Wii Would Like To Play. Recommend some games! The OT

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Hey all! This is a thread so you can recommend games to Wii U owners, and ask which games you want depending on the genre you are looking for. Here you can also ask for help if a game is good, and someone will probably answer with a thoughtful response. You can also warn other users to stay away from certain games and give reasons why.
http://spinthebottlethegame.com/img/logo.pngSpin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party is a game I would recommend to party people. It's tons of fun, and with the free update coming up soon its going to be even better.
http://media.edge-online.com/wp-content/uploads/edgeonline/2012/11/ZombiU-police.jpgWhat can I say, do not listen to the reviews. Great survival horror game with an extreme difficulty. Old school gamers will especially like this one :D
http://twotribes.com/images/sized/images/uploads/berichten/website_rush-373x246.pngI am sorry Two Tribes :( I don't think we clicked on this one. I bought this one happily and was excited to try it out after seeing some gameplay, but it got pretty tiring and boring pretty quick. If anyone is thinking about this game, I recommend Edge much more.
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/07/cloudberry_073013_1600.jpgNext to rush, this has to be my least favorite Wii U game. After an initial "Wow guys look at how challenging this game is" to my cousins when I bought it, the shiny of it wore off and I regret spending my money on it.
Anyway, hope this thread becomes helpful to some people. Feel free to add on any Wii games too. Have fun!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut. It was my GOTY for 2013 for Wii U. It was THAT freaking good. 40+ hours of first play through, and looking on FAQs and shit I missed a TON of sidequests and hidden stuff. Great story, great writing, great atmosphere. Seriously one of the best games...dare I say....ever? NOW GO BUY IT. JESUS.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Cloudberry had too many things it was trying to do. It was trying to mix Little Big Planet with Mario and Mega Man. Stage creation was extremely poor, mainly roll the dice and hope you get the stage you want, and with no real goal other than get slaughtered endlessly by impossible to beat levels, it got really tiring. Bungie mode was fun with friends, that's about it.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Thoughts on Wonderful 101? I got a $30 gc to Best Buy, and I'm looking to spend it on a Wii U or 3DS game. Suggestions?
I'm very eclectic when it comes to gaming. Favorite series are Zelda and Metroid.

Any suggestions on retail games on either system I shouldn't miss are greatly appreciated. (Might be better to suggest overlooked gems that didn't get the credit they deserve as I may have bought or played most of the ones with high sales figures.)

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
I would also like to recommend a couple more games.
I can't believe this, but more Wii U owners should own Pikmin 3, it is pure gameplay and an amazing experience with beautiful graphics.
Kirby's Epic Yarn is a blast to play through, so definitely get this.
And Okami, DEFINITELY OKAMI. An amazing game which deserves to be played by everyone.

Koenig

The Architect
Ill insert my broken record for those who have not heard of it before.
Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate.
A game in which you kill foes far bigger then yourself, use the spoils to become stronger; and in turn take on even larger monsters. Couple that with a 4 player co-op option and the amount of content in the game and you are in for a great time. The only draw back is the barrier of entry; the game starts slow and you will still be left with a lot of questions that only playing the game can answer.

Hmm, I guess my tastes are quite different.
Highly recommend:Wonderful 101UnepicDuckTales RemasteredCloudberry KingdomSuper Mario 3D World
Despite the above, I really enjoyed Cloudberry Kingdom. I appreciated the random levels and goals and the multiple special abilities. The story mode was pretty interesting/funny. Made it to the last section (chapter 7) before my Wii U was stolen. Had unlocked majority of the heroes for arcade mode too.
Safe to skip:Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate- I say this since I felt the game didn't quite help me understand what to do. I went exploring, then seemed vastly limited on the amount of stuff to carry. Felt like I was constantly returning to town and was always unsure if I should be selling the spoils or saving them for later. Never quite figured out an ideal weapon for my play style. Was never huge into games without turn based combat. The first big fight seemed to take forever (longer than say EOIV's first boss), the questing seemed confusing and limiting. Finally, seemed like it was a chore to turn on Off-TV play. Majority of games (or perhaps every game but this one) seems to have a ultra easy way to turn it on and off. Never have to dig through a list of options on the TV to finally find it.

Pikmin 3 is my favorite Wii U game by far. I had a ton of fun with Splinter Cell Blacklist. Yeah they kinda fucked up not having Michael Ironside and generally making Sam unlikable, but it was damn fun being stealthy I'll give the game that. Runner 2 is my favorite eshop game so far, so that gets a recommendation as well.
EDIT: Seeing that Zombi U screen shot makes me wanna play the multiplayer. I was surprised at how fun it was and just plained love it. Too bad no one wants to play with me :(

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Beyond what others have said, I'd suggest:

Nintendo Land -- I'm assuming most of you have played this game, but if you haven't you're missing out on something special. It's one of the best multiplayer games I've played (the single player is bad either) and it's the perfect example for way the GamePad is awesome.

