazy chapter 1 was in W101, same deal here):

http://gfycat.com/NeatScratchyBobolink
http://gfycat.com/QuickBasicChanticleer
http://gfycat.com/BewitchedExcellentCock
http://gfycat.com/GrizzledRawAmericanbittern
http://gfycat.com/ObeseBruisedHoki
http://gfycat.com/HideousActiveBlowfish
http://gfycat.com/PaltryHandyLangur

Each of these files is between 3 and 4 MB. That's just about the size of this gif:

I'd say that's a pretty sweet technological advancement.
I really gotta play more Bayo soon.

But now you need to make a gfy or gif of Stains the cupcake dog having flashbacks of Bayonetta attacks.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
***Warning - Election Related Post***

Today is election day. Get out there and vote.
I'm voting because I want to have a hand in the laws created that affect me. Even if you "don't care about politics", remember that some of us are deeply affected by laws made even if you aren't. So please vote, if not for yourself then for your neighbor. We have a responsibility to each other.
BAD politicians are elected by GOOD people who don't vote.

***Thus ends my Election commentary***

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
***Warning - Election Related Post***

Today is election day. Get out there and vote.
I'm voting because I want to have a hand in the laws created that affect me. Even if you "don't care about politics", remember that some of us are deeply affected by laws made even if you aren't. So please vote, if not for yourself then for your neighbor. We have a responsibility to each other.
BAD politicians are elected by GOOD people who don't vote.

***Thus ends my Election commentary***
Got on my "I voted" sticker as I write this. Ditch Mitch Ky!

Just beat Demon's Crest. Very fun but holy shit so short and easy. Once you find the Armour talisman and "L. Gargoyle" Crest, game over as far as challenge goes. Even the last boss didn't come close to beating me.

But I still love it. I can see this game being a "I'm bored and need to kill an hour" game. I'll probably beat it 3 more times this year :p

Gonna finish Ballpoint then go to Bayonetta 2. Probably get Shantae afterwards....or re-try Symphony of the Night. Maybe I can beat it this time

EvilTw1n

Just beat Demon's Crest. Very fun but holy shit so short and easy. Once you find the Armour talisman and "L. Gargoyle" Crest, game over as far as challenge goes. Even the last boss didn't come close to beating me.
For some reason, when I read this I thought "Dragon's Crown." And now I want to replay Muramasa.
Got on my "I voted" sticker as I write this. Ditch Mitch Ky!
458388082.jpg

[But seriously, he's probably gonna be our new Senate majority leader. There's a cheery thought.]

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
For some reason, when I read this I thought "Dragon's Crown." And now I want to replay Muramasa.

View attachment 1399

[But seriously, he's probably gonna be our new Senate majority leader. There's a cheery thought.]
Yeah my mom is kinda pissed at me because I'm realistic in my speech. I told her (were a huge democratic family) that 99% he would win again and would probably never be voted out. He would have too die to lose.

Why do I think that? Because he caters to the farmers and biggest business people here in Ky. Aka the people who will 100% vote, the people who live to vote. People who tell there employees that McConnall gives them jobs here and let's them off work to go and vote for him.

Sad but true

EvilTw1n

Yeah my mom is kinda pissed at me because I'm realistic in my speech. I told her (were a huge democratic family) that 99% he would win again and would probably never be voted out. He would have too die to lose.
Hell, that's true of most Congressional seats, though. Everyone wants to blame politicians for being politicians, but nobody ever wants to think that maybe something is up with the voters, too.

[Unlike George, I do vote, though. Quixotic as it may be during a mid-term.]

There is a lot of power sliding in this one.

praisegrima
Looks like you're getting comfy with the double jump, too.

Watching these vids makes me wonder if I'm gonna have to brush up with twin sticks. Because I don't know if Splatoon or Devil's Third will support the Wiimote.

Those few minutes from the Doom movie still make me sick, no thanks.

Snowpiercer is on Netflix, so I spent money on nothing :p
Great and weird action/scifi/post-apocalypse/black comedy film.
Go watch it when you can.

This looks so BOSS!!!

Now I wonder if watching a full movie from this perspective could work, but first impressions are this could be interesting.
oh, I forgot to mention the movie Enter The Void (also on Netflix), which has a good chunk of its scenes shot in a first person view. Not in that Go-Pro yucky-fisheye nonsense though, but its also not an action film (stuffy, artsy melodrama trash). It can be interesting, but I think a lot is lost and very little is gained with having only that viewpoint especially in an action movie.

