Xenoblade Chronicles 2

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Oh, you're funny, Xenoblade 2.

Not a big fan of hiding story progression behind idea/field skills. Even less of a fan that you tie story progression behind idea/field skills, and one of the skills I need include fire - after you just took my fire blade away.

Luckily I had some spare crystals. Took about 10, but I got fire and an extra wind blade. And then...that end of level 7 fight. C'mon. That's just mean.

ROGUE! ROGUE! R-R-ROGUE!

Last edited:

Koenig

The Architect
Oh, you're funny, Xenoblade 2.

Not a big fan of hiding story progression behind idea/field skills. Even less of a fan that you tie story progression behind idea/field skills, and one of the skills I need include fire - after you just took my fire blade away.

Luckily I had some spare crystals. Took about 10, but I got fire and an extra wind blade. And then...that end of level 7 fight. C'mon. That's just mean.

ROGUE! ROGUE! R-R-ROGUE!
Aye...I feel you there.

I stood there for a good 15 minute tanking them thinking they might actually stop coming at some point. So glad the chain attack managed to kill them off.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Also, again I feel I need to reiterate a couple points:

Core Chips are things you need to give to ALL blades being used, not just the ones Rex has. (TNK's need high block rate, ATK need ATK, and HLR need CRIT as every time they CRIT they heal) Just like in XC1, the best ones for your level are usually almost guaranteed drops from UM's.

Every character in your party should be using pouch items (I would prioritize those that give Party Gauge boosts + .XX amount to special per second)

Every blade should have AUX chips. They might seem like small things, but they add up when spread across 9 characters that can show up in 1 battle.

If you like an accessory, check your inventory every now and then, since chances are you've obtained a better version of that by progression through the art of random animal murder.

Affinity trees. Both the Drivers and Blades have them and they make a huge difference.

Keeping all this in mind, enemies around your level shouldn't really every take that long to kill (even big ones that naturally have more HP). Heck, when I killed the lvl 81 monkey I was a match for him in level, and it took me less than 5 minutes easy to full burst kill him.

EvilTw1n

70 hours in. I'm at the world tree, and I sincerely hope there's an open area after this. I was down for the corridor section with Jin through the streets; I thought that worked, and was properly jarring after Alrest. But to go from there to more boring, nondescript corridors is grating on me a bit. The Mechonis interior wasn't ever this meh.

The few difficulty spikes are actually kinda welcome, though. A lot of XBC2 feels like the back 1/4 of XBC, where you're going place to place, getting plot dumps, then moving on. But when you have a moment to breathe, you can go back and find some real good stuff. I went back to Temperantia, and surprise, there's a lot to find there. It's not a huge area, true, but there are some cool secrets. It's not just a big, blank area for you to do a boss fight and then never return, but thus far, there was no leading you by the nose to go find it. In a way, Monolith is hiding the "traditional" Xenoblade exploration parts of this game. Which is weird, but kinda fitting. They wanted this game to feel very different, and it does.

Oh, and while trying to do the last quest for
Poppi QT π
, the game did this:

20180103_234819_LLS.jpg

Not a system freeze. Not a software freeze. Just noped the fuck off.

After I spent 2.5 hours to get that final form and was on the final part of that quest.

This is as first-world a problem as you're gonna get, I concede. But...shit, man. One of the Switch's biggest strengths is putting the console to sleep then jumping right back in where you left off. It's freeing to not ritually go to a menu every 30 minutes to save, just in case, like a nervous tic. I'm glad the game did an auto-save when it did, after I was bonding core crystals, or else I might have been launched back to the beginning of the chapter.
Keeping all this in mind, enemies around your level shouldn't really every take that long to kill (even big ones that naturally have more HP). Heck, when I killed the lvl 81 monkey I was a match for him in level, and it took me less than 5 minutes easy to full burst kill him.
I've taken to using Mythra, and having two arts ready to start a battle. Wait for a teammate to break an enemy, initiate topple, then use a level one blade art for a Photon+topple fusion. That's usually good for at least a quarter of a health bar.

But.

There is still way too much health on some of these enemies. I was trying to fill out the affinity chart for Mythra, and one of the "kill 4 enemies" conditions were some fauna in Mor Ardain. They were like level 29 or 30. My party was all over 60...and they still took too many hits (a grunt at half your level probably shouldn't make it to a level 3 blade combo). But then I walked back to an area with some level 60 guards, and they went down easy. Levels matter, but enemy type matters more than I thought.

