Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Goodtwin

XC:X was a game that really struck a chord with me. I had never really played RPG's like that, but enjoyed the 120 hour ride. My wife said to me yesterday that I play a lot of different types of games, and I think being a Nintendo guy helps push you into a diverse group of games. I'm sure a lot of people buy the yearly Madden, COD and Assassins Creed and stick to that rotation. I'm glad I am playing many different games from different genres. Switch has been great for that.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
That's why he's the Goodtwin, and why Donut is the @EvilTw1n . :msrs:
It's a marriage of convenience.
...I think being a Nintendo guy helps push you into a diverse group of games. I'm sure a lot of people buy the yearly Madden, COD and Assassins Creed and stick to that rotation. I'm glad I am playing many different games from different genres. Switch has been great for that.
The Wii started me down that road. I was mainly a GTA and racing-sim gamer before I bought the Wii. I'm not saying you can't get into similar stuff on other consoles, but I'd wager more people buy a PS4 for AC than they do for Persona 5.

The Wii made me step out of my comfort zone because the quality games that were available were all out of my comfort zone.

Koenig

The Architect
The latest trailer made me more interested in the game due the setting while simultaneously making me cringe from the pure "anime-ness" of it all. We can't all be like @FriedShoes ;).

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
What a surprise, a Nintendo published game gets better looking/more polished/more refined as it nears its launch date. A sort of reverse Ubisoft.

But in all seriousness, I honestly adore the art style, as well as the anime-ness of it. It gives me vibes of the original XC rather than XCX, mostly due to the color palette, but also I see the style of XC on Wii/N3DS more anime-like in its design than a realistic look in XCX.

Dec 1st is fast approaching, and...I still don't own a Switch. :mplain:

Koenig

The Architect
I did not like the VA at all, hoping for the Japanese dual audio.
Setting and story look pretttttyyy good though.
Yeah, the voice acting defiantly seems a bit off. I am hoping that is just a result of a poorly cut trailer with the dialogue run over it, rather than the actual dialogue for those scenes.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
What a surprise, a Nintendo published game gets better looking/more polished/more refined as it nears its launch date. A sort of reverse Ubisoft.

But in all seriousness, I honestly adore the art style, as well as the anime-ness of it. It gives me vibes of the original XC rather than XCX, mostly due to the color palette, but also I see the style of XC on Wii/N3DS more anime-like in its design than a realistic look in XCX.

Dec 1st is fast approaching, and...I still don't own a Switch. :mplain:
are you looking? or have you not decided yet?

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/

Shoulder

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
I think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is following Moore's Law but somehow altered for teh grafix. It seems every few weeks they have gone and doubled the fidelity of the graphics. Textures seem to have improved, shaders have improved, far more foliage involved, graphical effects all up on the screen in battles, etc... I can't wait to see what another month will bring...or better yet...two months. :mdrool:

Shoulder

I think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is following Moore's Law but somehow altered for teh grafix. It seems every few weeks they have gone and doubled the fidelity of the graphics. Textures seem to have improved, shaders have improved, far more foliage involved, graphical effects all up on the screen in battles, etc... I can't wait to see what another month will bring...or better yet...two months. :mdrool:
It's the Nintendo way: Games actually get BETTER looking as they get closer to launch.

simplyTravis

I watched a video today that may be considered to have slight spoilers. It made me worry less about the size/scope of the game for sure. If you want to take a gander check out the spoiler tag.

Warning: The video isn't the best quality while things are moving. You will see the area with the glowing trees. You will also see quite a bit about the fighting system but the voiceover is all in another language. Towards the end of the footage you will see a city and palace. It is all very nice and I don't believe too spoilery. You have been warned --->
Start watching at 4:30:00
All credit to /u/MezzoMe for these translations.

