Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki

So this is interesting:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/30/rumour-nintendo-direct-on-april-1st/

This report came out yesterday, which was before the ND was confirmed to happen for April 1st. It would be so cool if even half of that stuff happened. But, in typical Nintendo fashion:

I read that post yesterday and not only do I want to believe it, but part of me believes it. If I'm not mistaken, a Nintendo Direct was announced for April 1st and some of the things from that post are pretty realistic and not out of the realm of possibility. I'd be most excited for the SNES 3DS VC games with the cross play feature and the N64 games coming to the Wii U. Granted, I already own the rumored games coming out, it would still be dope af to see them in 720p. Plus, I'd imagine that they'd look super crisp on the GamePad. Just wish that screen was a little more high res, but whatever.

Platinum making Star Fox is the best thing there.

Followed by a knitted Yoshi doll for Wolly World. Hopefully that's true and coming to NA.

edit: forgot cross-buying, hopefully that's true. About time

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I read that post yesterday and not only do I want to believe it, but part of me believes it. If I'm not mistaken, a Nintendo Direct was announced for April 1st and some of the things from that post are pretty realistic and not out of the realm of possibility. I'd be most excited for the SNES 3DS VC games with the cross play feature and the N64 games coming to the Wii U. Granted, I already own the rumored games coming out, it would still be dope af to see them in 720p. Plus, I'd imagine that they'd look super crisp on the GamePad. Just wish that screen was a little more high res, but whatever.
I'm going to play Devil's adovcate and say the 480p screen on the Gamepad is fine. In fact, for Nintendo's next handheld, that's the sort of resolution I'm expecting, given how slowly Nintendo increases it in their handhelds.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
So this is interesting:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/30/rumour-nintendo-direct-on-april-1st/

This report came out yesterday, which was before the ND was confirmed to happen for April 1st. It would be so cool if even half of that stuff happened. But, in typical Nintendo fashion:

They got the time totally wrong, the Direct takes place at midnight April 2nd in CEST, not April 1st 2015, 15:00 CET. Also it reads like a fanboy wishlist.

I recommend everyone not to expect much besides Xenoblade 3D, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Smash Bros. update and DLC, Amiibo, and Splatoon. That should keep disappointment to the minimum and won't be half bad of a show if you remember that we are close to E3 so Nintendo needs to keep a lid on announcements until then if they want a good show.

Last edited:

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Thursday is such a long way to go. Can't wait to indulge in that adventure mode for Hearthstone during release: the slow, painful server overloaded release. Oh, joy.

I've noticed I really don't know how to properly address my superiors at work. I just call them by their name without honorifics or just bypass the name altogether and just start off by saying "Yeah, -". I have really terrible talking manners, but can you blame me? Talking is so difficult. I feel my lifespan slipping away every time I speak.

Shoulder

They got the time totally wrong, the Direct takes place at midnight April 2nd in CEST, not April 1st 2015, 15:00 CET. Also it reads like a fanboy wishlist.

I recommend everyone not to expect much besides Xenoblade 3D, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Smash Bros. update and DLC, Amiibo, and Splatoon. That should keep disappointment to the minimum and won't be half bad of a show if you remember that we are close to E3 so Nintendo needs to keep a lid on announcements until then if they want a good show.
Don't crush my dreams, Techno! :mangry:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

Totally agree with this.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Thursday is such a long way to go. Can't wait to indulge in that adventure mode for Hearthstone during release: the slow, painful server overloaded release. Oh, joy.

I've noticed I really don't know how to properly address my superiors at work. I just call them by their name without honorifics or just bypass the name altogether and just start off by saying "Yeah, -". I have really terrible talking manners, but can you blame me? Talking is so difficult. I feel my lifespan slipping away every time I speak.
When I talk to Menashe, most of the time I greet him with, "hey man..."

Aki

PC, I have the Ultra version. My steam id is 'majicodemejico', or just 'majico', I'm not sure. Let me know when you want to play.
I'll add you on steam next time that I'm on it. I have the latest version of the game, not sure what it's called, but I own it for PS3.

So some big news happened today. Sure, I played some MK8, getting further in Grand Prix mode, and I'm getting back to working out at the job site starting tomorrow, but I finally changed the nickname on my NNID. It is no longer Snaps, like it originally was, but updated with Shoulder. About damn time I say.
I don't think we're buddies on Wii U. What's your NNID so that I can add you? Also, what's your 3DS friend code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aki

i changed my mind, hype up the direct as much as possible. look:
Dude, I wish that were real so bad. I just recently started playing the game on 3DS and while I'm having a blast playing it, I can't help the urge of wanting to play it on the big screen. I just don't really click with handhelds anymore. Kind wish Nintendo would either allow the Wii U to play 3DS games or release a 3DS TV like Sony did wih the Vita. I love my Vita TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoulder

I'll add you on steam next time that I'm on it. I have the latest version of the game, not sure what it's called, but I own it for PS3.

