Wii U Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so many people here fail at understsanding copyright law. Nobody gave you permission to make money off someone else's propety lol http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/4/8344341/angry-joe-nintendo-takedown-mario-party

@LightsaberBlues
Seriously though man, Fuck angry joe
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158807785&postcount=130

I like his content, I do, but the guy is straight up asshole

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158807878&postcount=142

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158807905&postcount=146

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158808334&postcount=177

His fans donate him money to buy a wii U and cover some games, he only does one, then complains he spent 900$ on product.

Yet he's only done one video, lol.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158808145&postcount=168

https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/584274375546777600

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158809771&postcount=297

Last edited:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Yo @juegosmajicos, Went to play splatoon again at wondercon, its definitely faster than the wii remtoe.
Faster than the Wiimote footage I posted? I'm using myself as a benchmark.

Either way, it seems I'll end up getting the game. Matt convinced me and Mike to get and just talk on phone conference call while we play it, like we do with MH4U. Either way, going by Nintendo's history, the game will be pretty good with some pretty decent patches a year after release, like MK8 is looking to be.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@Shoulder congradualtions to you and your Wis Badgers. I hope that you guys go on to win it all.

I'll have my icon changed today. :mthumb:

I woke up and the first thing on my mind was that lose. Does not feel good man.

Also Happy Easter today TNE. Enjoy today and the time you spend with your family's.

Happy Chocolate Egg day.

Either way, it seems I'll end up getting the game. Matt convinced me and Mike to get and just talk on phone conference call while we play it, like we do with MH4U. Either way, going by Nintendo's history, the game will be pretty good with some pretty decent patches a year after release, like MK8 is looking to be.
Ooooh I wouldn't mind getting in on that conference call stuffs. I'll be pre-ordering the game at some point.

I'd love to get in on that, skype video chat takes up too much bandwidth lmao.

I think y'all will love splatoon,you get used to the controls really quickly and the strategy potential in this game is pretty expansive. I think learning how to really move through the map with speed is going to be the BIG thing when it comes to this game along with stealth movement from splatter hopping and the like. Gotta get faster myself when it comes to going from squid to the air while shooting.

I wonder if they'll let me switch up some of the buttons a bit, I'd rather have Y for jump and x for camera centering,

YOOOO LOOK AT THAT WONDER RED AND BAYONETTA REPRESENTATION]

Also the reason we havent had monster hunter yet is they kinda banned the character from appearing in other games

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
Nintendo is wrong for flagging videos that fall under fair use. I've heard it's youtube's fault, but I doubt Nintendo is jumping at the chance to correct it.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.

The Wiimote isn't just speed. It's comfort, familiarity, and utility, along with its overall ability.

But if I could adapt to enjoying Vanquish with the PS3 controller, I can probably do it with Splatoon. Still not happy about no VC, but we already work around it. Although I'm still on the fence, I'm leaning toward giving it a shot. By the looks of it, might be small enough to download on my Wii U, depending on what I delete.
@Shoulder congradualtions to you and your Wis Badgers. I hope that you guys go on to win it all.
Taking it classy. Well done, sir.

Till a court says they do, as far as I am concerned, they dont.

Why do you think music companies are so tight when it comes to uploads of their music? Do people upload copies of them reading a book to youtube? No they dont. Literally just as "transformative" as somebody playing a game like Disaster Day of Crisis.

Its only okay to monetize when the property holder specifically give you the permission to do so imo. Indie devs often do so because it grants them exposure they wouldnt have gotten otherwise.

Exposure is good for them, from there they can actually do some serious marketing since folks already have a piece of their name to it.

I'm not the biggest Twin Peaks fan, so do mind my assholedom here.
BUT LOL JUST FUCKING LOL
LMAO STRAIGHT TO THE BANK
ROFL TO FUCKING DEATH
MY FUCKING GUT HURTS FROM LAUGHTER

Still chugging along in Twilight Princess, but I'm looking forward to getting it done now.

Don't know if I'm getting a bit burnt out from open ended games from recently playing Batman and Tomb Raider, or if it's because I'm in the mood to replay other games like MadWorld and Goldeneye.