English translations of what the presenter said:

• Only some people can resonate with those crystals, to incarnate the spirit inside a weapon, a.k.a. BLADEs, whose crystals are their natural state

• Those crystals can both be random and given to you by the story. The way he worded it implies that the act of giving you a crystal can be random or not, he didn't specify if the BLADEs popping out of story crystals are random

• BLADEs differ in weapon wielded, roles and elements, Ryo uses darkness, as indicated by the icon over the stats, and is a Tank, as indicated by TNK, which means, he can aggro enemies on the same vein as taunt and lock-on

• Those stats are Ryo's, not the character's, BLADEs' ones add onto the ones of the characters they are associated with

• You can set up to three BLADEs for the same character

• BLADEs don't have properly named levels, but affinity levels, in order to increase their stats

• Usually the higher-ranking commanders are drivers, he faced a group of drivers and BLADEs himself at 5:06:14

• The reason those drivers are your enemies is because at that point you have a bounty on your head, thus everybody tries to kill you

• That spaceship he takes is a titan, albeit a relatively small one

• Besides auto-attacks filling art attacks, art attacks in turn fill the roman number on the right, that is the Elemental art, that also pops up at the center

• Auto-attacks have three hits, each stronger than the last, the way he said it implied that this is true for all BLADEs

• You can no more attack while moving

• Besides Break and Topple, other two debuffs are added to the combo: Launch, after they toppled, and Smash, to punch them back to the ground while they are spinning in the air, you can see the combo being followed up until Launch at 4:43:12

• The red circle around Nia at 4:41:09 indicates that she is the one being attacked

• Arts' cooldown recovers even when the Blade is switched off

• At 4:47:18 is performed a combo, which starts by pressing one of the two prompts on the sides. After doing that, the ally will perform the art in question and the list on the upper right appears, by chaining arts of those elements before the bar on top runs out you or your allies follow through the combo, the last art must be used with the roman number at level 3, just like the first two need level 1 and 2. At 3:53:11 you can see another instance where the combo almost follows up to the end two times before being successful, the result being the sealed ability in question being negated to the victim, in this case Blowdown is what was causing that gas around the characters that prevented them from casting arts; the seal also causes that spinning green orb around him, which is an indicator of Wind resistance and can be nullified by casting a chain attacks and starting it by using the opposite element to which he is resistent, in this case, Ice. Casting a chain attack consumes all three bars on the top left, while resurrecting an ally costs one of them, and just like in XC, you can prolong it by successfully responting to the QTEs

• That titan is named Uraia, and all humans there are confined in the town at the end, trying to live pacefully with the nature, the part he traversed is structured like a dungeon, as it does have doors and puzzle to overcome in order to go onward, at 4:48:48 there is one instance, as that gate was originally closed and the lake flooded the area before it, by using a BLADE ability to burn down the Blocked Floodgate, lowering the water level and unlocking the gate, the drill is about increasing stats, like Botanic, in a manner reminescent of XCX's chests
More translations, this time from GamerSoft of the Xenoblade 2 GameFaqs board:

• When the game begins, Rex is working as a Titan merchant, selling resources from the more plentiful Titans to ones that have none for money. While on a job with a team of mercenaries, he meets Pyra, who wants to go back home to Elysium, the tree where all creatures come from.

• Blades do not level up, but as you use them more and more, their affinity with a Driver upgrades and they become more powerful and effective, especially in combos.

• Those that are trying to stop Rex and Pyra are just after them because they're Wanted, not actually knowing why they're trying to stop them. This Wanted status was put on Rex and Pyra by some higher, unknown force.

• Nomura designed everything for Torna's Titan, from characters to ships to housing and more.

• Nintendo contracted a whole bunch of manga, anime, and game artists to design dozens of characters, Titans, etc., including people who have worked on Fire Emblem and Macross, among other things.

• There is a theatre where you can watch performances that tell the world's story. These are actually important to the story, one particularly so.

Edited to add translations for video.

Last edited:

simplyTravis

New details about the battle system! It sounds really complex this time around, but I kinda like it.

Check it out here:
https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.co...ike-a-finely-layered-onionor-is-it-onions/amp

Like a finely layered onion…or is it onions?
Hello!

