Yoshi's Island 3DS Discussion

AniGamer

TNE Clan Owner
With the new Nintendo Direct announcement today, I'm extremely happy to say we will be receiving Yoshi's Island 3DS. What are everyone's thoughts about this?

It looks nice, I'm curious about it, but to tell you the truth I've never been really that big on the series despite buying the games. I really like the artstyle though.

Yoshi's Island on the SNES is one of my favorite platformers, DS one was merely okay.I'm wondering how the Wii U Yoshi and Island 3D will differ. I can't imagine they'll be too similar...

Still a little undecided about the art style. I'm sure I'll get more excited as the game gets closer to release. Also I'm probably in the minority, but I really enjoyed Yoshi's Island DS.

Still a little undecided about the art style. I'm sure I'll get more excited as the game gets closer to release. Also I'm probably in the minority, but I really enjoyed Yoshi's Island DS.
I played the entire game, but it was just decent. Felt like just more levels.

I don't think the game had more levels, actually I think had less but the stages were generally longer. For example one of the levels towards the end of the game is titled the cave that never ends, which is a pretty accurate description.

AniGamer

TNE Clan Owner
I don't think the game had more levels, actually I think had less but the stages were generally longer. For example one of the levels towards the end of the game is titled the cave that never ends, which is a pretty accurate description.
Either way I loved Yoshi's Island. I'd love to get a sequel to my first DS game which was Yoshi Touch 'N Go. I think its fair game for a 3DS sequel.

AniGamer

TNE Clan Owner
Either way I loved Yoshi's Island DS. I'd love to get a sequel to my first DS game which was Yoshi Touch 'N Go. I think its fair game for a 3DS sequel.

Is anyone getting some Yoshi's Story vibes from the trailer? I loved that game too, unlike most. I haven't played the original YI but I have played through and loved YS, YTnG (Not so much) and YI DS. Keeping a eye on this one for sure, it seems to be a mix of YI and YS imo.

Is anyone getting some Yoshi's Story vibes from the trailer? I loved that game too, unlike most. I haven't played the original YI but I have played through and loved YS, YTnG (Not so much) and YI DS. Keeping a eye on this one for sure, it seems to be a mix of YI and YS imo.

You know what'd be awesome? Online or Local Co-Op in Yoshi's Island.

Ex-Actarus

You know what'd be awesome? Online or Local Co-Op in Yoshi's Island.
I will be perfectly fine with jus the single player.
But it seems Nintendo has been embracing multiplayer option for 3DS games.
So why not ?

Honestly, the only reason I'm not that excited for Yoshi's Island is because it's not near the top of my 3DS totem pole with all the stuff coming this year. Surely it will be a great game when I get around to it.

This game seems to received mix reactions because of the artstyle.
I personally don't get it.
I love it !
I think the art style is starting to grow on me. I also think it would be cool if the giant egg mechanic is used for boss fights.

Count me in the group having mixed feelings about that art style.

If it is like the SNES/GBA Yoshi's Island, it could be fantastic. After that not-so-great Yoshi's Island game for the DS, I'm admittedly a little wary of this one. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ex-Actarus

The funny thing with Nintendo is that it's pretty much a lose lose situation for them :

- They change the design or the game mechanics, people complain and want the old stuff.

- They keep the same design or mechanics, people complain they're milking or being conservative.

I'm one of those people as well by the way... ;)

I'm not sure how I feel about this game. Mainly because Yoshi's Island is one of my top 5 games of all time. After Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island DS, I'm afraid to get burned again on another Yoshi Island sequel.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I'm not sure how I feel about this game. Mainly because Yoshi's Island is one of my top 5 games of all time. After Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island DS, I'm afraid to get burned again on another Yoshi Island sequel.
To be frank, I'm more excited about Yoshi's Yarn than about the new Yoshi's Island, but that's also because I felt like Kirby's Epic Yarn was more of a proper "sequel" to Yoshi's Island than any Yoshi game that's come after it, barring maybe Yoshi's Story.

http://kotaku.com/the-first-screen-you-see-when-you-start-the-new-yoshis-1537101635

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge/jc7g612fqopux5r6deru.jpg

Ex-Actarus

I'm very surprised by the mixed reviews of this game ( 62 on Metacritic ).
I find it charming and all, but people seems to not like it.
I don't care anyway, i'll get this game not matter what.

This game wasn't that great. I got to review it and gave it higher than it deserved. Now I only have 1 level left to 100% and I'm all set. That level is 5-S - curse you! Story mode is 100%, and all the other S levels are, except the worst one of all.