Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki

So i just finished catching up on yesterday's Direct. At times i felt like it was really a terrible convoluted April fools, revealing so many fan-wet-dream announcements. Lucas for the people who've been crying for Lucas, Project Zero on the Wii U for everybody who figured out 3 years ago that Gamepad as camera = win, 200cc and early release for DLC pack 2, SMTxFE lives, holy crap that Yoshi amiibo, N64 VC...

All in all, a way better Direct than expected. What's everybody else's reaction?
I thought that the ND yesterday was pleasantly surprising. Yoshi's Wooly World looks like it's going to be a quality Yoshi game, if you're into that sort of game and I am. The new Fire Emblem game looks like it's going to be good as usual. I like this double sided story approach that Intelligent Systems is taking. Smash DLC is always welcome even though I don't use Lucas as is the update. MK8 DLC coming early is awesome. Not really excited about the characters, but I'll take the new tracks and 200 CC. Finally, I'm very happy that Nintendo is shifting some of their focus away from Amiibos and focusing on the Wii U VC, one of my favorite aspects of Wii and Wii U. My only issue is that I wish another game like OoT would've launched alongside SM64 and that we got something other than Yoshi's island for 3DS. Hopefully, they'll continue focusing on the VC and release more games, especially for N64 and SNES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I thought that the ND yesterday was pleasantly surprising. Yoshi's Wooly World looks like it's going to be a quality Yoshi game, if you're into that sort of game and I am. The new Fire Emblem game looks like it's going to be good as usual. I like this double sided story approach that Intelligent Systems is taking. Smash DLC is always welcome even though I don't use Lucas as is the update. MK8 DLC coming early is awesome. Not really excited about the characters, but I'll take the new tracks and 200 CC. Finally, I'm very happy that Nintendo is shifting some of their focus away from Amiibos and focusing on the Wii U VC, one of my favorite aspects of Wii and Wii U. My only issue is that I wish another game like OoT would've launched alongside SM64 and that we got something other than Yoshi's island for 3DS. Hopefully, they'll continue focusing on the VC and release more games, especially for N64 and SNES.

Sent from my iPhone using genital warts
I think there's even a psychological aspect of it of why it was as good as it was. The Direct happened on April 1st, which for most people is April fool's, so we cannot take things seriously. Nintendo would obviously know this, so they use that to help drive the content of the Direct with things that normally you wouldn't see, or even think were possible. As Bob said, it was almost like a wish list of a lot of stuff Nintendo fans wanted, but had not gotten at this point, and with it being April fools that day, it only made everything all the more surprising.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Gotta "love" it when you come across a game-breaking bug that will never get patched because the devs went under. That was me today in Kingdoms of Amalur. And since I didn't save enough, I had to redo about two hours worth of game time. Which was annoying.

grimabepraised

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I tried playing through Assassin's Creed 3 these past 3 days, but I can't do it anymore. I've done little more than half of the main story, but I decided to quit and uninstall it. Goddamn Ubisoft, they just can't handle their own projects. AC3 seemed like such an ambitious game that it should have been great, but it's so unpolished and shallow that it's a waste of all that potential. The story is haphazardly put together, the missions are shallow and uninteresting, there is no pacing whatsoever, and the world is way too big for the uninteresting side missions. I understand why so many people were disappointed with the game.

I would have loved to see more depth to hunting, for there to be more things to do outside the cities, and for the cities to have more variety than "climb this radio tower and run across rooftops for a while", not to mention better stealth mechanics for assassinations and running away from guards (how can it be that this aspect of the series was at its best in the first game?), but apparently Ubisoft sees more value in releasing the game before the Holiday season every single year rather than fulfilling their game's design.

