Your friendly neighbourhood gamer

'ello!
The name's Ceres on here, but you can call me Isabelle if you'd like. I guess it's time to introduce myself. Or something of that sort anyways.

I'm a currently 19-year-old German girl that got into gaming because she's got two older brothers (bless them, what would I be without them?). That ended with me stealing their N64, I suppose. Too bad for them, good for me. I grew up watching them play games like Ocarina of Time or Banjo Kazooie in full awe, until one of my brothers decided that he was tired of constantly losing to the other, dragged me in front of the console, gave me a controller and introducted me to Mario Kart 64. I was hooked ever after. He soon took me along on games like Turok 2 or Perfect Dark, but quickly found out that I can only play shooters if you place me in a "Capture the Flag" mode and yell HOMEBASE at me. No really, that's how that went.
I soon continued to steal his Gameboy (which now also belongs to me... god, I'm an evil sister) and had humble beginnings with SML2 and Link's Awakening. Mind you, in the latter, I always took one of his savestates and only beat the final boss. I never seem to be able to do that today.

Speaking of today: I must shamefully admit that I am not a Nintendo-only person, although it does hold a special place in my heart. My N64 and GBA are smiling at me lovingly and playing games like Diddy Kong Racing or FFTA still warms my heart.
What I love most concering game types are RPGs and Strategy games. My favourite games aren't surprising after hearing that: the Golden Sun series, most FFs, FFTA (yes. I actually dislike the original Tactics. Here comes the shitstorm!), Fire Emblem 7&8 and god knows what else. Loads of games. It would take ages to list them.

I suppose I've come into contact with many games over the last 5 years or so. I was an active Let's Player until my PC died on me and took my harddrive with it, so some may still know me from YouTube and that community. Even though I haven't been able to do that actively lately, I've still been following the scene and have reverted to streaming, enjoying a small but steady fanbase that endure my horrible internet connection just to chat with me while I walk them through some of my most favourite games.

That being said, I enjoy the role of being a watcher and seldomly talk about what I think, but if I do, you can bet yourself that I will die for my opinion. I usually do not join forums for that very reason but after being asked so nicely, I have taken a look at the community here and decided that I would like to take part in your discussions and just have a fun time.
I'm hoping you won't throw me out immediately or call the doctors. I'm crazy and proud of it.

I'm looking forward to some fun times with you all. :)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Well you maybe talking or not our 1st most active female poster, which is cool with us. Welcome to TNE! We hope you enjoy the convo of a tight knit and respectful community. There are some people here close to your age, we have a great blend of new and older gamers. It's a great dynamic.

If you need anything don't worry about asking one of our mods. Who are @juegosmajicos , @Superfakerbros , @FriedShoes or myself Mattavelle.

Weither you post or not, we hope you find the community welcoming and willing to interact. Just be respectful and all things will fall right in place. Welcome again.

Menashe

Hey Ceres, you seem like a great new member. I always appreciate the European posters, they add a certain flair to their posting.
So, have you played Fire Emblem Awakening yet? It seems like it would be up your alley. Also, don't worry about being non Nintendo-only. Most of us are avid gamers of all shapes and sizes. So, we appreciate a wide diversity of games.

Wow... never expected such a huge welcome. You people are awesome. :)

@mattavelle1 Thanks for the info! That's always good to know.

@Laer_HeiSeiRyuu Golden Sun fans unite! There should've been more than just Dark Dawn for us.

@Superfakerbros Haha, maybe! But then there'd be a little less happiness around here, so you should try being a ninja and just pretending you're not there. That'd be my plan, anyways.

@Menashe Do we? If so, I have no clue how. :D As for Awakening, sadly I haven't, since I don't own a 3DS. But god knows I'd love to...

@nerdman Stand united! Oh yeah, the original certainly was a great game, but I dunno, it just never appealed to me as much as FFTA did. To be fair, I'm still fairly confused by how it works. Maybe I should take another look at it again!

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Wow... never expected such a huge welcome. You people are awesome. :)

@mattavelle1 Thanks for the info! That's always good to know.

@Laer_HeiSeiRyuu Golden Sun fans unite! There should've been more than just Dark Dawn for us.

@Superfakerbros Haha, maybe! But then there'd be a little less happiness around here, so you should try being a ninja and just pretending you're not there. That'd be my plan, anyways.

@Menashe Do we? If so, I have no clue how. :D As for Awakening, sadly I haven't, since I don't own a 3DS. But god knows I'd love to...

@nerdman Stand united! Oh yeah, the original certainly was a great game, but I dunno, it just never appealed to me as much as FFTA did. To be fair, I'm still fairly confused by how it works. Maybe I should take another look at it again!
>:D

Do you have an NNID?

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Well I AM a Nintendo fan so being a ninja shouldn't be too hard

@Superfakerbros I totally believe in your ninja skills!

@Negative_Hippie Thank you! :)

@Laer_HeiSeiRyuu I actually do not. Yup. The newest console I own is a PS2... yes, two.