BobSilencieux

Is anybody else having "difficulty" with bonding rare blades? I've burned through nearly 500 common, rare, and legendary crystals without seeing one single rare blade. I read that having a higher luck stat helped, so I got Morag's luck up to 600 before bonding 60 or so crystals and still nothing. It has become very tedious...

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
The less blades you have left to get, the harder it is to pull a new one, as the system rolls for an element, then rolls for rarity. If yo don't have any rares left in that pool, it just gets you a common.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Your total Idea points give you a better chance at a rare, and ideas themselves help you pull from specific pools. (Each idea represents two elements)

EvilTw1n

Beat it. 90 hours.

The Good
-The battle system. Despite spongy enemies, this is a damn good system.
-Anime character art. Yes, they could tone down the "save the world in your underwear" aesthetic. But I thought it would be jarring with those character styles in this game world; it really wasn't.
-The music. It's not as good as the original XBC, but that's an unfair comparison, as the original is arguably one of the greatest videogame soundtracks I can think of. If you close your eyes, you're back in Uraya, you're listening to a song damn near redeem an otherwise boring level, you can see the glowing lights of Torigoth from across the field. -The characters. Christ, I even ended up liking
Zeke.
-Exploration. You might think you're done with an area, or that a particular location is a throwaway. Then you walk back and find secrets, interesting geography, some things you'll come back to later.
-Art, art, art, art, art, art. While you're walking through a rusty mine/factory with sheetmetal walls, it's easy to forget some of the views in this game. That opening view of Torigoth is staggering. "Here's a field straight in front of you. To your left is a big part of the field you can't see yet. That town on the horizon? It's pretty big and you can go there. It has another field to the left and behind it, too. And there's a giant god's head leering over the whole thing." Or the first view of Fonsa Myma, which is a certifiably "you gotta be shitting me"-moment.
-The plot of the story. The overall beats, the big picture, is surprisingly well done and thoughtful.

The Not as Good
-The specifics of the story. Will elaborate on in the winners thread. So many things fit neatly into the original; this is less successful, imo. But...it's also a slice of life anime, a magical-girl/shōnen mash-up, a bildungsroman, a parable, a myth, a love story...so yeah, I'll give it a bit of a pass here. But only a bit.
-The padding leading up to the finale. The final/penultimate (depending on where you want to slice it) section felt rushed, like they didn't have time to fully design the level they wanted to make. So instead you get some pretty nondescript, boring hallways here and there.
-The camera. The blades are super-sexualized, and a fanservice/objectification line is one you'll have to figure out for yourself. But the camera in the cutscenes could be flat-out juvenile (here's Pyra bent over a sink, here's looking up Mythra's skirt, here's an ass shot of Pyra in what is supposed to be a dramatic moment). There's wink-wink, then there's repeatedly jamming your elbow into a ribcage. I get it, guys. Pyra has a 13/10 ass. That's what the screenshot tool and 4chan are for.
-World size. I'm sure there is some math wiz who will tell me that all of the areas in this game are, in measurable fact, larger than the original's areas. And I will tell that math wiz that, in practice, this game feels smaller.

The Bad
-Tora. It's not me, it's you. Whoever it is that does the localization? Stop making the Nopon talk like they're obnoxious concussion victims.
-The sidequest system. I can take a few "do X, then Y, then Z, then go back to X" sidequests. I can't take nearly every sidequest being that way.
-Think you can take me?
-Don't forget me.
-Yer 'don!

Ugly
-Only putting this here, because it's proof of why you shouldn't pay attention to Digital Foundry (this is, emphatically, not an ugly game). They complained about the reduced resolution in handheld, and some choppy framerate, but that's about it. They kinda omitted that this looks like an up-res Wii game in places. The turnaround to get this game out explains it, but Monolith's reputation means that more than a few people went in expecting a technical showcase that would blow away expectations.
-More mechanical problems than I was expecting. The button prompt at gathering points sometimes doesn't register at first. You fight enemies through walls. The quick travel map honks at me like a rude cabbie. Odd pop-in during cut scenes. The mini map is functionally useless.

Overall...