I don't think we're buddies on Wii U. What's your NNID so that I can add you? Also, what's your 3DS friend code?

Sent from my iPhone using genital warts
NNID is in my sig, and friend code for 3DS is:

1177-9766-9216.

I'll update my sig to include it for future reference.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Kinda wish Nintendo would either allow the Wii U to play 3DS games or release a 3DS TV like Sony did with the Vita. I love my Vita TV
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they made a 3DS/DS Player of sorts for the Wii-U. I mean, we're gonna get DS games on the Virtual Console for the Wii-U so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to release a peripheral for the Wii-U that could play 3DS/DS games

I know they did that for the SNES and the GameCube

Koenig

The Architect
I think I will try my hand at the charge blade in MH4U. Outside of the prepping the Ultrablast for the opportune moment, can anyone give me some advice?

I think I will try my hand at the charge blade in MH4U. Outside of the prepping the Ultrablast for the opportune moment, can anyone give me some advice?
X+A to do the Shield Thrust/Poke thing in Sword Mode is a handy thing to get used to for those sweet combos. Sidestepping and attack is super good for dodging and tripping.
As far as I can tell, Impact seems more useful than Element phial.
My basic strategy is to raise the phial meter to red, charge, raise it to red again, axe, power up shield, charge and continue attacking in sword mode until I have a good opportunity to unleash axe mode and maybe an ultraburst.
I've been having a lot of fun abusing Sleep with the weapon. You get a pretty good one once you start upgrading the Nerscylla blade. I'm usually able to sleep it now just as I've double charged the weapon to ultraburst. Deploy 2 Barrel Bomb L+s and hit the ultraburst just right and you'll deal massive damage and dizzy the thing. I've been able to take down both horns of certain monsters with just this one hit pretty consistently, its great.
Guard points are important to get down right in timing. Easier and more effective with a Guard skill in place. Been able to KO some big bastards with it.

Koenig

The Architect
X+A to do the Shield Thrust/Poke thing in Sword Mode is a handy thing to get used to for those sweet combos. Sidestepping and attack is super good for dodging and tripping.
As far as I can tell, Impact seems more useful than Element phial.
My basic strategy is to raise the phial meter to red, charge, raise it to red again, axe, power up shield, charge and continue attacking in sword mode until I have a good opportunity to unleash axe mode and maybe an ultraburst.
I've been having a lot of fun abusing Sleep with the weapon. You get a pretty good one once you start upgrading the Nerscylla blade. I'm usually able to sleep it now just as I've double charged the weapon to ultraburst. Deploy 2 Barrel Bomb L+s and hit the ultraburst just right and you'll deal massive damage and dizzy the thing. I've been able to take down both horns of certain monsters with just this one hit pretty consistently, its great.
Guard points are important to get down right in timing. Easier and more effective with a Guard skill in place. Been able to KO some big bastards with it.
Do you think my artian armor skills and the full black guard would be a good combo? At least until I reach G-rank.
(Armor skills:
-Awaken
-Guard Up
-Handicraft
-Stamina Recovery)
(Attack 666 with 120 para)

Shoulder

So excited for tomorrow!!! Especially considering that I will be able to join in on the chat hype ^_^.
As long as we get Mewtwo and Mario Kart 8 DLC, I will be satisfied.
Haven't seen you much around these parts lately, Wolven. How you been? And yes, the ND should be interesting for if nothing else, the MK DLC #2, as well as the Mewtwo DLC for Smash. I'm hopng we'll get more than just that though.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Morning guys.

Hope everyone has an awesome day today. Had a great night playing MK8 and Smash with many of y'all last night. The chat at night has become to hub for some online gaming.

And really Smash and MK8 are fantastic games. The connects with many here it TNE is neigh flawless. Gotta start working harder in Smash, this killing myself has got to stop.

But in MK8 man that game is so silky smooth. I do enjoy it more than Smash, that being said smash is fantastic aswell.

MANGANian

Not offensive at all. I mean why is this even a problem?:

I accidentally dropped my 3DS. While attempting to swipe the charger I forgot the 3DS was still attached to it. No problem, right? Four feet off the ground isn't so bad, right? I didn't even bother checking it. Such a mistake that was. Now it freezes after any input or after 10 seconds without. Now I'm gonna do surgery on it while on work (somewhere my manager's cup of coffee fell). Hope it turns out okay.

Anyways, here an April Fool's joke that's most amusing.

MANGANian

It seems I have terrible luck with screwdrivers. The damn thing wouldn't open the inner screws, and I don't wanna accidentally strip them and throw my 3DS out the window. Now I gotta spend my lucnhtime searching for a ph000 screwdriver.
.... that New 3DS XL seems like a pretty good deal right now.

Club Nintendo rewards are up for Elite statuses.

As per usual, the games available are good, but in order to get Gold or Platinum, you'd probably have to own them already.

