Your last Wii game before Wii U

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
Many gamers have outrageous backlogs right now, so replaying an old title may not be at the top of everyone's lists. Nevertheless, the Wii's life is coming to a close as Wii U will arrive in a few months. So, what Wii titles do you really want to replay before you purchase a Wii U?

Personally, I'm itching to go back to Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, Monster Hunter Tri and Red Steel 2. No way I'll have time, but I'd also like to replay Okami, Goldeneye and at least one game from the Prime Trilogy.

Yeah, I've already put 350 hours in MH Tri, but there's still stuff I want/need to do there. But my last game will be Xenoblade (second to last if I got the Last Story).

In terms of replaying games... well... I played a lot of games in short periods of time and also I tend to hook up my N64 or play Gamecube games on the Wii for progressive scan goodness.

As for my last Wii game it will be the aptly named The Last Story

I'm not sure if I will be buying another Wii game by the time I get a Wii U, but I do have several games that I still mean to get in the long run.

As far as replaying Wii games that I already own go, I'm still in the middle of my 100% playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles, and I may or may not go for a third run of Super Paper Mario in anticipation of Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

AniGamer

TNE Clan Owner
I will still continue to buy Nintendo Wii games, even when the Wii U releases. I'm a collector as well, so I love all things Nintendo.

I hope to get my hands on Kirby's Dream Collection when it is released.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Like Prime, it looks like my final Wii purchase will also be The Last Story.
(Alas, Pandora's Tower, it was not our time.)

I'm replaying Muramasa right now. After seeing the Zelda symphony last week, I think I'm going to go back and replay Twilight Princess next.

running_in_jam

"Sir Mix-a-Lot" wrote: Yeah, I've already put 350 hours in MH Tri, but there's still stuff I want/need to do there. But my last game will be Xenoblade (second to last if I got the Last Story).
I'm currently getting back into Tri right now. I only just passed HR51, so there is a lot of fun to be had grinding for all the ideal sets and equipment =D Let me know if you wanna play some time.

You guys make me feel bad, as I really want The Last Story and now is the perfect time for me to play it, but I can't quite afford it right now =/ Nevermind, a replay of Skyward Sword is on the cards for me very soon.

"running_in_jam" wrote: I'm currently getting back into Tri right now. I only just passed HR51, so there is a lot of fun to be had grinding for all the ideal sets and equipment =D Let me know if you wanna play some time.
Sounds like fun. I usually have time to play most weekday afternoons, maybe 11 AM to 2 PM EST. and late night 11PM EST and onward most nights.

AniGamer

TNE Clan Owner
I also will be picking up Disney Epic Mikey 2: The Power of Two, Ben 10: Omniverse (Possibly, mainly for brother), Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition, LEGO The Lord of the Rings: The Video Game, Skylanders Giants, Transformers: Prime - The Game. Of course this all depends on how finances work. I currently don't have a job due to medical issues and I am having surgeyr in October, and still can't work for some time after that. So this will rely on obtaining money some how, gifts, presents, etc.

Also I have some DS, and 3DS games I would like to get. As a huge Nintendo fan and collector, first party titles always come first and are more "priority" games to me.

running_in_jam

"Sir Mix-a-Lot" wrote:
"running_in_jam" wrote:
I'm currently getting back into Tri right now. I only just passed HR51, so there is a lot of fun to be had grinding for all the ideal sets and equipment =D Let me know if you wanna play some time.
Sounds like fun. I usually have time to play most weekday afternoons, maybe 11 AM to 2 PM EST. and late night 11PM EST and onward most nights.
Awesome, I'll fetch my HR code for you later on, although I would say I'm rarely on at those times. 11pm EST is 4am for me
Perhaps I'll see you around 11am EST sometime.

@YoshiRider: Fortune Street? Is it any good?

I started playing Skyward Sword, and it was all great until Fi wouldn't let go of my hand...I wish there was a button where you could just turn her off.

Menashe

Play for the first time:
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Project Zero (Fatal Frame 2 remake)
Zack and Wiki

Play Again or Complete:
Skyward Sword
Xenoblade Chronicles
Okami
Fragile Dreams

Ex-Actarus

Skyward Sword was the last game I bought on Wii.

Not sure I will buy another one... Maybe Kirby Collection and that's pretty much it I think.

Sad...

Menashe

"Ex-Actarus" wrote:
"YoshiRider123" wrote:
"running_in_jam" wrote:
@YoshiRider: Fortune Street? Is it any good?
Yes, it is.

It's basically Monopoly with Mario and Dragon Quest, and if you can get into it, you should love it.
I think that game is one of the numerous hidden gem on the Wii.

I heard really good things about it.
Yeah, the Wii is loaded with hidden gems. Have any of you played Fragile?