But I hear that Black Flag fixes many issues with AC3. I imagine it's basically everything AC3 wanted to be and more, in other words it's fine that it's just an incremental step over AC3 because AC3 was a blur in everyone's mind anyway. And now I hear that Rogue is even better than Black Flag. I was interested in AC: Unity, but hearing about so many players' issues with the PC version, and going from the series' history, I think I'd rather wait for this year's (or next year's) sequel to Unity, which is guaranteed to be the incremental improvement that makes that new style of gameplay meaningful.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Why is it when you meet a bear of a man. What he goes by and what everyone knows them by is either Pee-Wee or Tiny.

I know it's an oxymoron, but still these guys are huge. Why not He-Man or Big Huge for names?

Things on Friday that just make you go hmmmmmmm.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
The story is haphazardly put together, the missions are shallow and uninteresting, there is no pacing whatsoever, and the world is way too big for the uninteresting side missions. I understand why so many people were disappointed with the game.
I think this might've been my biggest gripe with the game. The plot and missions seemed utterly disjointed early on, and the gameplay doesn't really open up until the "Infiltrating Southgate" mission (which would all be forgivable if Boston and the surrounding woods were interesting sandboxes, which they aren't). I stuck around through the winter stuff with the Native American lady, but after that, I was just too damn bored and felt like I slogged through the first part of the game for nothing.

Was my first "AAA HD game," so maybe I've been harsh on it. It really was an ambitious game, but I simply wasn't having any fun with it.

Shoulder

Why is it when you meet a bear of a man. What he goes by and what everyone knows them by is either Pee-Wee or Tiny.

I know it's an oxymoron, but still these guys are huge. Why not He-Man or Big Huge for names?

Things on Friday that just make you go hmmmmmmm.
He should've been named BigMcLargeHuge.

Shoulder

So, anyone remember in Family Guy, where Stewie keeps pronouncing the "h" in Cool Whip, so it sounds like Weh-Hip, instead Whip?

So when trying to pronounce the "h" in Wil Wheaton, doesn't it almost sound like someone is having an Asthma attack?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So, anyone remember in Family Guy, where Stewie keeps pronouncing the "h" in Cool Whip, so it sounds like Weh-Hip, instead Whip?

So when trying to pronounce the "h" in Wil Wheaton, doesn't it almost sound like someone is having an Asthma attack?
Yeah I remember that episode.

Alright Shoulder tomorrow is the game. How is the Wis Fan feeling about this game?

Ky fan is nervous to he honest. There not lookin over Wis in the slightest way. Actually Ky fan is more concerned about the game agaist Wis then any of the 2 other teams on the other side.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
We're almost at page 1000.

I mentioned it in the chat, but for those that haven't see it, here it is again: Matt had talked about creating a "TNE Hall of Fame" subforum where the most epic threads can go die an honorable death. We wanted to start with this CT. When we reach page 1000, we will close this thread and move it to the TNE Hall of Fame, where it can serve as a historic relic. And we'll start a new CT, of course.

Also, this makes the forums load more quickly in general, since we don't have a 1000 page-long dinosaur getting fetched from the database so frequently, or something like that, I read somewhere. Sorry for being vague with that, but I don't want to go do the research necessary to figure out if it's true or not. Besides that, Nerdman also explained that other forums do the same thing with their long-running threads because long threads are intimidating to returning, and new users. I think that's true as well.

What do you guys think? I already know what the guys that saw this in the chat think, but if there's major opposition from those that are only finding out about it now, we'll think twice about doing it.

Shoulder

We're almost at page 1000.

I mentioned it in the chat, but for those that haven't see it, here it is again: Matt had talked about creating a "TNE Hall of Fame" subforum where the most epic threads can go die an honorable death. We wanted to start with this CT. When we reach page 1000, we will close this thread and move it to the TNE Hall of Fame, where it can serve as a historic relic. And we'll start a new CT, of course.

Also, this makes the forums load more quickly in general, since we don't have a 1000 page-long dinosaur getting fetched from the database so frequently, or something like that, I read somewhere. Sorry for being vague with that, but I don't want to go do the research necessary to figure out if it's true or not. Besides that, Nerdman also explained that other forums do the same thing with their long-running threads because long threads are intimidating to returning, and new users. I think that's true as well.