...I liked it. I really liked it. Maybe even loved it. In some ways, I'm not sure this game quite earned the reaction it got out of me in the end. But it got that reaction, nonetheless. Is the game uneven, overall? Well, yeah. Most JRPGs are. But I admire the hell out of a game that reaches so far, in so many directions, all at once. It's crazy how ambitious this game is. At the dawn of the HD era, we were told RPGs of this size just weren't possible anymore. Monolith has now made two great ones (an HD re-release of the original will bring that total to three) that are bigger than anything else that nearly anyone else is doing.

The biggest tell that this game is worthwhile? It's only been a few hours. But I miss Alrest.
That final form is well worth it tho. Peep that idle animation and have fun with the camera
I'll get back to it. One of these days.
Is anybody else having "difficulty" with bonding rare blades? I've burned through nearly 500 common, rare, and legendary crystals without seeing one single rare blade. I read that having a higher luck stat helped, so I got Morag's luck up to 600 before bonding 60 or so crystals and still nothing. It has become very tedious...
I honestly stopped caring after awhile. Once I could get 4 orbs on a boss, I cruised and didn't bother bonding. I know me, and having all of those affinity charts to fill out would have driven me bonkers.

Last edited:

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I am not a math wiz, but in many respects XC2 is, by the by, bigger than XC1 in many respects. At the very least, denser than XC1.

XC1, however, didn't give a shit about stretching graphics and shit so they went full nuts with gigantic empty plains/areas to make everything feel freakin' huge.

As for the endgame, the nature of the place you're in means it makes sense for it to be like that (and it didn't feel all that boring, to me).

EvilTw1n

I am not a math wiz, but in many respects XC2 is, by the by, bigger than XC1 in many respects. At the very least, denser than XC1.

XC1, however, didn't give a shit about stretching graphics and shit so they went full nuts with gigantic empty plains/areas to make everything feel freakin' huge.
It's definitely denser. But...that's the thing...I know XBC2 is damn big, but the first game felt bigger. Part of that was creative lying with zones (you cross Sword Valley and remember "holy shit, I saw this from the Knee!"), I concede. That is a good lie to make, from a game design standpoint, though.
As for the endgame, the nature of the place you're in means it makes sense for it to be like that (and it didn't feel all that boring, to me).
I'd concur if it weren't for the existence of
Frontier Village. Monolith has already done the whole "here's a world encased in a cylindrical design, and here's how we'll make it look." But apart from that, the Bionis' interior was clever, too; at the Apocrypha Generator, you look down upon the whole Central Factory. Lying with zone loading, yes, but it gives you scale. The World Tree, on the other hand, is just elevator-to-corridor, elevator-to-corridor, elevator-to-corridor. Look up and look down to nothing much at all. Monolith can do so much more than that.

Small quibble, though.

Koenig

The Architect
I generally agree with everything @EvilTw1n has already said, although I enjoyed the game far less over all. I think I'd give the game a B-, 8/10, Three stars, what have you. It is definitely my least favorite of the Xenoblade games up to this point, but its far from the worst game I have ever played.

I can't in good faith recommend X2 to anyone who is not already a die-hard Xenoblade fan OR who someone who also considers themselves somewhat of a "weeaboo" (Or at least, does not mind the egregious amounts of tropes and cliches that tend to come with anime and manga)

That said, I think the game has a ton of good ideas, some of which are the best the series has to offer; I just don't think any of them fit together well in the grand scheme of things. To me the game is far less than the sum of its parts, but I would certainly like to see some of these parts make a return in future Xenoblade games provided that they mesh well with the other aspects of the game.

BobSilencieux

I've waited a couple of days to post this because I thought my immediate reaction would be too raw and angry... The mechanic for getting rare blades by bonding core crystals is just.FUCKING.LUDICROUSLY.FUCKING.RETARDED! :mad::mad::mad:
Nice idea in principle, but hilariously badly executed. After 210 hours play time with the game, and close to 2000 crystals bonded, I finally discovered that 4-Star rarity blades actually exist. For over 200 hours, I honestly thought you could only get 1-, 2-, 3-, and 5-star rarity blades. Much worse than that though, is the stupid stupid stupid fucking stupid low chance to bond with a rare blade. I have 7 left to get, and at the rate I'm getting them now, it's going to take hundreds of hours more, and literally THOUSANDS more core crystals. I've burned through close to a thousand crystals since my last rare blade over 2 weeks ago, and gotten sweet fuck all for my efforts. The other night I decided to give it a really good try, and bonded 100 crystals in one sitting, comprising 6 legendary, 27 rare, and 67 common. It took me just over an hour. I got nothing. I've increased Morag's luck stat to 650 because I heard that helped. It didn't help. I increased the ideas to level 8 or 9 for each because I heard that helped. It didn't help. My new plan is to go through 100 more in one sitting but this time making the 100 up from only rare and legendary cores, and see what happens then. I'm not optimistic...