Demetrius from the Treehouse here, and I would like to take some time to talk about the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game. I’ve been playing this game for the past couple of months and have become well-versed in the game’s combat system and mechanics. They’re really deep and complex, which is great if you’re looking for a compelling, full-featured combat experience, but they can make the game feel a bit daunting when you first jump in.

A typical battle scene. Lots of information to digest!

That said, I thought it would be a good idea to lay out some of the things I’ve learned in a blog post. Hopefully all this info, presented in an easily digestible format, will give you the advantage you’re looking for when you pick the game up on December 1st!

BLADES

To begin with, let’s discuss Blades. Blades are synthetic beings who wield different weapons full of tremendous power. Each Blade is born from what is called a Core Crystal. When a person touches a Blade’s Core Crystal, he or she will bond with that Blade and, as a result, be able to command that Blade in battle. A person who has bonded with a Blade is known as that Blade’s “Driver.”

Here we see a powerful and mysterious Blade, Pyra, alongside her Driver, Rex.

Drivers can bond with many different Blades, but can only command up to three in battle at a time. This is a big point at which strategy comes into play—once you’ve bonded with multiple Blades, which will you take into battle, and who will you start with? An indicator at the lower left of the game screen shows you who your current three Blades are; the top position represents the lead Blade, who always enters battle first.

Here we see Pyra in the first position, with Finch and Kogoku in the second and third positions respectively.

A small amount of time must pass before you can swap to one of your other two Blades. There are ways to shorten this amount of time by using Blades more frequently or completing quests, but there will always be a bit of a wait. And which Blade you choose to start battle with should always be part of your plans.

From there, though, battle strategy gets even more complex. Think of it like peeling an onion—there are lots of layers to go!

First layer: Auto-Attacks

When a Driver battles, they will automatically attack enemies in range using their active Blade’s weapon. This is known as the Auto-Attack mechanic. The speed of auto-attacks varies depending on the weapon. Some, such as Knuckles, are fast, but do less damage compare to slower weapons such as Axe. Auto-attacks are very important, as each of these strikes builds up a meter that can be used to unleash stronger abilities known as “ARTS.”

Second Layer: ARTS

ARTS are special abilities that Drivers can use—which ARTS a Driver has access to at any given time all depends on his or her active Blade and that Blade’s weapon. Not only are ARTS more powerful than auto-attacks, but they can also cause a wide variety of status effects that can quickly disable foes. To efficiently use ARTS, you’ll need to understand where to best position your Driver and what type of status effect each ART may cause. If you really learn your stuff, you can chain ARTS together to cause massive damage.

Third Layer: ART Combos

There are many different ways to chain ARTS together, so allow me to illustrate with a specific example:

• Thanks to her active Blade, Dromarch, a Driver named Nia uses an ART to temporarily afflict an enemy with a status effect called “Break.” While this status effect is active, a status indicator appears above that enemy’s name.
  • Seeing the status indicator, Rex quickly swaps to using Pyra as his active Blade and, thanks to her, uses an ART that afflicts that same enemy with the “Topple” status effect.
  • These two attacks chain together, knocking the enemy down and leaving it completely defenseless for a short period of time.

If party members are fast enough, they can change their active Blades to accomplish even more impressive combo moves. For example, they can work together to launch an enemy up into the air and then smash it back down, dealing tremendous damage while at the same time securing health regeneration and bonus items for themselves. This type of chained sequence is known as an ART Combo.

Fourth Layer: Specials

As Drivers use ARTS, they gradually build up a multi-level Specials meter that ranges from level one to level four. (More on the significance of levels later.) When a special is activated, the Driver stands back and lets his or her active Blade attack the enemy directly with a flashy attack. Specials inflict more damage than an ART and, more importantly, also inflict an elemental status effect based on the element of the Blade, so it’s a really good idea to use ARTS so you can unleash specials frequently.

Keep in mind that each Blade’s elemental affinity is key to the next layer of combat, Blade Combos. Deeper and deeper we go!