I don't know what to get
coins are redeemable through June 30.
Gifts seem good. I own everything I'd want on the Platinum exclusive side, so I'm fine sitting in gold. I'll probably grab Super Mario Bros Deluxe for a nostalgia fix, I remember playing that on my GBC a lot as a kid.

In my opinion the best game there is Donkey Kong.

Mario Kart 7 is really good too.

Animal Crossing, to me, was fun for awhile. But every day turns out the same, so if you like re-arranging furniture or your town, then go for it. The game is all about "tomorrow" though. New shop opens tomorrow, new items in the store tomorrow, new fossils to dig tomorrow. Paid for a town project? It'll be done tomorrow.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
The rewards are really legit. I own surprisingly few, but I'm ever so slightly tempted to snag a digital Mario Kart 7 so that I don't have to cart swap that game. Round out NES Remix 1?

Do I dare go Animal Crossing?
@mattavelle1
@FriedShoes

Decisions.
If you dare to be sucked into the world of wonderful sweetness, overlorded by an evil force named Nook. Then yeah you dare to try it. You have been warned.

The rewards are really legit. I own surprisingly few, but I'm ever so slightly tempted to snag a digital Mario Kart 7 so that I don't have to cart swap that game. Round out NES Remix 1?

@mattavelle1
@FriedShoes

Decisions.
Animal Crossing is a strange recommend years after its initial buzz. What COV said is valid, if you like arranging your house, doing up your town nice, getting suckered into the customization, and committing genocide, its fun solo. I played it for months and months with a group of late night drunks and friends, sharing screens and info through swapnote and being jerks in each others towns. It was fun for me either way, but going solo its easy to drop and fall out of the rhythm.
I dont know, I love it so much I've bought it for people so I cant say I dont recommend it.

Hey NE,

This isn't public info yet but thought I'd give you guys a first look at our new Indie Corner shop! You guys are the core of NE so when possible it's nice to give you guys some special treatment.

The shop will have indie merchandise added in over time. For now though you're welcome to order your very own NE t-shirt.

http://www.chopshopgoods.com/Indie_Corner_s/1954.htm

Constructive feedback is welcome!

I'll be making a more public announcement sometime next week.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Hey NE,

This isn't public info yet but thought I'd give you guys a first look at our new Indie Corner shop! You guys are the core of NE so when possible it's nice to give you guys some special treatment.

The shop will have indie merchandise added in over time. For now though you're welcome to order your very own NE t-shirt.

http://www.chopshopgoods.com/Indie_Corner_s/1954.htm

Constructive feedback is welcome!

I'll be making a more public announcement sometime next week.
Those are tight. I like the black and Red Nintendo Enthusiast. Nice work and thanks for the link MSJ. :mthumb:

Odo

@mattavelle1
@FriedShoes

Decisions.
I can't have enough of Animal Crossing.

Last year I was playing the original and now I'm playing Wild World. It's so funny.

I've got a blog about it.

Some screens:

MANGANian

I can't tell, are you agreeing or disagreeing with the Kotaku article?
Disagreeing. I saw nothing offensive about this. If my fellow coloured humans were to feel offended I'd be surprised that they're getting offended over something which doesn't show any indication of being offensive. I see it as humans looking for something to be offended about.

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
Disagreeing. I saw nothing offensive about this. If my fellow coloured humans were to feel offended I'd be surprised that they're getting offended over something which doesn't show any indication of being offensive. I see it as humans looking for something to be offended about.
Social meanings are about context, the author sees the suggestion that Japanese society may have a different one as an "excuse" the reader "buys" or doesn't. It's an inflammatory rather than informative approach to the subject. I wouldn't mind seeing the writer turn down the dial on the implicit notion that the US's social history and dynamics are the centre and standard for the rest of the known universe, and perhaps just either do some useful legwork on the context of the subject or cede the ground to someone who could speak to its social meaning in a Japanese context in a more informed way. All that assumes that the writer or Kotaku as a site are even invested in anything beyond click baiting - which I am increasingly skeptical is the case.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
200cc maybe the ai will actually be somewhat of a real threat to me now in races. I've been heavily bored from the lack of challenge by them even with a super slow vehicle and aggressive items.

I dont know what to feel about SMTxFE. On the one hand, happy it exists.
On the other, its not SMT. It looks like Persona. Which is fine, but I was prepared for something that meshed so much more. This will be different and probably more accessible though, which it seems like even Fire Emblem is looking to be these days.
Looks great either way, but they screwed my expectations.

Ex-Actarus

I dont know what to feel about SMTxFE. On the one hand, happy it exists.
On the other, its not SMT. It looks like Persona. Which is fine, but I was prepared for something that meshed so much more. This will be different and probably more accessible though, which it seems like even Fire Emblem is looking to be these days.
Looks great either way, but they screwed my expectations.
Yep I see what you mean.

As I said in the other thread it's more Persona with Fire Emblem characters than FE x SMT. Personally I'm not a Persona fan, but I wasn't a Fire Emblem fan before Awakening either. So this game could make me a fan of the Persona series.

Status
Not open for further replies.