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I've waited a couple of days to post this because I thought my immediate reaction would be too raw and angry... The mechanic for getting rare blades by bonding core crystals is just.FUCKING.LUDICROUSLY.FUCKING.RETARDED! :mad::mad::mad:
Nice idea in principle, but hilariously badly executed. After 210 hours play time with the game, and close to 2000 crystals bonded, I finally discovered that 4-Star rarity blades actually exist. For over 200 hours, I honestly thought you could only get 1-, 2-, 3-, and 5-star rarity blades. Much worse than that though, is the stupid stupid stupid fucking stupid low chance to bond with a rare blade. I have 7 left to get, and at the rate I'm getting them now, it's going to take hundreds of hours more, and literally THOUSANDS more core crystals. I've burned through close to a thousand crystals since my last rare blade over 2 weeks ago, and gotten sweet fuck all for my efforts. The other night I decided to give it a really good try, and bonded 100 crystals in one sitting, comprising 6 legendary, 27 rare, and 67 common. It took me just over an hour. I got nothing. I've increased Morag's luck stat to 650 because I heard that helped. It didn't help. I increased the ideas to level 8 or 9 for each because I heard that helped. It didn't help. My new plan is to go through 100 more in one sitting but this time making the 100 up from only rare and legendary cores, and see what happens then. I'm not optimistic...
Are you sure you've gotten all the side quest blades? Cause 7 randoms left seems like a lot to me.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
and here I am getting loads of rare blades with common cores, no idea upgrades, and just not paying attention to luck at all

well kind of...

EvilTw1n

Yup. My girlfriend has been googling for me, without giving anything away, and she confirms I have 7 randoms let to get.
So how much has the collection aspect soured you on the game, overall?

(I admit I'm soliciting opinions. I've written the site review, and don't quite have the score figured out. The collection factor is something I haven't even contemplated, because I couldn't care less about collecting blades - but I'm probably in the minority on that.)
I generally agree with everything @EvilTw1n has already said, although I enjoyed the game far less over all. I think I'd give the game a B-, 8/10, Three stars, what have you. It is definitely my least favorite of the Xenoblade games up to this point, but its far from the worst game I have ever played.

I can't in good faith recommend X2 to anyone who is not already a die-hard Xenoblade fan OR who someone who also considers themselves somewhat of a "weeaboo" (Or at least, does not mind the egregious amounts of tropes and cliches that tend to come with anime and manga)

That said, I think the game has a ton of good ideas, some of which are the best the series has to offer; I just don't think any of them fit together well in the grand scheme of things. To me the game is far less than the sum of its parts, but I would certainly like to see some of these parts make a return in future Xenoblade games provided that they mesh well with the other aspects of the game.
The weeb factor is one I considered, but I kinda figure that if you've looked at this game, you know exactly what you're getting into. Docking this game solely due to some of its tropey leanings would be like docking DOOM for having too much blood.

Koenig

The Architect

(I admit I'm soliciting opinions. I've written the site review, and don't quite have the score figured out. The collection factor is something I haven't even contemplated, because I couldn't care less about collecting blades - but I'm probably in the minority on that.)

The weeb factor is one I considered, but I kinda figure that if you've looked at this game, you know exactly what you're getting into. Docking this game solely due to some of its tropey leanings would be like docking DOOM for having too much blood.
Perhaps, but that may not be a good example; Doom has always been about gore and blood. Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade X has always had some of the tropes to it, but absolutely no where near what is in X2. The tonal shift is of a magnitude that can not be ignored.

EvilTw1n

XC1 felt really trope-y and anime-y to me.

More Record of Lodoss War or Gundam than D.Gray-Man or Yu Yu Hakusho, but still shonen-ish.
It was those things. I hate to quote mahself, buuuuut...

Generally nice, kind protagonist? Check.
Protagonist an orphan? Check.
Hometown gets wrecked? Check.
Giant magic sword? Check.
Anime girl in thigh-highs? Check.
Protagonist an effing dolt that can't figure out childhood girl friend is in love with him? (Spoiler?) Check.
Best friend is comedic relief? Check.
Wise, older surrogate who isn't what they seem? Check.
Robots? Why not?