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
I voted today also! Its weird voting in a small town (10,000 in the town, 82,000 in my county although 250,000+ in the county next door) . My Great Aunt was one of the election clerks, I sat down to work on voting then look up to see my Uncle sitting next to me. After talking to him I turn to my right and see the person that I work on photography for our school yearbook. Most of the election clerks in there were former teachers or librarians at my old school. Oh, and I didn't have to wait! I had to show my ID like 4 or 5 times and they had to confirm my address along with it but it wasn't a huge deal. It was mostly to vote on county-wide taxing issues and such.

What was voting like for everyone else? I've never lived in a city long enough to vote in an election and am curious what its like to go through the voting booths with a ton of people around.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I've moved since the last election, so I had to register at a different polling place. The thing is my roommate texted me earlier today saying how the process wasn't as straight forward as it should've been, as you register via computer, print out the form, give it to the clerk, and he'll sign it, and then you'll get your voting ticket. Traditionally, if you needed to register, you fill out a form (with proper ID of course) with the clerk nearby or sitting next to you, get your ticket stub, and then your ballot.

My roommate made it seem as if the process was so arguous as it took himself and his GF over an hour for the whole process. I went in after work, went in, registered, voted, and was out within a half-hour. My roommates just have the worst luck for everything.

Whenever we order food, mine always comes out fine. Every single time I've ordered Papa Johns, my pizza has come out perfectly, and this is only when it comes to food. All the other times we've done things together, it's always been fine for me, but for either them both or one of them, something goes wrong.

Sometimes I wonder if my roommates (also very great friends btw) just have bad luck, or if there's something going on that causes them to have this luck. Or it could be they blow things way out of proportion to the point where I think of them as typical, and not unusual.

simplyTravis

I've moved since the last election, so I had to register at a different polling place. The thing is my roommate texted me earlier today saying how the process wasn't as straight forward as it should've been, as you register via computer, print out the form, give it to the clerk, and he'll sign it, and then you'll get your voting ticket. Traditionally, if you needed to register, you fill out a form (with proper ID of course) with the clerk nearby or sitting next to you, get your ticket stub, and then your ballot.

My roommate made it seem as if the process was so arguous as it took himself and his GF over an hour for the whole process. I went in after work, went in, registered, voted, and was out within a half-hour. My roommates just have the worst luck for everything.

Whenever we order food, mine always comes out fine. Every single time I've ordered Papa Johns, my pizza has come out perfectly, and this is only when it comes to food. All the other times we've done things together, it's always been fine for me, but for either them both or one of them, something goes wrong.

Sometimes I wonder if my roommates (also very great friends btw) just have bad luck, or if there's something going on that causes them to have this luck. Or it could be they blow things way out of proportion to the point where I think of them as typical, and not unusual.
Wow, that is kind of extraneous but I can see how it would help in counting everything with their system being automated. Everything in ours was done by hand. I'm sure they count the ballots later with a machine but I signed my name on paper, they highlight my name/address and I signed that it was correct, and when I got my ballot I penciled it in with an Ebony pencil which is really hard to erase but my name was nowhere on the ballot to keep it from being associated with my vote.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Here everything is fill in the bubble, slide thru a machine and it counts it. Really simple and I had no wait in line cause I do my voting before I go to work. So this morning I was at the polls by 6:15

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Looks like you're getting comfy with the double jump, too.

Watching these vids makes me wonder if I'm gonna have to brush up with twin sticks. Because I don't know if Splatoon or Devil's Third will support the Wiimote.

For some reason, my body has started treating the game as a faster paced Metroid Prime 2 (in terms of multiplayer) - except without lock-on, of course.

praisegrima

simplyTravis

Last thing of the night:

I'm really digging this interview between Conan O'Brien and Jack White. It reminds me of conversations I would have with my college friends at 2 am in a coffee shop cramming for tests. I feel like I could grab a glass of whiskey or coffee and a cigar and just chill out with these guys. I think really clouding myself from serious, opinionated conversation as a public figure (in other words, what I may think can cause issues with the thousands of parents that I come in contact with yearly if it got out in to the ethos no matter what I think or say) makes me yearn for those days when I could say what I thought without worries of repercussions because we were all finding where our thought processes worked out. Also, most people I consider my colleagues these days I know on such a shallow level since most of the once I would confide in have moved on to greener, less tumultuous pastures I do find myself closing myself off more.