What do you guys think? I already know what the guys that saw this in the chat think, but if there's major opposition from those that are only finding out about it now, we'll think twice about doing it.
Will someone be commemorated for making the 50k post?

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/4/8344341/angry-joe-nintendo-takedown-mario-party

Let me just explain.... I am the anti-this-kind-of-shit.... Nintendo has flagged almost every one of my vids, making it impossible for me to make money off of them, and I could care less....

Wanna know why...? Cause they were never monitized in the first place.... Wanna know why...? Cause I never plan to make a cent doing this shit, even if the chance arises, I will shoot it down....

Wanna know why...? I do this because I love it, not to make money....

Fuck you Angry Joe, fuck all these fuckers.... And Fuck all you fuckers feeding the fire under these guys egos....

"I hope @NintendoAmerica enjoyed the free ad revenue & coverage I generated for em. It will be my last Nintendo video. pic.twitter.com/07797eA7W4

— Joe Vargas (@AngryJoeShow) April 4, 2015"

Go suck a dick Joe, seriously, slob that shit....

You and PDP and all these #$%@*! mutha fuckers are exactly what is wrong with youtube these days.... Everybody trying to make a buck.... Youtube used to be awesome....

You fucks want to turn youtube into the next TV, commercials and all....

I'm in such a terrible place in terms of career in my life, I make little to no money compared to most.... I live check to check.... And I still wouldn't monotize this shit....

This makes me wonder how many more "big time youtubers" are going to abandon Nintendo.... "big time youtubers" meh, more like "big time sell outs"....

Last edited:

Let me just explain.... I am the anti-this -kind-of-shit.... Nintendo has flagged almost everyone of my vids, making it impossible for me to make money off of them, and I could care less....

Wanna know why...? Cause they were never monitized in the first place.... Wanna know why...? Cause I never plan to make a cent doing this shit, even if the chance arises, I will shoot it down....

Fuck you Angry Joe, fuck all these fuckers.... And Fuck all you fuckers feeding the fire under these guys egos....

"I hope @NintendoAmerica enjoyed the free ad revenue & coverage I generated for em. It will be my last Nintendo video. pic.twitter.com/07797eA7W4

You and PDP and all these #$%@*! mutha fuckers are exactly what is wrong with youtube these days.... Everybody trying to make a buck.... Youtube used to be awesome....

I'm in such a terrible place in terms of career in my life, I make little to no money compared to most.... I live check to check.... And I still wouldn't monotize this shit....

This makes me wonder how many more "big time youtubers" are going to abandon Nintendo.... "big time youtubers" meh, more like "big time sell outs"....

I watch a few people on Youtube, their show is Video Games Awesome, but their youtube name is FarFromSubtle.

The lead guy gets a lot of shitfor some of his opinions, but each video only got around 1000 views. They don't make a lot of money but they love what they do. They even do Nintendo videos for their fans and such.

Point is, there are still some cool Youtubers out there. It is a shame that most video game related content on Youtube is all the same now. Either watch this guy react to the newest horror game on Steam, or watch this other guy yell for 20 minutes

It's just a shame that 1+ million views on every video some people make isn't enough.....

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
Thank you for reminding who I wanted to vote for. A monster hunter would be a great character. It's different costumes would be different armor sets, and its attacks could be different weapon attacks, e.g. a side smash would be the great sword charge attack while an upsmash would be the hammer upswing, and so on. Rathian and Rathalos would show up for the final smash.

Or instead of having armor sets as different costumes, they could be like Shulk's monado powers, in that the hunter switches armor sets to get different skills like Attack Up (L) or Focus (faster smash attacks).