Shit, we're not even out of Colony 9, are we?

So, yeah.

I do think it's a fair point that there was a shift to more slice-of-life in XBC2. But...if you let anime leanings bother you one way or the other, any of the Xeno-tendo games could be disqualified.

BobSilencieux

Overall, not too much, honestly. It's an aspect of the game, and I will be pissed if I can't get all the blades because of this bullshit, but there's a whole huge amount of game outside of the crystal-bonding bit, and none of the rest of it is brought down by this train wreck of a mechanic.

Koenig

The Architect
I do think it's a fair point that there was a shift to more slice-of-life in XBC2. But...if you let anime leanings bother you one way or the other, any of the Xeno-tendo games could be disqualified.
Then why was I enthralled by the story of X1, but turned off completely by the story of X2? Again, X1 had its tropes, but they fit the narrative and moved the plot along smoothly; I really cannot say the same for the majority of those found in X2.

theMightyME

Overall, not too much, honestly. It's an aspect of the game, and I will be pissed if I can't get all the blades because of this bullshit, but there's a whole huge amount of game outside of the crystal-bonding bit, and none of the rest of it is brought down by this train wreck of a mechanic.
The state of the map is a worse problem imo

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
@EvilTw1n @Koenig In manga, a difference is made between shonen and seinen. Seinen manga is basically the same kind of structure as a shonen manga, but with more adult themes. That doesn't necessarily mean sex and violence, just a more mature treatment of the material. I would say XCX fits the seinen type (outside of the terrible main story), while XC2 fits squarely in the shonen type. XC1 was at least somewhere in between.

Basically, whatever the protagonist's age is, that's the intended audience of most Japanese games, anime, and manga. XC1 = college-age person who's trying to figure themselves out; XCX = fit af adult; XC2 = Middle Schooler?

Koenig

The Architect
I have not seen it mentioned much but:

I liked Merc missions, but they eventually became a hastle to setup and deploy, however things take a turn for a worse if you are foolish enough to try and level ursula up to lvl 5. Nothing like stopping the game every 10 minutes, spending another minute to find the pre-req team, and doing it over and over something like 150 times...

Koenig

The Architect
@EvilTw1n @Koenig In manga, a difference is made between shonen and seinen. Seinen manga is basically the same kind of structure as a shonen manga, but with more adult themes. That doesn't necessarily mean sex and violence, just a more mature treatment of the material. I would say XCX fits the seinen type (outside of the terrible main story), while XC2 fits squarely in the shonen type. XC1 was at least somewhere in between.

Basically, whatever the protagonist's age is, that's the intended audience of most Japanese games, anime, and manga. XC1 = college-age person who's trying to figure themselves out; XCX = fit af adult; XC2 = Middle Schooler?
Perhaps. At the very least it is definitely worth mentioning, cause I am sure there are plenty of others who might find the the shonen type less interesting (Although I still don't buy that shonen is the whole problem; I have watched and loved plenty of shonen anime before)

theMightyME

I have not seen it mentioned much but:

I liked Merc missions, but they eventually became a hastle to setup and deploy, however things take a turn for a worse if you are foolish enough to try and level ursula up to lvl 5. Nothing like stopping the game every 10 minutes, spending another minute to find the pre-req team, and doing it over and over something like 150 times...
I didn't mind this... it gives me a break, and I don't feel rushed to do it every 5 minutes, I might leave a merc mission finished for half an hour before going to set a new one... maybe longer, or I could be anxiously sitting at the merc screen waiting for them to return.

basically right now I am in the mdoe of doing side quests, and while making progress on those I will salvage when I found spots, or kill unique beasts, etc... and then every so often I check in and try and bond with some blades (as I acquire more cores along the way), check my affinities, set new merc missions, etc..

EvilTw1n

Then why was I enthralled by the story of X1, but turned off completely by the story of X2? Again, X1 had its tropes, but they fit the narrative and moved the plot along smoothly; I really cannot say the same for the majority of those found in X2.
Why was I enthralled by The Force Awakens, but turned off by The Last Jedi?
Why was I enthralled by Saving Private Ryan, but turned off by Dunkirk?
Why was I enthralled by Highlander, but turned off by all of its sequels?