Oh well, I'm still enjoying it and I think it's still a great game. I think I'll replay some more straight forward shorter games for awhile before diving into Dark Souls and/or Dragon's Dogma. Don't want to be too burnt out. I want to be in the perfect mind set for those ones.

I'm also off tomorrow so I guess I can finish TP. Just gotta get my doritoes and mountain dew brah

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
Man, I haven't really posted for a while and don't see a lot of time in the future for a good post but I figured that I should say something of importance before this whole thing gets locked down at Page 1000.

I need to say something funny. Maybe something inspirational. Something that will stand the test of time to forever be locked in TNE's past.

Maybe a something about how we all come together as a community and are just generally awesome? Something about how this place is the antithesis to everything else around currently in the gaming community? Maybe something about some of my favorite memories from TNE in the last year with an imaginary cheesy 80's montage running in the background?

I don't know really.

Maybe just a simple toast...

Here's to another 1000 pages TNE!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Tell ya what. This last year e3 havin the live show back here, plus the chat and coverage was definatly a highlight for myself.

I thought it was amazing the hype we had for the show and not so much e3. All you TNEers were there and tuned in.

I thought that was a blast and a great way to enjoy e3 together.

@simplyTravis

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Still chugging along in Twilight Princess, but I'm looking forward to getting it done now.

Don't know if I'm getting a bit burnt out from open ended games from recently playing Batman and Tomb Raider, or if it's because I'm in the mood to replay other games like MadWorld and Goldeneye.

Oh well, I'm still enjoying it and I think it's still a great game. I think I'll replay some more straight forward shorter games for awhile before diving into Dark Souls and/or Dragon's Dogma. Don't want to be too burnt out. I want to be in the perfect mind set for those ones.

I'm also off tomorrow so I guess I can finish TP. Just gotta get my doritoes and mountain dew brah
I've talked about this with Matt and majico before...that I find myself gravitating more toward the extremes of game commitment now. I find myself either playing something I can beat in a few days (Bayonetta), or I play something that is very nearly a compulsive lifestyle choice (MonHun). I'm playing fewer 30-40 hour games, which used to be all that I played.

And yet...those medium time sinks still give me the best memories - ALBW being the most recent example.

[Speaking of Zelda, this makes me wish Hyrule Warriors had online co-op. Man, that game dropped out of my rotation so quickly.]

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Man it's like Kentucky lost a grandfather or something. It's like everyone is aware of the elephant in the room but NOBODY wants to talk about it.

I hope we can rebound after this honestly. That being said I'm for sure rooting for Wis tonight. GO BADGERS!

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
System of a Down music for a videogame trailer? Lol. On another hand, it was nice to hear it again. It reminds me strongly of my school days. Memories are a lot more fun when it's attached to music.

For a moment there I thought Wonder Red was gonna be a possibility. If Viewtiful Joe's brother gets in I'm gonna get so emotional I might die from a rise in blood pressure that leads to either an aneurysm or a stroke.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So what was everyone's favorite moment in this CT?
For it's time when TNE forums were really tryin to evolve, and LiT came in here and tried to give some PR. And LSB really sent a stern message back to manage was really really epic, and a true turning point really to get us this far today.

CoV moving out in his own was really awesome cause we have always known him with roommates and how this has opened him up.

How many new friends I have made just from joining here, and how many old friends I have now. This CT is made by people who have had a decision in what they have wanted for there community. This had and should always be the goal of the TNE Community and managers to work together to shape where we are at. Look at how much we have gotten done since being here.

3 - 5 different forum layouts. Going from not even having likes, to having many options on post helping everyone to better communicate. Got the old chat back. Started having people twitching the own TV channels. Got out own front page for people to view any media they could ever want. And so much more to come.

@BobSilencieux and the most romantic story ever told. That was awesome.

@repomech speaking to him one day and I wrote my piece on "the stock market". That was really awesome for myself because he brought that outta me to write that piece.

The Writters Kitchen (@juegosmajicos the creator of the Kitchen)

That freakin time @Menashe told the Facebook and Twitter we had Smash Codes was crazy.