Fifth Layer: Blade Combos

Understanding how to perform a Blade Combo is key to taking down powerful enemies, and at first this system can seem a little daunting. However, once you understand the flow, it becomes very easy to pull off these killer moves.

To make things a little easier, here’s an example of a full Blade Combo:

• Rex uses Finch’s level one Wind special to inflict a level one Wind status effect for a short period of time. While this status effect is active, an elemental tree appears at the top right side of the screen. This elemental tree shows a sequence of specials that, if executed correctly, will result in an incredibly powerful attack that prevents affected enemies from using abilities, self-destructing, or even using their own Blades.

The first part of the tree above, for our example enemy, shows the evidence of Finch’s level one Wind status effect. It also shows the elements needed for the next steps in the combo.

• To continue this Blade combo, a party member now needs to use either a level two Wind or a level two Ice special before time runs out. Nia takes the lead, and uses a level two Wind special.
  • To complete this Blade combo, a party member now needs to use either a level three Earth special or a level three Lightning special before time runs out. We’ll assume, for the sake of this example, that someone in the party has enough saved up in their special meter and the right Blade to make that happen!

With all three steps completed, an incredible attack is unleashed that’s over 10 times stronger than a normal special attack!

After a Blade Combo is successfully performed, a small orb containing the last element used in the combo appears and floats around the enemy’s body.

If your next Blade Combo ends with the element contained in that orb, it will do significantly less damage. (So no spamming the same Blade Combo over and over again, people!) But if you’re ready to dive into the next layer of combat mechanics, you can burst that orb and get it out of the way.

Sixth Layer: Chain Attacks

Chain Attacks are the best way to deal damage in the game and are CRUCIAL in taking down bosses and special world enemies. When performed correctly, Chain Attacks can deal hundreds of thousands of points of damage. (And YES, some enemies really do have that many HP to spare.)

To perform a Chain Attack, you first need to fill your Party Meter—this’ll happen gradually as you battle enemies and perform a variety of other types of attacks.

Once your Party Meter is full, press the + Button to initiate a Chain Attack sequence. During this sequence, your Drivers will each take a turn attacking the enemy with a level one Special that has its attack power turned waaaay up!

Now, here where it gets really fun. If you have multiple orbs stacked on an enemy, you can try to burst them every time you attack during a Chain Attack sequence. It takes three hits to burst an orb, and each time you do so each of your three active Drivers gets to take another turn at attacking the enemy. If you time it right, their Specials meter will keep filling up and their attack power will keep climbing!

Burst three or more orbs and taking down a boss in the process is incredibly rewarding.

There is one more layer to combat—something called “canceling”—but I will save that for another day. I hope this explanation of combat is helpful for you all and that you have as much fun as I am when playing this game!

Take care,

—Demetrius

theMightyME

New details about the battle system! It sounds really complex this time around, but I kinda like it.

Check it out here:
https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.co...ike-a-finely-layered-onionor-is-it-onions/amp

Like a finely layered onion…or is it onions?
Hello!

Demetrius from the Treehouse here, and I would like to take some time to talk about the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game. I’ve been playing this game for the past couple of months and have become well-versed in the game’s combat system and mechanics. They’re really deep and complex, which is great if you’re looking for a compelling, full-featured combat experience, but they can make the game feel a bit daunting when you first jump in.

A typical battle scene. Lots of information to digest!

That said, I thought it would be a good idea to lay out some of the things I’ve learned in a blog post. Hopefully all this info, presented in an easily digestible format, will give you the advantage you’re looking for when you pick the game up on December 1st!

BLADES

To begin with, let’s discuss Blades. Blades are synthetic beings who wield different weapons full of tremendous power. Each Blade is born from what is called a Core Crystal. When a person touches a Blade’s Core Crystal, he or she will bond with that Blade and, as a result, be able to command that Blade in battle. A person who has bonded with a Blade is known as that Blade’s “Driver.”

Here we see a powerful and mysterious Blade, Pyra, alongside her Driver, Rex.