So unfortunately I use some of you folks at TNE for this outlet which I have been pleasantly surprised at the quality of folks around here who can discuss opinions passionately without dismissing people out of your lives completely.

Ok, enough blabbering, interview link time!

Koenig

The Architect
One does have to wonder...(At least if you are completely mad like I am)
What would a new Metroid Multiplayer game look like? I could actually see a spin-off series based around the battles between the Federation and Space Pirates; with bounty hunters being playable Battlefront style.

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
You know what's awesome? Projects completed while completely sleep deprived because some ass-hat doesn't have any conception of/respect for the time involved in the things they've requested. Incidentally, why did we ever stop doing this to the wealthy? Excess?! Pfft! If anything it's understated.

You know what else is awesome? This...

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
@Majorbuddah

Dude I know you got your keys taken, but I wanna tackle the realist issue at hand. How's your fantasy team? Mine sucks big time.

Next year I'm in on a TNE league. I'm still gonna do my 16 man league but I need another aswell that way if I suck at least I may have a chance in another.
I'm 4-5 now. So not great. I won this past week despite a number of my starters being on bye. I lucked out though - being a Patriots fan and choosing Brady early has been saving my ass. A TNE league would be very fun next season!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
A friend just lent me these phones since I broke mine some time ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-...UTF8&qid=1415178263&sr=8-1&keywords=RP-HTF600

Here's the thing. My old good phones, the Sennheiser HD280 Pro, cost me about $80, and they were discounted. I thought they were worth the price, really loved those phones and had them for nearly 5 years. After they broke, I spent about $30 on some mediocre phones to last me while I saved money for some real phones later. These headphones were a large step down, but I thought they were very good for the price.

But these headphones my friend just lent me, the ones in the picture above? They cost around $30, the same as my mediocre placeholder phones, and they're better than my old HD 280 pair. Of course I'll have to find out if this holds with time, but right now? Goddamn, I'm impressed. And if any of y'all is looking to get good listening headphones, I seriously recommend you try these. They're an absolute steal at the price.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
These news made me laugh pretty hard.

-----------

Dele Adebola: I do not have Ebola

He has been asked if he has virus because of jokes relating to his name

JAMES ORR

Friday 10 October 2014

PRINT
A
A A
Dele Adebola, the former Birmingham City and Coventry City striker, has been forced to deny that he has the deadly Ebola virus.

-------

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Here everything is fill in the bubble, slide thru a machine and it counts it. Really simple and I had no wait in line cause I do my voting before I go to work. So this morning I was at the polls by 6:15
We use paper as well for our ballots, and put it into the machine and it counts it, so if there's a discrepency with the voting, they can always count them by hand if needed.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Also let me tell y'all an addiction I have recently acquired.

I've taken a loving to finding out what y'all read and are interested in. So from my phone I will go to the "who's online list" and which ever one of you are there I will click on your name and see what thread your reading.

Now if you want something fun to do check this out and I wouldn't have discovered this if I had not gotten interested in what y'all are reading.

Under the who's online list you can normally find a person called @GeorgeKery (that's odd there isn't an alert for him). Anyhow I don't know if George is a robot, person, lurker or whatever I have PMed it before tho.

You will start to notice that George goes thru literally ever single thread we have. So as I click on his name I go back to really old threads and read thru them from time to time. And man there has been a lot of amazing stuff here over these many years.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
A friend just lent me these phones since I broke mine some time ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-...UTF8&qid=1415178263&sr=8-1&keywords=RP-HTF600

Here's the thing. My old good phones, the Sennheiser HD280 Pro, cost me about $80, and they were discounted. I thought they were worth the price, really loved those phones and had them for nearly 5 years. After they broke, I spent about $30 on some mediocre phones to last me while I saved money for some real phones later. These headphones were a large step down, but I thought they were very good for the price.

But these headphones my friend just lent me, the ones in the picture above? They cost around $30, the same as my mediocre placeholder phones, and they're better than my old HD 280 pair. Of course I'll have to find out if this holds with time, but right now? Goddamn, I'm impressed. And if any of y'all is looking to get good listening headphones, I seriously recommend you try these. They're an absolute steal at the price.
In business school, they taught us about the concept and importance of prestige pricing. Check it out breh.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prestige+pricing

Last edited:

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I think it's supposed to turn your game pad into a fancy remote for your TV, but I'll never know for sure, since it's broken, unusable and worthless.

God damn I'm cranky in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.