Nano Assault NEO -- If you like twin stick shooters (or even just pretty graphics or leaderboards), then you need to play this awesome eShop exclusive.

Rayman Legends -- Like Origins, this is one of the best 2D platformers ever. And as a plus it uses the GamePad pretty well for multiplayer and menu navigation.

Trine 2: Director's Cut -- One of the best eShop games. This game has it all: awesome puzzles, awesome graphics, an engaging story, and awesome use of the GamePad.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

I would also like to recommend a couple more games.
I can't believe this, but more Wii U owners should own Pikmin 3, it is pure gameplay and an amazing experience with beautiful graphics.
Kirby's Epic Yarn is a blast to play through, so definitely get this.
And Okami, DEFINITELY OKAMI. An amazing game which deserves to be played by everyone.

Hmm, I guess my tastes are quite different.
Highly recommend:Wonderful 101UnepicDuckTales RemasteredCloudberry KingdomSuper Mario 3D World
Despite the above, I really enjoyed Cloudberry Kingdom. I appreciated the random levels and goals and the multiple special abilities. The story mode was pretty interesting/funny. Made it to the last section (chapter 7) before my Wii U was stolen. Had unlocked majority of the heroes for arcade mode too.
Safe to skip:Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate- I say this since I felt the game didn't quite help me understand what to do. I went exploring, then seemed vastly limited on the amount of stuff to carry. Felt like I was constantly returning to town and was always unsure if I should be selling the spoils or saving them for later. Never quite figured out an ideal weapon for my play style. Was never huge into games without turn based combat. The first big fight seemed to take forever (longer than say EOIV's first boss), the questing seemed confusing and limiting. Finally, seemed like it was a chore to turn on Off-TV play. Majority of games (or perhaps every game but this one) seems to have a ultra easy way to turn it on and off. Never have to dig through a list of options on the TV to finally find it.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is like dark souls, and you go hunting for materials on rotation, In and out the village, other times you just go off and do the quests instead, putting everything back in your storage and hoarding the items you've got. You figure out how you play as you go along, like I did. Just gotta use your own common sense XD

And yeah off tv-play is a chore in MH3U XD

Anyway I heavily recommend people try Wonderful 101. That game is absolutely amazing. Amazing action game,like Megaman X, you learn from playing, and the game has an amazing amount of depth.

When I first started I played through the first level and then I bought the items and went off to practice in Mission mode.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is like dark souls, and you go hunting for materials on rotation, In and out the village, other times you just go off and do the quests instead, putting everything back in your storage and hoarding the items you've got. You figure out how you play as you go along, like I did. Just gotta use your own common sense XD
And yeah off tv-play is a chore in MH3U XD
I felt like I was, but I would die a lot. I was playing it like W101 - I charge in to attack and swing at it till it dies. Doesn't work that way with Monster Hunter. I think it gets boring to snipe it from a distance or to be constantly running in circles around it. To me, it felt like you do all this work, then you don't even level up. Keep saving stuff till later. EOIV was at least enjoyable since the combat was turn-based. You knew when to strike, you could still get spoils and had limited storage, but they made it really hard to be away from the town for extended periods of time with how hard the monsters are.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

rMonster Hunter is a game of preperation.

If you want to go exploring you should do the farm quests in the multiplayer mode( by yourself or with friends)

Goodtwin

Mass Effect 3. The first time I played through it shortly after getting my Wii U I thought it was a great game. Now that I have played through it a 2nd time, I think its an exceptional experience. The combination of story, rpg elements, and great use of the gamepad, I would say this game is one of the better experiences I have played in years. This is not a mindless third person shooter, its an adventure from start to finish. Seeing as how you can buy it on Amazon for about $12, if you havent played it, then you owe it to yourself to pick it up.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut. It was my GOTY for 2013 for Wii U. It was THAT freaking good. 40+ hours of first play through, and looking on FAQs and shit I missed a TON of sidequests and hidden stuff. Great story, great writing, great atmosphere. Seriously one of the best games...dare I say....ever? NOW GO BUY IT. JESUS.

Having played it on PS3 back when it first came out, I too would also highly recommend it. If you enjoy the Deus Ex franchise, or just simply love the world you travel in, give it a shot.

I'd also like to recommend Need for Speed: Most Wanted U in this thread, as given the amount of TLC Criterion gave to the Wii U version, it would be a shame to not at least give it a try. It's just too bad no additional DLC (except the Speed Pack, which is part of the Wii U version) was ever brought over, but nevertheless, there's still hours and hours of content and races to be had.