Drivers can bond with many different Blades, but can only command up to three in battle at a time. This is a big point at which strategy comes into play—once you’ve bonded with multiple Blades, which will you take into battle, and who will you start with? An indicator at the lower left of the game screen shows you who your current three Blades are; the top position represents the lead Blade, who always enters battle first.

Here we see Pyra in the first position, with Finch and Kogoku in the second and third positions respectively.

A small amount of time must pass before you can swap to one of your other two Blades. There are ways to shorten this amount of time by using Blades more frequently or completing quests, but there will always be a bit of a wait. And which Blade you choose to start battle with should always be part of your plans.

From there, though, battle strategy gets even more complex. Think of it like peeling an onion—there are lots of layers to go!

First layer: Auto-Attacks

When a Driver battles, they will automatically attack enemies in range using their active Blade’s weapon. This is known as the Auto-Attack mechanic. The speed of auto-attacks varies depending on the weapon. Some, such as Knuckles, are fast, but do less damage compare to slower weapons such as Axe. Auto-attacks are very important, as each of these strikes builds up a meter that can be used to unleash stronger abilities known as “ARTS.”

Second Layer: ARTS

ARTS are special abilities that Drivers can use—which ARTS a Driver has access to at any given time all depends on his or her active Blade and that Blade’s weapon. Not only are ARTS more powerful than auto-attacks, but they can also cause a wide variety of status effects that can quickly disable foes. To efficiently use ARTS, you’ll need to understand where to best position your Driver and what type of status effect each ART may cause. If you really learn your stuff, you can chain ARTS together to cause massive damage.

Third Layer: ART Combos

There are many different ways to chain ARTS together, so allow me to illustrate with a specific example:

• Thanks to her active Blade, Dromarch, a Driver named Nia uses an ART to temporarily afflict an enemy with a status effect called “Break.” While this status effect is active, a status indicator appears above that enemy’s name.
  • Seeing the status indicator, Rex quickly swaps to using Pyra as his active Blade and, thanks to her, uses an ART that afflicts that same enemy with the “Topple” status effect.
  • These two attacks chain together, knocking the enemy down and leaving it completely defenseless for a short period of time.

If party members are fast enough, they can change their active Blades to accomplish even more impressive combo moves. For example, they can work together to launch an enemy up into the air and then smash it back down, dealing tremendous damage while at the same time securing health regeneration and bonus items for themselves. This type of chained sequence is known as an ART Combo.

Fourth Layer: Specials

As Drivers use ARTS, they gradually build up a multi-level Specials meter that ranges from level one to level four. (More on the significance of levels later.) When a special is activated, the Driver stands back and lets his or her active Blade attack the enemy directly with a flashy attack. Specials inflict more damage than an ART and, more importantly, also inflict an elemental status effect based on the element of the Blade, so it’s a really good idea to use ARTS so you can unleash specials frequently.

Keep in mind that each Blade’s elemental affinity is key to the next layer of combat, Blade Combos. Deeper and deeper we go!

Fifth Layer: Blade Combos

Understanding how to perform a Blade Combo is key to taking down powerful enemies, and at first this system can seem a little daunting. However, once you understand the flow, it becomes very easy to pull off these killer moves.

To make things a little easier, here’s an example of a full Blade Combo:

• Rex uses Finch’s level one Wind special to inflict a level one Wind status effect for a short period of time. While this status effect is active, an elemental tree appears at the top right side of the screen. This elemental tree shows a sequence of specials that, if executed correctly, will result in an incredibly powerful attack that prevents affected enemies from using abilities, self-destructing, or even using their own Blades.

The first part of the tree above, for our example enemy, shows the evidence of Finch’s level one Wind status effect. It also shows the elements needed for the next steps in the combo.

• To continue this Blade combo, a party member now needs to use either a level two Wind or a level two Ice special before time runs out. Nia takes the lead, and uses a level two Wind special.
  • To complete this Blade combo, a party member now needs to use either a level three Earth special or a level three Lightning special before time runs out. We’ll assume, for the sake of this example, that someone in the party has enough saved up in their special meter and the right Blade to make that happen!