The possibilities are endless.
I've been waiting for a hunter to appear in a Capcom "vs" game, it didn't happen in MvC 3 - but perhaps if they do another meeting of the Japanese giants (ie Tatsunoko), we'd see that. I'm okay with it for smash as well, there seems to be enough proportionally humanoid characters at this point. Buuuuut - wouldn't a Palico be tops for Smash? The move set (and amiibo) potential would be even zanier with all those costumes, quirks and vehicles...

I'm voting for Ace Palico. Someone needs to keep Duck Hunt Dog in check.

There really should be a 3rd party pack that adds Bayonetta, Wonder Red, Phoenix Wright & Ace Palico.

Shoulder

Let me just explain.... I am the anti-this-kind-of-shit.... Nintendo has flagged almost everyone of my vids, making it impossible for me to make money off of them, and I could care less....

I remember we had a similar talk about this, because I do make videos, just as you do. While the idea of making money off of stuff like this is sort of neat, it's not the end all solution for 99.9% of YouTubers, and never will be. Did I ever approach YT, and think, "I could make a living off of this?" No.

ASuch

The Salt Master
Gonna plug Nintendon't a bit here. So I never had a Gamecube and I decided to mod my Wii U for Wii homebrew. And everything about it is fucking incredible. You can force progressive scan and widescreen, you can use practically any kind of controller... And every game you'd ever want to actually play works near flawlessly. It's a nice way to keep a digital GCN collection as well, as you can burn your discs on to an SD card. This shit's incredible

Tested out somebody's Copenhagen wheel today. Let me tell you, nothing makes you feel more hipster than riding a bike with $1000 worth of wheel underneath you.

I then went with my brother and a few friends to watch Furious 7.
I think Vin Diesel might not be completely nuts. Sure, its not an Oscar award winner, but, dare I say, its close?
Ok, maybe not, but its probably the best film in the series. If you're a fan or follower, its tailor-made for you. They hit all the right notes when they were supposed to, a lot of fun, even if admittedly CGI heavy, action and car stunts. I feel Vin and the gang finally got the ideas they were trying to go for in the recent movies just perfect in this one.
I dont know how a non-fan would take to it though, maybe some of the little nostalgic moments wouldnt feel as big as they did to me. The return of one special substance felt so good and used so perfectly, aah, so much fun.
Some missteps here and there, but very few. Overall incredibly enjoyable, I went in expecting little and got a lot of greatness in return. Also goddamn is the movie long, but it never felt that way, and that's wonderful.

The ending is what you'd expect given the tragic events that surrounded the film. It was heartfelt, emotional, and sweet.
I dont think there was a dry eye in the theater, so much manly tears.

Aki

So, I've been reading a lot of comments as of late about why Joe Namath doesn't belong in the NFL's HoF. Let me just say one thing that I think perfect sums up Broadway. He was the coolest motehrfucker ever who called his own shots that delivered and everything was gravy after that.

Shoulder

So earlier today, I got a call from my credit union's fraud prevention services about a recent transaction on my Debit card. I thought, "Ok, probably just to confirm some basic purchases."

So I call the number back, and it tells me about this transaction for $99.98 which occured earlier today from "Merchant Subscription." I'm thinking, "hat the hell is this?" I immediately say I did not authorize this, and it put a temp restriction on my card for future transactions.

While this was going on, I went to my Credit Union's website, and look at my recent trasnactions, and this transaction never showed up. I'm thinking, "What the hell is going on here?" I still put a restriction on my card for now.

So now, I just get home, check my transactions again, and it's for my fucking Amazon Prime Membership. I'm like, "WTF?" since I've bought tons of things from Amazon, and never had an issue, but the moment it has to charge my prime membership, fraud prevention services steps in? I get why it happened, I guess, and Good thing fraud prevention is on top of things, as usual. But still, I said this transaction was not authorized by me, because it did not exist on my transactions on their website, nor did the voice ever say it came from amazon, or mention it was prime membership.

This won't affect my Prime membership, will it?

Oh, and btw. GO BADGERS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.