Two things within the same general genre are not guaranteed to provoke the same reaction. I agree that XBC had a better story, fwiw.
Surprisingly, Rex is 74
When I started XCX, I made my character as old looking as freaking possible.

I think that was the magic of the original; it was dark without being noir, it had tinges of melodrama without fully giving in to being overly emotional, etc.

Hurry up and make an HD remaster, Nintendo.

BobSilencieux

So here we are. It's taken me 11 days real time, and 40 in-game hours, and I finally have my next set of 100 crystals. I've fought that damn bat and that bloody monkey about 50 times each and now I'm ready to try bonding again. I have 78 rare and 22 legendary crystals. I have Rex's luck up to 750, and his ideas up to 9, 9, 8, 7. I'm going to use boosters. I have 7 blades left to get. If I don't get at least 3 from this haul, I'm going to be really pissed, moreso than I already am from spending 40 bastard hours grinding for crystals. I will undertake this mission in the morning and let you know how I get on. I'm not overly optimistic...

howd you get so many legendary crystals?

I popped to more rare blades from common crystals, after wasting my Legendarys and Rares, the RNG is fucking rude.

also what the fuck, how'd you get his luck so high?

Last edited:

Koenig

The Architect
Can't you get legendary crystals by finishing "Smashing" the games high level boss monsters? I think I got 2 or 3 from this fighting the flying rogue deviant Mor Ardain soldier North-East of, well, Mor Odrain; and a few more from smashing some of the giant mechs in the world tree. (I think)

BobSilencieux

howd you get so many legendary crystals?

I popped to more rare blades from common crystals, after wasting my Legendarys and Rares, the RNG is fucking rude.

also what the fuck, how'd you get his luck so high?
You're right, the RNG is disgusting. When I want a rare item from collecting, I get nothing but commons. When I want an uncommon item from salvaging, I get nothing but rares what the fuck.

I got the legendarys by fighting Territorial Rotbart (level 90 monkey near the Waytree) and Insectivore Malcolm (level 75 bat near Zeno's Deadbole) about 50 times each. Tried to finish them with a full burst chain as often as possible.

As for luck:-

Rex, level 90, base luck 353
Plus Gold Gear Choker 379
Plus Comet Choker 496
Engage blade with 19% luck mod 590
Engage blade with 15% luck mod and Chancy Ball 751

theMightyME

I got 1 new rate blade... 50 commons, 5 rares, 2 legendaries

Got it on like the 20th common... Having started with legendaries and working my way down

New game plus is legit good. Also free. Take notes Nintendo.
https://gematsu.com/2018/02/xenoblade-chronicles-2-version-1-3-0-update-launches-next-week-details

Partial spoilers, so I'm not gonna post those bits here, needless to say they're cool additions
3. All Blade Mercenaries can be dispatched. At the same time, Blades such as Pyra and Mythra that you could not leave your party in your first playthrough can also be dispatched.

4. Unlocks a Driver’s “Reverse Affinity Chart” and adds even further growth.

5. You can level-down a Driver’s level at inns, as well as earn bonus EXP depending on the lowered level.

Bonus EXP can be used to barter for special items. There are even items that can increase the number of Driver accessories that can be equipped, so be sure to barter away. If you talk to the “Troubadour” that appears on each Titan, you can barter with them.

What Carries Over

The following content will carry over from the clear data of your first playthrough into Advanced New Game Mode:

• Driver level
  • Driver and Blade equipment and growth elements
  • Awakened Blades
  • Acquired items and gold
  • Town development degree and Mercenaries level
  • Event Theater contents and Unique Monster kills
Quests, Heart-to-Hearts, Skip Travel points, and cleared Mercenary Missions will reset.
There's also additional updates besides this, which are all very good.
■ Other Updates

In addition to the second playthrough element, the following five updates will also be available in your first playthrough.

1. A system has been implemented to lock awakened Blades from the list.

By locking an awakened Blade on the menu, you can make it impossible to release. This also improves its visibility. “My 4 Star Common Blade is out!” Be sure to use this system at such times.

2. An option has been added to skip the cutscene when awakening a Blade.

3. When the mini-map is enlarged, each icon set on the Skip Travel screen is displayed.

4. “Easy Mode” has been added to the game’s difficulty options.

*The difficulty option you have been playing will become “Normal.” You can change the difficulty at any time during the game in the options menu.

5. New sorting options have been added to Accessories, Assist Cores, Blade List, etc.

Very Good Stuff, Love This Game