With all three steps completed, an incredible attack is unleashed that’s over 10 times stronger than a normal special attack!

After a Blade Combo is successfully performed, a small orb containing the last element used in the combo appears and floats around the enemy’s body.

If your next Blade Combo ends with the element contained in that orb, it will do significantly less damage. (So no spamming the same Blade Combo over and over again, people!) But if you’re ready to dive into the next layer of combat mechanics, you can burst that orb and get it out of the way.

Sixth Layer: Chain Attacks

Chain Attacks are the best way to deal damage in the game and are CRUCIAL in taking down bosses and special world enemies. When performed correctly, Chain Attacks can deal hundreds of thousands of points of damage. (And YES, some enemies really do have that many HP to spare.)

To perform a Chain Attack, you first need to fill your Party Meter—this’ll happen gradually as you battle enemies and perform a variety of other types of attacks.

Once your Party Meter is full, press the + Button to initiate a Chain Attack sequence. During this sequence, your Drivers will each take a turn attacking the enemy with a level one Special that has its attack power turned waaaay up!

Now, here where it gets really fun. If you have multiple orbs stacked on an enemy, you can try to burst them every time you attack during a Chain Attack sequence. It takes three hits to burst an orb, and each time you do so each of your three active Drivers gets to take another turn at attacking the enemy. If you time it right, their Specials meter will keep filling up and their attack power will keep climbing!

Burst three or more orbs and taking down a boss in the process is incredibly rewarding.

There is one more layer to combat—something called “canceling”—but I will save that for another day. I hope this explanation of combat is helpful for you all and that you have as much fun as I am when playing this game!

Take care,

—Demetrius
This time around lol, as if we don't stay every Xenoblade game pulling our hair out with systems overload

simplyTravis

That grass keeps going further back in the distance. Looks like the pop-up is finally starting to get better on these new pics.

Look at dat grass!

simplyTravis

@simplyTravis Glad to see the Chain Attack making a return, I liked that a lot more than the "Overdrive" system from XCX.
So many dittos here. The overdrive system just never clicked with me. I much preferred chain attacks because I felt I was in control of what would happen next. Overdrive just felt like spamming attacks to me.

theMightyME

I just want a list of all of the illustrators working on designs in the game, like every special blade is designed by some different guest artist... Several are manga authors and such

BTW

Game comes out in less than a month, but I won't believe it until we are celebrating the games 10th anniversary.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Game comes out in less than a month, but I won't believe it until we are celebrating the games 10th anniversary.
An actual conversation I had with Matt the other day:
Me: "I really liked Odyssey, like it's a really great game, but I'm kind of disappointed. I was hyped for months, and it took me two days to beat it, you know? And now how long do we have to wait for the next BIG Nintendo game? Probably a year until Prime 4 or something."
Matt: "What about Xenoblade 2, that comes out in one month."
Me: "Holy shit, that's true! HYPE!"

Shoulder

Xenoblade 2 looks very polished just going off that direct. Very clean, and optimized, which is a plus. And the battle system itself looks more focused than XCX (a game which I'm currently struggling to consider even starting up again). I am also falling in love with the soundtrack as well, which shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

And just going off the direct, and what I recall from E3, XC2 is more like XC on Wii/3DS than XCX, which I like. I feel as though I went into XCX with too much hype, and I still feel very disappointed by it. I've considered on restarting the entire campaign from scratch if I have the time. Otherwise, I might just sell XCX entirely.

But, I am looking forward to XC2 though. Feels more like the Xenoblade that I know and love.

Shoulder

One thing I noticed with regards to the Season pass. It says in fine print that those items cannot be bought individually. So, does that really make it a season pass then? Isn't the point of a season pass to not bother with buying things separately, and instead as one unit?

It also begs the question: Why can't you buy these separately?

theMightyME

One thing I noticed with regards to the Season pass. It says in fine print that those items cannot be bought individually. So, does that really make it a season pass then? Isn't the point of a season pass to not bother with buying things separately, and instead as one unit?