And one more entry to consider would be of course Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, as already been mentioned here a few times. I've been playing it the last few days, and I'm already addicted to it. But like veryone would say, patience is key in this game. The game does a pretty good job explaining some of the basic concepts of the game, but talking with some of the folks here could also prove useful in future endeavors.

I would like to recommend Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to anyone who likes fighting games. Even for a noob this game isn't hard to get into, the Fight Lab training is pretty good I have to say. Plus going through practise mode and through command lists help. This is my first Tekken game since 5 and back then I didn't even know how to do anything lol. But it wasn't too long before this game clicked with me. The game is fast, pretty, action packed and just fun. Some good online as well. The Wii U version is probably the best, having more modes, costumes, etc though doesn't have voice chat or a high player count. But still, get TTT2!

Goodtwin

The reality is that because third party games havent sold well on Wii U, its the console offering the best deals on software. If you havent played games like Mass Effect 3, Need For Speed Most Wanted, Tekken TT, Assassins Creed 3 & 4, Batman AC and Origins and want to play those games, Wii U brings the majority of those games with a very low price tag right now. Wii U has a tremenous amount of value price software, but these arent low budget games, they are the AAA games that thrive on the other consoles.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Am playing Batman Arkham Origins right now and loving it. If you like Arkham City for Wii U, pick this up. You won't regret it. For me, the side quests with Enigma make more sense this time. And the "Crime in Progress" sections are a good way to break up the flow a bit to keep your play time from getting monotonous. The graphics are excellent.
The one thing I will say is that the GamePad was used better on Arkham City than it is for Origins. But that is a minor thing.

BobSilencieux

I can't stress enough how incredible i think Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut is. Having played Deus Ex: Invisible War on the OG Xbox and not even been entertained enough to finish the game, i had doubts about picking up DE:HR-DC. Well holy shit i am glad i went for it because it's seriously one of the best games i've ever played. There's just so much room for doing whatever the hell you want with it and having fun. I spent a whole day the other week just knocking out all the officers of the DCPD and piling their unconscious bodies in one spot. It was f*ckin glorious.

I'll suggest some games that some people might not have played for whatever reason:The Wonderful 101: 99% of people that played it will say that it's one of the most amazing games ever, and they aren't wrong. Amazing and unique gameplay, with a really good story, plus high replay value. Visuals and music are good too. Unfortunately it's not selling well, but it should be. To be honest, don't listen to people that say this game doesn't teach you how to play the game, because it does.Wind Waker HD: Major improvement over the original, and no, it's not only because of HD graphics, improved sailing and Triforce Quest. There were so many things done to make the game better. If you liked the original, it's a must-buy, and if you didn't, you should give it a chance, because it has been majorly improved.Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed: Its quality is comparable to Mario Kart, I'm sure it's a nice game either if you can't wait for Mario Kart 8 and need a racing game to play in the meantime, or if you just want a fun game to play. One of the advantages I feel that this game has over the Mario Kart series is that it has a very long mission mode, and most of the unlockables have to be unlocked by this mode. If you like Sega games, you'll have a blast with all the references and characters. I know it's not a Wii U exclusive, but I've seen that the general opinion is that the Wii U version is the best one.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
So I am off to fill up my digital library on my Wii U, so WiiWare titles would count too and VC from both Wii and Wii U. And recommendations to give me?

For WiiWare, I love Mega 9 and 10, Sonic 4, Lost Winds 1 and 2, and while I only played Castlevania Rebirth, I hear Contra and Gradius Rebirth are great too.

For Wii U eshop, I love Bit Trip Runner 2 and Child of Light the most. Others I enjoyed were Mutant Mudds Deluxe, Ducktales Remastered and Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2

I never played any WiiWare games except for the demos they had, I know there's a Bit Trip Complete collection which I own actually. Art of Balance, Jett Rocket, Cave Story, etc. Wii U eShop there's Trine 2. So here out mine in conjunction to what CoV said.

ZyroXZ2

Mmmm... ALL OF THEM.

No seriously, there are so many games to pick from that range from good to great...

BUT, I will wholeheartedly recommend the one game that sold criminally less than it deserved:

THE WONDERFUL 101

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
My favourites on WiiWare were Mega Man 9 & 10, Cave Story, the Konami ReBirth games (Castlevania, Contra & Gradius) and the Bit .Trip series (this series also became available as an expanded retail collection that is less expensive than buying them all individually). La Mulana is also very good (though I don't own it on WiiWare).

Of those, I believe only the ReBirth games are exclusive to WiiWare. I never played Sonic 4, or Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, but I generally heard good things.

If you haven't guessed yet, I have a thing for 2D games with a retro sensibility. Your mileage may vary. There's a number of other experiences available as well.

If you dig puzzle platformers then Fluidity and the two Lost Winds games are worth your time, each with some creative use of the Wiimote. I've also heard good things about the original Toki Tori among puzzle platformer fans.