These are just some of the epicness that comes to mind in this CT. OH OH And when out boy @EvilTw1n went BACK to being @EvilTw1n

And just of this past few days. Wearing this icon has been literally the worse thing ever. @Shoulder the boards wouldn't be the same without you.

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Wow I've reunited Marth with most of his family...... and now my entire team got wiped out. I mean, seriously!? I was doing just fine, why did my enemies suddenly have +10 better stats and effects than me!? I mean, I thought I was doing okay, but when my best warriors (Vaike, Robin, Miriel, Bunny girl who is awesome but I hate so much) gets decimated from just one encounter, that's just ridiculous.

I know it's probably a quest I shouldn't be doing at the moment, but I refuse to lose to these scums! Everyone must come out alive!

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
So what was everyone's favorite moment in this CT?
Don't remember if this was featured on the CT, but probably the time when everyone had the biggest man crush on yours truly.

For it's time when TNE forums were really tryin to evolve, and LiT came in here and tried to give some PR. And LSB really sent a stern message back to manage was really really epic, and a true turning point really to get us this far today.

CoV moving out in his own was really awesome cause we have always known him with roommates and how this has opened him up.

How many new friends I have made just from joining here, and how many old friends I have now. This CT is made by people who have had a decision in what they have wanted for there community. This had and should always be the goal of the TNE Community and managers to work together to shape where we are at. Look at how much we have gotten done since being here.

3 - 5 different forum layouts. Going from not even having likes, to having many options on post helping everyone to better communicate. Got the old chat back. Started having people twitching the own TV channels. Got out own front page for people to view any media they could ever want. And so much more to come.
There have been a lot of great moments on this CT, and I came around only within the last 18 months or so (I came here June of 2013), and it was at the start of 2014 when I really started coming around

And just of this past few days. Wearing this icon has been literally the worse thing ever. @Shoulder the boards wouldn't be the same without you.
That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. I feel so welcome around here. :mhug:

Here's to the next 1000 pages, TNE!

i lied here are three
Guys, video games are incredibly dumb and gaming is literally the most useless hobby anyone can have ever. Grow the fuck up.
I'd give a female CoV a chance.
Look at all these dudes thirsty for Fried. I cant say I'm surprised.
The second is followed by thirsty dudes
my two best posts
this post is my third

ASuch is stuck doing homework, I'll say his best post is the one where he Shaggy'd the CT
I've made a terrible mistake. A relationship of almost 1 year is over, and I end up being the bad guy. I'll explain:

Let me preface this by saying it had always been kind of a messed up relationship, as it was mainly based on sex after we started high school. When we finally did get serious, she had to move so we ended up doing the long distance thing. We'd take turns visiting each other whenever time permitted. Sometimes every week, sometimes only a couple times in a month.

The one thing which is what really attracted me to her in the first place, is that she's such a sexual person; she's literally willing to try anything we could think of, and always enjoyed it a lot. She had daddy issues, but whatever, not my problem. Although, I guess it did always worry me, in the back of my head, knowing how she is, leaving me to really have problems trusting her when we were apart.

The tell-tale signs then started happening.. not answering the phone, weird excuses. Anyway, I got really suspicious but never confirmed anything. All the meanwhile as this was happening, I guess it was my defense mechanism, I started hooking up with another girl. I guess I figured "Hey, I'm almost sure she's doing the same thing to me."

Anyways, I got caught last night, in the act, and shit got real. I mean really, it could not have been a more insane situation. My babe decided to pay me a surprise visit, at the exact moment that the other girl and I were going at it like two dogs in heat. Shorty came in and she caught me red-handed creepin' with the girl next door. Picture this: we were both butt-naked, banging on the bathroom floor. How could I forget that I had given her an extra key? All this time she was standing there; she never took her eyes off me.

She was so upset, and I felt more regret than I'd ever felt before when I saw the look on her face. She was literally, literally just crushed, and I found out my worries were all in vain.

So I really fucked up. Ugh, I don't even know what to do now guys...
Edit:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.