It also begs the question: Why can't you buy these separately?
Well, they didn't call it a season pass, but rather an expansion pass

Maybe they should sell it seperately, I bought it though

theMightyME

so I wanted some kind of compiled list, but I couldn't find one, so now I am making one lol

The rare blades in xbc2 ared esigned by a bunch of guest artist, so I figured I should make a list of them and what the artists have done before

Mikumari
Character Design by CHOCO (Xenosaga Character Designer)
Voice Actress - Ayane Sakura (Eleonora in TMS#FE, Ochako Uraraka in My Hero Academia)

Seori
Character Design by CHOCO (Xenosaga)
Voice Actress - Ayako Kawasumi (Fuyumi Mizuhara in Food Wars, Mayu in Fatal Frame 2)

Jikareo
Character Design by Ryosuke Aiba (Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy XI)
Voice Actor - Shunsuke Takeuchi (Black Bomber in Super Bomberman R, Paradalata in Arslan Senki)

Tenni
Character Design by Hideo Minaba (Lost Oddysey, Little King's Story)
Voice Actress - Aya Endo (Emilia in Ixion Saga DT, Inge & Coretta in Monster)

Gurren
Character Design by Minoru Iwamoto (Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Berseria)
Voice Actor - Toru Furuya (Amuro Ray in Mobile Suit Gundam, Yamcha in Dragon Ball)

Yaegiri
Character Design by Minoru Iwamoto (Tales of Symphonia 2, Tales of Zestiria)
Voice Actress - Ayana Taketatsu (Azusa in K-ON!, Leafa in Sword Art Online)

Zakuro
Character Design by Shunya Yamashita (Final Fantasy XII, Makai Kingdom)
Voice Actress - Chinatsu Akasaki (Alice in Food Wars, Felt in Re:Zero)

Musubi
Character Design by Kia Asamiya (Martian Successor Nadesico)
Voice Actress - Miki Takahashi (Mifuyu in Flame of Recca, Tomoko in Touch)

Idaten
Character Design by I-IV (can't find info on him/her)
Voice Actress - Aya Hirano (Misa in Death Note, Hana in Yakuza 4, Migi in Parsyte)

Mei
Character Design by Yasumi Umetsu (Castlevania 64, Kite)
Voice Actress - Sayaka Senbongi (Nifa in Attack on Titan, Stefania in Knights & Magic)

Yuuou
Character Design by Soraya Saga (Wife of Monolith Soft founder Tetsuya Takahashi, Final Fantasy VI, Xenogears)
Voice Actor - Tomoaki Maeno (Naoya in Another, Naotsugu in Log Horizon)

Shik
Character Design by Kouji Ogata (Boogiepop Phantom)
Voice Actress - Mamiko Noto (Elsa in Re:Zero, Moriko in Recovery of an MMO Junkie)

Neutz
Character Design by Takeshi Nogami (Girls und Panzer)
Voice Actress - Yoko Hikasa (Farnese in Berserk, Azusa in Beelzebub)

Tokiha
Character Design by Takahiro Kimura (Code Geass)
Voice Actress - Ami Koshimizu (Tyuule in Gate, Agnès in Bravely Default)

Raiko
Character Design by Asato Mizu (Denki-gai)
Voice Actress - Himika Akaneya (Lapis in In Another World With My Smartphone)

Uka
Character Design by Nakaba Higurashi (Baten Kaitos)
Voice Actress - M・A・O (Mamushi in Ao no Exorcist, Enri in Overlord)

Azami
Character Design by Hakus (Zero:Kage Miko)
Voice Actress - Chiwa Saito (Jennifer in Disgaea, Sena in Bleach)

Kubira
Voice Actor - Mamoru Miyano (Ryuji Sakamoto in Persona 5, Killia in Disgaea 5)

Last edited:

simplyTravis

so I wanted some kind of compiled list, but I couldn't find one, so now I am making one lol

The rare blades in xbc2 ared esigned by a bunch of guest artist, so I figured I should make a list of them and what the artists have done before

Mikumari
Character Design by CHOCO (Xenosaga Character Designer)
Voice Actress - Ayane Sakura (Eleonora in TMS#FE, Ochako Uraraka in My Hero Academia)

Seori
Character Design by CHOCO (Xenosaga)
Voice Actress - Ayako Kawasumi (Fuyumi Mizuhara in Food Wars, Mayu in Fatal Frame 2)

Jikareo
Character Design by Ryosuke Aiba (Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy XI)
Voice Actor - Shunsuke Takeuchi (Black Bomber in Super Bomberman R, Paradalata in Arslan Senki)

Tenni
Character Design by Hideo Minaba (Lost Oddysey, Little King's Story)
Voice Actress - Aya Endo (Emilia in Ixion Saga DT, Inge & Coretta in Monster)

Gurren
Character Design by Minoru Iwamoto (Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Berseria)
Voice Actor - Toru Furuya (Amuro Ray in Mobile Suit Gundam, Yamcha in Dragon Ball)

Yaegiri
Character Design by Minoru Iwamoto (Tales of Symphonia 2, Tales of Zestiria)
Voice Actress - Ayana Taketatsu (Azusa in K-ON!, Leafa in Sword Art Online)

Zakuro
Character Design by Shunya Yamashita (Final Fantasy XII, Makai Kingdom)
Voice Actress - Chinatsu Akasaki (Alice in Food Wars, Felt in Re:Zero)

Musubi
Character Design by Kia Asamiya (Martian Successor Nadesico)
Voice Actress - Miki Takahashi (Mifuyu in Flame of Recca, Tomoko in Touch)

Idaten
Character Design by I-IV (can't find info on him/her)
Voice Actress - Aya Hirano (Misa in Death Note, Hana in Yakuza 4, Migi in Parsyte)

Mei
Character Design by Yasumi Umetsu (Castlevania 64, Kite)
Voice Actress - Sayaka Senbongi (Nifa in Attack on Titan, Stefania in Knights & Magic)

Yuuou
Character Design by Soraya Saga (Wife of Monolith Soft founder Tetsuya Takahashi, Final Fantasy VI, Xenogears)
Voice Actor - Tomoaki Maeno (Naoya in Another, Naotsugu in Log Horizon)

Shik
Character Design by Kouji Ogata (Boogiepop Phantom)
Voice Actress - Mamiko Noto (Elsa in Re:Zero, Moriko in Recovery of an MMO Junkie)

Neutz
Character Design by Takeshi Nogami (Girls und Panzer)
Voice Actress - Yoko Hikasa (Farnese in Berserk, Azusa in Beelzebub)

Tokiha
Character Design by Takahiro Kimura (Code Geass)
Voice Actress - Ami Koshimizu (Tyuule in Gate, Agnès in Bravely Default)

Raiko
Character Design by Asato Mizu (Denki-gai)
Voice Actress - Himika Akaneya (Lapis in In Another World With My Smartphone)

Uka
Character Design by Nakaba Higurashi (Baten Kaitos)
Voice Actress - M・A・O (Mamushi in Ao no Exorcist, Enri in Overlord)

Azami
Voice Actress - Chiwa Saito (Jennifer in Disgaea, Sena in Bleach)

Kubira
Voice Actor - Mamoru Miyano (Ryuji Sakamoto in Persona 5, Killia in Disgaea 5)
This would be a cool article (listicle?) to put on the main site. @Juegos , whatcha think?

theMightyME

It's what I thought as well. I'd like to integrate it into a larger article (if @theMightyME is cool with that), but I gotta work on the Rocket League one first.
I am good with it, and there will likely be more rare blade announcements, plus there is another guest artist who did the evil organization in the game... A ton of artists worked on this game

GaemzDood

The game does look substantially better than Xenoblade Chronicles X, a game that I still think looks hideous.

It also looks less like a glorified MMO this time around.

Hopefully we get a completely uncensored Xenosaga trilogy remaster.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk